Lastest S$ Deposit updates - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mosmos

High Honorary Member
Reaction score

dragon_fly

Reaction score
PIDM , Malaysia's equivalent of our Spore deposit insurance corporation (SDIC) had just announced today in the STAR paper , the raising of Msian banks deposit guarantee to RM 250,000 ....same as United States :s12:
Wonder why MAS is dragging their feet just to raise the current miserable $20 K to $50 K , huh ....:s7:

Cashcow

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips mosmos and genie, I guess I will just withdraw whatever I can from the FPP a/c and transfer to my iSavvy a/c for better interest rates.

What's the point?

Not as if you will gain a lot by transferring to another saving acct. It's still pathetic low interest rate.

linusz

Master Member
Reaction score
eh happy new year all.

btw, anyone knows where to put japanese yen in?
its still 0% i/r rate.

rethaFrey

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi, any good recommendations for accounts that has an ATM cards? not DBS/POSB as their rates is only 0.1%. looking to use it for around 1 1/2 years? so far, maybank iSAVvy Savings Account or CIMB StarSaver Account seems to be ok. Is there anything I should know about these 2 accounts or are there other accounts similar to these 2?

Last edited:

genie47

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Starsaver FTW if you are looking for an account with a checkbook. iSavvy don't have checkbook.

Both are not part of the NETs system so it is accessible and yet not so accessible. The whole idea is to have this as your cash allocation AKA high yield savings account. It is for emergency and also to store power for berzerker mode attack on the stock market. :D

rethaFrey

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Starsaver FTW if you are looking for an account with a checkbook. iSavvy don't have checkbook.

Both are not part of the NETs system so it is accessible and yet not so accessible. The whole idea is to have this as your cash allocation AKA high yield savings account. It is for emergency and also to store power for berzerker mode attack on the stock market. :D
ahaha im not looking for berzeker mode but thanks for informing me about the no NETS.
so their card is basically a debit card only?

mosmos

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
ahaha im not looking for berzeker mode but thanks for informing me about the no NETS.
so their card is basically a debit card only?

no debit also, just for withdrawing money at their branch outside atm~ :s22:

well if you want NETS, you only got a few choices, no big interest rate for their savings account, other than Fairprice Plus savings~ :(

rethaFrey

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

well if you want NETS, you only got a few choices, no big interest rate for their savings account, other than Fairprice Plus savings~ :(
oh is it? hmm. then for lets say 10k amount, is esaver good too? and their machines, can transfer to POSB accounts via inter bank transfers?

Last edited:

mosmos

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
oh is it? hmm. then for lets say 10k amount, is esaver good too? and their machines, can transfer to POSB accounts via inter bank transfers?

esavers no atm card, you need to apply 1 more other account to link esavers to the atm card~ :o

for sgd10k, FPP has a high interest rate of 0.2%pa, FPP got the added advantage of free link card where you can earn linkpoints~ :o

Last edited:

kitten_sg

Reaction score

hi mosmos,
can access maybank account at all the atm5 network atms
http://info.maybank2u.com.sg/personal/customer-service/branch_detail.aspx

can pay using atm card at all these outlets (not as many as NETS)
Giant, Shop N Save, Cold Storage (including all Market Place), Guardian, selected 7-Eleven outlets, Singapore Post (selected bill payments; subject to a minimum payment of S$2.00), Courts, Best Denki, Premier Taxis, and Spinelli
http://info.maybank2u.com.sg/personal/deposits-banking/payments-remittances/payments/epins.aspx

:)

genie47

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi mosmos,

Giant, Shop N Save, Cold Storage (including all Market Place), Guardian, selected 7-Eleven outlets, Singapore Post (selected bill payments; subject to a minimum payment of S$2.00), Courts, Best Denki, Premier Taxis, and Spinelli
http://info.maybank2u.com.sg/personal/deposits-banking/payments-remittances/payments/epins.aspx

The "NETS" for Maybank is EPINS must gam siah Korvac Holdings to compete with 3 Billy Goats Gruff Banks of Singapore or the poor QFBs don't have "NETS".

So far only Citi and Maybank using their services. I educated an auntie to use it in a ShopNSave.

mosmos

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
hi mosmos,

I am taking about CIMB atm card, I don't remember CIMB atm card got the e-pins service~ :s22:

For isavvy savings account, I guess he may lose the 0.25%pa interest rate if avg balance below sgd5k~ :o

Last edited:

rethaFrey

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am taking about CIMB atm card, I don't remember CIMB atm card got the e-pins service~ :s22:

For isavvy savings account, I guess he may lose the 0.25%pa interest rate if avg balance below sgd5k~ :o
hahaha hopefully wont bah cos i using it as joint account with my future wife.

PeanutButtor

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I plan to do FD on other bank since me letting the money rotting in posb for very long time, if i want do a money transfer let say >$10k, is there any method that will impose lower or no fee for it?

Thx.:)

FIREBOWS

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I plan to do FD on other bank since me letting the money rotting in posb for very long time, if i want do a money transfer let say >$10k, is there any method that will impose lower or no fee for it?

Thx.:)

Withdraw the money in Cashier Order under your name, FOC :)

henrylbh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
e$aver is offering bonus interest rate of 0.50% pa on incremental amount over previous month's amount.

They wrote to say I am exclusively selected to enjoy the promotion. Does it mean, it is not offered to all e$aver account holders?

actman

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
e$aver is offering bonus interest rate of 0.50% pa on incremental amount over previous month's amount.

They wrote to say I am exclusively selected to enjoy the promotion. Does it mean, it is not offered to all e$aver account holders?

I've received it too...
Think is jus another "promo" tactics from scb ..

PeanutButtor

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Withdraw the money in Cashier Order under your name, FOC :)
thx:D

i have another doubt. i read inflation can affect FD so is not full risk free also? since the rates have been plunging over the yr, is there big impact to earn from the maturity sum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.