Disability income insurance

brightzstarz

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm interested in getting a disability income insurance. There are a few companies offering this kind of insurance (eg GE, Aviva, AIA).

I'm inclined towards getting GE Pay Assure as they will provide cover if the insured is unable to continue working in his/her current occupation (which i think is important to me). However, i'll like to seek others' advice before buying the insurance.

Anyone has any advice on which is the best plan? I'm looking for a plan which has more benefits and good coverage. The premium is not my top concern.

Will appreciate any advice.

Thanks!

K|muRa^84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
im also considering GE payassure

trying to get my hands on the policy docs ....the scope of the definitions are critical...

dont mind speaking to an agent together....2 heads r better than one

Project_Xco

Reaction score
I am covered under GE Payassure. I would say premium is reasonable and definitely much cheaper than early CI.

You need to specify these four things:
-Sum Assured (in multiple of $1k)
-Pre Benefit period (90 days, 60 days) <- the reason for this is some people manage to cure within these period of time. So the longer it is, the cheaper the premium.
-Term (till age 65, 75, etc). Obviously, the longer, the more expensive.
-Your job class (like class 1,2,3) <- class 1 is like office job without travelling. class 2 is like need to travel (ie. walk to meet clients), class 3 involves height.

So do prepare all these before you meet your GE agent.

I feel that the selling point about this PayAssure is that it covers you when you either cannot work due to accident or illness (like cancer). I took this as a substitute to early CI as the premiums is very high to me. The ideal situation is to have both early CI and PayAssure.

There are also other products such as AIA Premier Disability, Aviva SAF disability insurance and others. Try to take note of the definition of ADL and how many ADL you need to have before it can be considered as a disability. Then you decide.

eh btw, i'm not GE agent or what. Go and chase you own GE agent or call their hotline.

Last edited:

VictorvonDoom

Master Member
Reaction score
I am covered under GE Payassure. I would say premium is reasonable and definitely much cheaper than early CI.

You need to specify these four things:
-Sum Assured (in multiple of $1k)
-Pre Benefit period (90 days, 60 days) <- the reason for this is some people manage to cure within these period of time. So the longer it is, the cheaper the premium.
-Term (till age 65, 75, etc). Obviously, the longer, the more expensive.
-Your job class (like class 1,2,3) <- class 1 is like office job without travelling. class 2 is like need to travel (ie. walk to meet clients), class 3 involves height.

So do prepare all these before you meet your GE agent.

I feel that the selling point about this PayAssure is that it covers you when you either cannot work due to accident or illness (like cancer). I took this as a substitute to early CI as the premiums is very high to me. The ideal situation is to have both early CI and PayAssure.

There are also other products such as AIA Premier Disability, Aviva SAF disability insurance and others. Try to take note of the definition of ADL and how many ADL you need to have before it can be considered as a disability. Then you decide.

eh btw, i'm not GE agent or what. Go and chase you own GE agent or call their hotline.

do you mind sharing the details of your plan? like how much is the premium and coverage amount?

Diagracefulee

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm interested in getting a disability income insurance. There are a few companies offering this kind of insurance (eg GE, Aviva, AIA).

I'm inclined towards getting GE Pay Assure as they will provide cover if the insured is unable to continue working in his/her current occupation (which i think is important to me). However, i'll like to seek others' advice before buying the insurance.

Anyone has any advice on which is the best plan? I'm looking for a plan which has more benefits and good coverage. The premium is not my top concern.

Thanks!

Oh I jz bgt from aviva. There having 35% discount till end of June. I choose the escalattion of 3% pa which ll increases my payout by 3% every year.

Somehow not much different between aviva and ge. But the discount of 35% helps to save a lot.

sputnikmoment

Reaction score
I'm about to start work and interested to know more about GE and AIA disability income insurance. Hoping I can get a quote from any GE/AIA agents here to find out what's the premiums like.

FP_IFA

Reaction score
For Aviva IdealIncome and AIA Premier disability, you can PM me for the quotes. I would need your gender, date of birth, occupation, cover term, and the monthly payout you need.

Do note that you cannot apply for a monthly payout that is more than 75% of your current monthly income. Also AIA Premier disability plan only has one cover term (age 65) whereas IdealIncome allows you to chose 55, 60 or 65.

dexboi

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi please quote Aviva IdealIncome after applying 35% discount. Thank you!!

DOB: ANB is 29
Term: 55yo
Payout: $3k/mth
Escalating Benefit: Pls quote for both Yes/No

FP_IFA

Reaction score
Hi please quote Aviva IdealIncome after applying 35% discount. Thank you!!

DOB: ANB is 29
Term: 55yo

After discount:
Without escalating, $218 per annum

With escalating, $242.20 per annum

FP_IFA

Reaction score
By the way, the escalation only kicks in after a successful claim. I have come across people who thought the escalation starts every year after they bought the plan.

Little Tomato

Reaction score
I'm about to start work and interested to know more about GE and AIA disability income insurance. Hoping I can get a quote from any GE/AIA agents here to find out what's the premiums like.

Hi,

I will be able to help you understand more on GE pay assure.
U may wish to PM me.

:) Beth

Little Tomato

Reaction score
Hi all,

Thanks!

Hi,

U may PM me for GE plan.

Rgds, Beth

valuesniper

Reaction score
Hi please quote Aviva IdealIncome

Male, Age: 34, Office worker, Non smoker
Coverage till 65 years old

Are the premiums level and guaranteed?

Disability insurance seems quite complicated.

Anyone mind sharing their knowledge : out of the 3 companies, AIA, Aviva and GE, which is the better/ more cost effective plan? thanks

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.