HSBC Step Up Promo

Status
Not open for further replies.

highsulphur

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can we still maintain the premier account with zero balance on month 4 to 6? When we deposit fresh fund into the same account (zero balance) for a new promotion period, will the bank deduct fall below charges on this fresh fund? Thanks

I could be wrong but I doubt they backdate the fall below fee once they try to deduct it once a month. apparently it's around 3-6th of the month

arctician

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ha ha I'm on lunch duty and just surfing the web. we can take turns!

haha dont you think its getting competitive, with oceanmania and squaredot competing for the ever smaller pie :s13:

its fine i will stay out of the competition, cant take the stress

cazfaith

Reaction score
How do we know if the referral went thru? The RM wrote my referrer's name/IC and account no on my application form. I didnt have to sign anything. will they email my referrer to inform her?

fake81

Reaction score
Thanks for those who PM me! Oceanicmanta is the first one to PM me.

Oceanicmanta, can you PM me your contact? I can't PM you as I have too little post..... thanks!

arctician

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
for those who pulled out the funds and recv interest, rem to withdraw before 5th. Otherwise $50 gone.

jovialger

Reaction score
for those who pulled out the funds and recv interest, rem to withdraw before 5th. Otherwise $50 gone.

It won't have fall below charged now cos last month everyone met the criteria. It's next month then need to take out bonus interest asap.

tmkedmw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It won't have fall below charged now cos last month everyone met the criteria. It's next month then need to take out bonus interest asap.

There had been many previous cycles with different joining months. Some would have zero balance and just got interest credited from whatever earlier months.

Last edited:

tmkedmw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This is probably the fastest ever, on the 2nd day after Jul month end.
Don't have too high expectations for future months hor, could be National day special. =:p
Anyway, no complaints.

Do take note that some may not rec'd theirs so early. Don't really know why and my guesstimate is batch-related.

anyone received a "Credit Bonus Interest Promotion" credited on 2 Aug ?

seems like this is the Jul's StepUp Bonus 1.55% ... whoppee

that's good news if HSBC reverting to paying out bonus interest early. Past 2 months, I have PM them to feedback that bonus is getting later and later

Received July step up bonus interest yesterday...what a pleasant surprise!

S1mpleGuy

Master Member
Reaction score
for new premier account, does it mean i have to put more than 200k? the max fast limit is 50k or 100k so i have to split a few days and will result in my adb less than 200k and slapped with fall below fee?

tmkedmw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
for new premier account, does it mean i have to put more than 200k? the max fast limit is 50k or 100k so i have to split a few days and will result in my adb less than 200k and slapped with fall below fee?

A new account normally will not incur a fall below fee as u built it up to $200k, especially when u show that max daily xfer from other banks is constrained to $100k/day.

As you are new to premier, you have to visit a bank branch, might as well present a cheque for $200k at one go. If no checking acct, can get a cashiers order. In that way, u enjoy the 1.55% interest on the full $200k faster.

Edit: forgotten to mention that being a new account, u need to maintain $200k for 90 calendar days to qualify for the awards/gifts. Starting acct with a full $200k is the recommended way to go.

Last edited:

edens_guards

Reaction score
I did not receive "Credit Bonus Interest Promotion" on 2 Aug. Hmm..

My promo is May Jun Jul. Emptied out on Aug 2nd. Got the "STEP UP BONUS INTEREST FOR 05/2017 on 24 Jul. Am i missing something?

tmkedmw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I did not receive "Credit Bonus Interest Promotion" on 2 Aug. Hmm..

My promo is May Jun Jul. Emptied out on Aug 2nd. Got the "STEP UP BONUS INTEREST FOR 05/2017 on 24 Jul. Am i missing something?

Some lucky ones got it early, some don't.
Don't know what's the criteria though, so just focus on verifying that they credit bonus interest as per their tncs (as late as end of 2nd mth).

Your step up for May 2017 rec'd on 24 Jul is normal (ie the 3rd week of the 2nd mth)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.