How much is your F U money?

havetheveryfun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think when you have 1 kid, you are funnelling resources of 2 people into 1 person, so already that 1 kid will be better of than 2 of the previous generation. Imagine the whole world does this every couple has just one kid the world population becomes half in the next generation, surely they will be better off than us. Most people in the world are already having fewer children. Both China and India now don't want to have many kids and the developed world is also aging. So our next generation will be fine. Don't worry.

We decided to have 1 daughter and stop. I am pretty sure we will be able to provide her enough resources and education.

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 4 using GAGT

its still not a compromise, it boils down to individual preferences also

Dividends Warrior

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
not a compromise at all if u feel that ur future kids are going to suffer more than ur generation

Well said. My grandparents could afford a 5-room flat 5 decades ago with a low household income (my grandma didn't even need to work). But their grandchildren (current generation) struggle to even get a 3-room with a much higher salary. Inflation really is a 'silent monster'.:(

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Well said. My grandparents could afford a 5-room flat 5 decades ago with a low household income (my grandma didn't even need to work). But their grandchildren (current generation) struggle to even get a 3-room with a much higher salary. Inflation really is a 'silent monster'.:(

Not to forget their grandchildren has much more comittment eg PC notebook, top model handphone, and all kind of entertainment to spend what they earned.

revhappy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This is a generalization. I am not a Singaporean, but I have spoken to enough old people here especially taxi drivers, to know how Singapore was in the 60s. It wasn't very different from India or China with wide spread poverty. And on average all 3 countries are now better off than what they were 50 years back.

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 4 using GAGT

cubana

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
When you have enough money to makan whatever you want and travel where ever you love then its enough FU money.

That equates to about $500 a day, $182,500 a year for me, so I'll need about 2~3m depending on market performance.

for a single yes, if family then $5m will b comfortable

180k/3m = 6% yield. Which asset got so safe u dare put 3m inside at 6% yield?

shareholder

Reaction score
Kids are joy to watch. They provide future dividend

Very true, everyday see lots of drama when parents struggle to control their kids in hawker centres, coffee shops etc. The parents seemed frustrated, but it's a joy for us to watch the kids control the parents' mood with their tricks. Kids are good spenders and help shareholders huat ahh!

Dyhalt

Reaction score
for a single yes, if family then $5m will b comfortable

180k/3m = 6% yield. Which asset got so safe u dare put 3m inside at 6% yield?

My CAGR for 20 years of investing is about 12%, far more than the 6% mentioned.
Its a good mix of stocks, fix income, hard asset and cash which I've derived from personal experience.

Nothing really tricky here, just invest in what I know and excel at.

Last edited:

cubana

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My CAGR for 20 years of investing is about 12%, far more than the 6% mentioned.
Its a good mix of stocks, fix income, hard asset and cash which I've derived from personal experience.

Nothing really tricky here, just invest in what I know and excel at.

u mean u can consistently do 12% CAGR? then why don't borrow from ah long n gear up 100% n double your returns?

wats your secret? insider tips? Ponzi scheme? wayang?

shareholder

Reaction score
10m would be a tidy sum. After that can quit as shareholder and live a carefree life. Maybe travel around the world with a small bag pack, no need to read reports anymore, can sell off all the properties and just stay in hotels. The best life is a life with little possessions. Enjoy the moment. Relish the beauty of nature. Feel the essence of living.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.