HSBC Step Up Promo

Status
Not open for further replies.

drsubaru

Reaction score
drsubaru : discussed several pages earlier

new terms state must maintain funds for 6 months (previously just 3 mths)

Yes bro, I have gone thru the discussions.

But the clauses state not terminating an account, which to me means, not cancelling or closing the account...within 6 months...

180 consecutive calendar days of maintaining the funds is only if you want the welcome reward promotion.

If one heck care the welcome gifts, I think can still route the funds out after 3 months?

arctician

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
can take out the funds after 3 mths..think not worth holding funds for 6 mths just for krisflyer miles

on a side note, for the $300 referral anyone know if there is a 90day fulfillment clause? or referral reward will be awarded as long as acct is opened?

drsubaru

Reaction score
can take out the funds after 3 mths..think not worth holding funds for 6 mths just for krisflyer miles

on a side note, for the $300 referral anyone know if there is a 90day fulfillment clause? or referral reward will be awarded as long as acct is opened?

Clause 6 and 17

For a referrer to qualify for the Programme and the Referral Reward (as defined in Clause 12), the
referee who starts an HSBC Premier relationship via this Programme shall (a) meet the fund-by period
set out in Clause 3; and (b) maintain the HSBC Premier relationship (i.e. no termination of HSBC Premier
account) for at least six (6) months from the month of sign-up, failing which Clause 17 will apply.

HSBC reserves the right to deduct the equivalent Referral Reward value for each referral from the
referrer’s account in the event the referee terminates his/her HSBC Premier relationship within six
months from the date the account is opened as stipulated in Clause 6.

Both eligible referrers’ and referees’ accounts must have been maintained in good standing and
conducted in a proper and satisfactory manner as determined by HSBC in its discretion over the Programme Period and at the same time of fulfillment, in order for the eligible referrer to be eligible for
the relevant Reward.

I think the key word is 6 months of maintaining account.

Not 6 months of keeping funds in account.

But again at their discretion....

I supposed no harm trying to route out after 3 months, to see if still get referral fees

Do not that the referral fee cash credit only goes into our account BY the 6 months.

bluegt

Reaction score
Anyone else get their interest?

My RM says December interest will only be paid by end of Feb.

Squaredot

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi guys,
is this transaction a VISA debit transaction ? I am confused with the description.

ATM/CARD TRANSACTION
26JAN17 ELECTRO 17:01:50
SG119763SGD 40.00
ATM

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi guys,
is this transaction a VISA debit transaction ? I am confused with the description.

ATM/CARD TRANSACTION
26JAN17 ELECTRO 17:01:50
SG119763SGD 40.00
ATM

if there is a merchant description, then u r good. I have the same description

ATM withdrawals don't have merchant, that's what CSO says

aKaGiz

Reaction score
Transaction date

Can check if the spending is based on transaction date or posting date?

My transaction date is 25 Jan but posting data is 1 Feb. So does it count at Jan or Feb?

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can check if the spending is based on transaction date or posting date?

My transaction date is 25 Jan but posting data is 1 Feb. So does it count at Jan or Feb?

debit card spend for bonus interest purpose is by transaction date

jovialger

Reaction score
Just got the redemption voucher and checking out the Cathay pacific ticket redemption. Did anyone notice how much more expensive it is now, to go to the various locations? Seems like the amount to pay has more than doubled, even to HK itself!

beautyseek

Reaction score
Just got the redemption voucher and checking out the Cathay pacific ticket redemption. Did anyone notice how much more expensive it is now, to go to the various locations? Seems like the amount to pay has more than doubled, even to HK itself!

Feel a bit cheated. I just received too and just checked. Only a few dates during school holidays and midnight red eye return flights for those very few dates! The top up for other countries also ex, not worth. Furthermore, i am travelling with kids and usually cathay allows discounts for child fare. This promo got to top up full-even for child. Now dunno what to do with these vouchers. Not attractive at all

Last edited:

jovialger

Reaction score
Feel a bit cheated. I just received too and just checked. Only a few dates during school holidays and midnight red eye return flights for those very few dates! The top up for other countries also ex, not worth. Furthermore, i am travelling with kids and usually cathay allows discounts for child fare. This promo got to top up full-even for child. Now dunno what to do with these vouchers. Not attractive at all

it will cost more than just going to the website and booking direct! Need to feedback to the HSBC RM that the bumped up fee is unreasonable! even to HK (the base fare!)

Squaredot

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Havent rec my redemption letter.
Are the dates limited for this promotion? Price ans availability are different from public website?
If so, that is bad :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.