Local bank account closure

Ayl999

Reaction score
Hi, anyone had their local bank account closed for no reasons given? And it seemslike the local banks are banning my friend to open account. The weird thing is there's no outstanding debts, credit card, or not a bankruptcy. What else can be the reasons! We are curious to know and resolve. Who can live without a bank account!

havetheveryfun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, anyone had their local bank account closed for no reasons given? And it seemslike the local banks are banning my friend to open account. The weird thing is there's no outstanding debts, credit card, or not a bankruptcy. What else can be the reasons! We are curious to know and resolve. Who can live without a bank account!

confirm got reasons.

there are so many local banks in Singapore, if one doesn't want your biz, just go to another one. If all of them close ur fren's account, then confirm got some reasons hes hiding.

limster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
TS create account just to post this for his 'friend'. Cool story bro'. :s13:

dewirox

Reaction score
i have same problem

4 months ago DBS close my account

now is uob

damn , i no more account

need to open new one with other bank

dewirox

Reaction score
U know the reason loh.

i got do illegal thing before , but that was last time and i already served my sentence , and my bank also no problem , never frozen

now i got do some online business , sometime got few k come in
then my friend also got do , his bank also never close

only mine close

so i think very wierd

and my bank always $0 balance from the day i open , 16 years ago

never close/froze until now

if bank with $0 so easy to close , how about those super rich people like bookie or kong hee?

why close a $0 account?

Last edited:

wira

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hmm ...i think accounts that have $0 for extended periods of time will be auto closed by banks here.

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i got do illegal thing before , but that was last time and i already served my sentence , and my bank also no problem , never frozen

now i got do some online business , sometime got few k come in
then my friend also got do , his bank also never close

only mine close

so i think very wierd

and my bank always $0 balance from the day i open , 16 years ago

never close/froze until now

if bank with $0 so easy to close , how about those super rich people like bookie or kong hee?

why close a $0 account?
if account suddenly closed by a bank, and all other banks also reject your request to open your account. its most likely that instructions given by CID for banks to tagged your status with an indicator of convicted unlicensed money lending relates offences.

if the above is true, you will need to contact back your IO who handled your case previously to obtain approval for you to open a bank account. if your request is approved, your IO will give you a approval letter for the bank to open an account for you.

with that approval letter, you would only be able to open one account with one bank in SG. and you will not be given any iBanking access as well as ATM card. all cash withdrawal would have to be done by yourself in person during banking hours over the branch counter.

if your circumstances is true to what I've mentioned above, then you may want to reach out to the point of contact I've mentioned. otherwise, you may wish to share more regarding your case if your comfortable to do so, else it would difficult for anyone to advise you further.

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

Last edited:

Hojicha

Reaction score
How frequent are your crypto buy and sell transactions? And what volume?
You might be better off trying foreign bank

assiak71

Master Member
Reaction score
All banks will close you... didn't know they are sensitive to crypto transactions...

You went direct? If go through xfers/transferwise etc should be fine?

Interested to know what bank for your case. Can only guess D**

havetheveryfun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
All banks will close you... didn't know they are sensitive to crypto transactions...

Very sad if that's the case

But if u notice all the major local exchanges like hako or xfers, they always ask not to put crypto related words in the comment section... Not sure how they manage to not get banned after so long

havetheveryfun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Singapore govt is pro crypto from what I understand but MAS and the Banks are not, I just told the bank truthfully that i buy and sell crypto and got closed.. what I am doing I believe is not illegal, but in the eyes of the bank it is risky. Just a few hundred K...

U transact few hundred k per transaction?

assiak71

Master Member
Reaction score
Those whose acc closed, how many years later will you try to open at the same bank again?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.