www.hardwarezone.com.sg


www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Money Mind (http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/money-mind-210/)
-   -   HSBC Step Up Promo (http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/money-mind-210/hsbc-step-up-promo-5474210.html)

oceanicmanta 03-10-2016 01:53 PM

HSBC Step Up Promo
 
think appropriate to start new thread ... suspect it's gonna be a continuing promo from HSBC

to start ... anyone received Sep's 1.8% yet :)


NEW CLIENT T&C https://www.hsbc.com.sg/1/PA_ES_Cont...p_Oct_2016.pdf

Existing Premier T&C
https://www.hsbc.com.sg/1/PA_ES_Cont...t_Oct_2016.pdf

Existing Premier sign-up https://www.apps.asiapacific.hsbc.co...c-msv-campaign

from this site https://www.hsbc.com.sg/1/2/premier

kitkat2 03-10-2016 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oceanicmanta (Post 103965528)
think appropriate to start new thread ... suspect it's gonna be a continuing promo from HSBC

to start ... anyone received Sep's 1.8% yet :)

suspect? i thought someone already posted the signup forms for the new promo starting october? :)

waiting for the electronic signup. hsbc still hasnt updated their website :(

oceanicmanta 04-10-2016 01:20 PM

1.8% bonus interest (for new accounts) is in

continuing as in after current promo ends, they will roll out another round ... like eSaver

wintersonata1234 04-10-2016 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oceanicmanta (Post 103984585)
1.8% bonus interest (for new accounts) is in

continuing as in 3mths later, will roll out another round ... like eSaver

Any idea if they give referral fee ?

kitkat2 04-10-2016 11:21 PM

e-form is updated for october. it's time to sign-up online.

https://www.apps.asiapacific.hsbc.co...c-msv-campaign

cybercom8 05-10-2016 09:13 AM

a little confusing with so many promos...

does this work the same as scb esaver? if yes, what is the maximum deposit amount entitled to the bonus interest?

and the final noob question...what is the bonus interest rate? :s13:

kitkat2 05-10-2016 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cybercom8 (Post 104000210)
a little confusing with so many promos...

does this work the same as scb esaver? if yes, what is the maximum deposit amount entitled to the bonus interest?

and the final noob question...what is the bonus interest rate? :s13:

see http://www.hsbc.com.sg/1/PA_ES_Conte...rest-Oct16.pdf

bluegt 05-10-2016 11:41 AM

So Advance customer can get 2.2%? Seems better than eSaver at 1.6%. Except HSBC is only on the top-up amt...

Trazora 05-10-2016 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluegt (Post 104003270)
So Advance customer can get 2.2%? Seems better than eSaver at 1.6%. Except HSBC is only on the top-up amt...

ESaver also only on fresh funds

oceanicmanta 05-10-2016 12:57 PM

Min amount for new Premier = 200k
First 100k gets 2.25% (1.55% + 0.7% with $500 debit card spend)
Remaining up to 1.1m gets 1.55%
Base interest is tiered ... around 0.06% pa depending on amount placed

Effective interest for 200k is about 1.96%

The higher the amount placed, the lower the EIR.

Current referral rewards & Welcome Rewards are 2 CX Econ tics to HK (tax not included). Some periods change to RWS hotel stay. Need to hold 200k for 90 days.

New clients auto included in above promo. Existing clients must register.

All the above subject to other T&C's.

vince123123 05-10-2016 01:00 PM

I wonder whether we need to do "in and out" of Advance like eSaver. Or maybe 1 period Advance another period eSaver (since it is uncertain if you can have 2 Advance account)

cybercom8 05-10-2016 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oceanicmanta (Post 104004820)
Min amount for new Premier = 200k
First 100k gets 2.25% (1.55% + 0.7% with $500 debit card spend)
Remaining up to 1.1m gets 1.55%
Base interest is tiered ... around 0.06% pa depending on amount placed

Effective interest for 200k is about 1.96%

The higher the amount placed, the lower the EIR.

Current referral rewards & Welcome Rewards are 2 CX Econ tics to HK (tax not included). Some periods change to RWS hotel stay. Need to hold 200k for 90 days.

New clients auto included in above promo. Existing clients must register.

All the above subject to other T&C's.

thanks for the nice summary...decided to stick with scb for now as seems like a lot of work, especially have to track spending on debit card for 3 months for the incremental interest...if hsbc had maintained the bonus interest at 1.8% instead of 1.55%, then will be a better incentive to do all the legwork haha

oceanicmanta 05-10-2016 02:14 PM

agree eSaver is a much simpler product & more flexible

previous rate was attractive, this one only so so

i also just go where it makes most sense

vince123123 05-10-2016 02:49 PM

Actually at 1.55% you don't need to do any monitoring of debit card spending. If you want to put in the additional effort, you get 2.25% and not 1.55%.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cybercom8 (Post 104005002)
thanks for the nice summary...decided to stick with scb for now as seems like a lot of work, especially have to track spending on debit card for 3 months for the incremental interest...if hsbc had maintained the bonus interest at 1.8% instead of 1.55%, then will be a better incentive to do all the legwork haha


compro_1975 05-10-2016 03:25 PM

So is this a good to take or go?


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 09:15 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © SPH Magazines Pte Ltd. All rights reserved.