High risk of bankruptcy

OngHuatHuat

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
😩😩😩I think I won't go far in real life too. So how?

This is an attention seeking thread. Prob not much people in real life give a damn to him. Even his wife laughs at him. This character will not bring him far.

OngHuatHuat

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes, you are correct to say credit card interest rate is high.

ppl need help on the negative parts mah.... so they humbly come ask for advice. nothing wrong

credit card interest rate quite high ba

OngHuatHuat

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ern.... you are insulting a lot of people.

Seriously, why the F are people so hung up over these petty sh!t on the intertubes?

Who do people give a flying F if some random guy on the internet has X number of properties or whether he is going bankrupt? How does that affect the readers? Anyone who feels jealous or happy ought to get their head checked.

It reminds me of those SJWs on Tumblr. People have so much time on their hands that they have to post all kinds of crap and get engaged in petty disputes on the intertubes.

shareholder

Reaction score
I seriously afraid to lose my job also, have been selling too much shares. Not sure what to do if I lose my job as shareholder. Banks not giving good interests also. Although not going bankrupt like ts, but life is not so good in Singapore with high inflation, thinking of letting go.

OngHuatHuat

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Letting go of what?

I seriously afraid to lose my job also, have been selling too much shares. Not sure what to do if I lose my job as shareholder. Banks not giving good interests also. Although not going bankrupt like ts, but life is not so good in Singapore with high inflation, thinking of letting go.

OngHuatHuat

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Are you graduating soon?

TS, i also at risk of bankruptcy. jobs mkt damn bad...

I currently have no income and has an unsecured debt in tens of thousands too. Which stock should i punt now so i could repay my loan b4 bankrupt?

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

You dbs treasure and uob prefer client leh

At least $600,000 of assets

Last edited:

shareholder

Reaction score
Letting go of what?

Thinking of letting go of life here in Singapore. Every bank I sign up with, they always ask whether US citizen or not, so it seems US citizen is the better deal compared to SG. May quit job here and set up base in US, the share market there also much more vibrant. It seems that US favors the shareholders there and can squeeze more juice there than here.

OngHuatHuat

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dividend tax and income tax gao gao.

😒😒😒

Thinking of letting go of life here in Singapore. Every bank I sign up with, they always ask whether US citizen or not, so it seems US citizen is the better deal compared to SG. May quit job here and set up base in US, the share market there also much more vibrant. It seems that US favors the shareholders there and can squeeze more juice there than here.

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

They ask you whether u usa citizen is not bcos they want to see are you amdk or not? But if you are an us citizen, they have to declare your asset to USA government periodically lah which is very mafan for them la

BBCWatcher

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just curious, if one goes bankrupt, does it affect one's present job?
It's up to the employer, if the employer even finds out/cares to look. Almost all employment in Singapore is "at will." It's legal to terminate an employee in Singapore for almost any reason or for no reason at all.

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Currently I owe bank quite a huge amount of money,
personal loan with 33 more installment left, currently still owe 38 k sgd.
Various credit card debts around 150 k sgd.

Any suggestions for me to clear my unsecured debts? Is declaring bankruptcy only way for me to get out of this?

if you stay at HDB, those people cannot touch your HDB.
if you stay at private, you need to sell it when you declare bankrupt.
the interest is no joke and will snow ball since you owe so much money.
better declare bankrupt.

shareholder

Reaction score
You dbs treasure and uob prefer client leh

At least $600,000 of assets

In sg, no amount of wealth can make a person feel good. Some peers worth 5m or more also don't feel good, it can be stressful managing the wealth, worst are those taking over family wealth/business, they look good on the outside, but they seldom reveal the stress they feel within. In some other countries, the upbringing and mindset is very different and it is a much less materialistic world. Can buy a cheap lake house/country cottage, breathe fresh air and connect with neighbours having varied hobbies. Sg is getting worst over the past two decades like a pressure cooker, many people only concerned with making money, not much time to develop interests in other things. The property market traps many people into deep debts and false hopes. Many sacrifice creativity and lifestyle in order to sustain just a roof over their heads. However, sg do have a strong point, safe and good place to make money.

sg_investor

Reaction score
In cafe thread starter sells his condo will the proceedings go repay cpf board or creditors first? Assume he uses cpf to buy house.

Last edited:

Hot_Dog

Master Member
Reaction score
Ya US cannot siam tax one, jitao go prison. Also can back date your taxes if got new rules come out:s22:

OngHuatHuat

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes, you are correct about the interest part, I will need to work extremely hard for the next half a year to clear most of my debts before it starts snowballing.

if you stay at HDB, those people cannot touch your HDB.
if you stay at private, you need to sell it when you declare bankrupt.
the interest is no joke and will snow ball since you owe so much money.
better declare bankrupt.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.