MayBank SaveUp Programme

Shahmatt

Reaction score
Can I giro pay the maybank platinum credit card? Which is $500spending. In other words, one stone hit two criteria. 1) $500 credit card spend 2) $300 giro outwards

Trazora is right.

Outward GIRO ("Services")

• Minimum total transaction amount of S$300 per month. For payment to other Billing Organizations, payment to Maybank is excluded

http://info.maybank2u.com.sg/saveup/

primates81

Reaction score
Can change billing cycle?

Dear all, as the rebates for the VISA Platinum card is tracked from the 1st of the month and the credit card billing cycle tend to be in the middle of the month, did anyone of you tried to call in to change your billing cycle to 1st of the month? Easier to track spending for both card rebate and credit card bonus for Saveup account at the same time since the bonus is tracked based on calendar month.

I managed to do that for my UOB One credit card but not for Maybank. Just wanted to check if anyone tried calling Maybank and managed to do so as CSOs are known to give differing replies.

Thank you.

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dear all, as the rebates for the VISA Platinum card is tracked from the 1st of the month and the credit card billing cycle tend to be in the middle of the month, did anyone of you tried to call in to change your billing cycle to 1st of the month? Easier to track spending for both card rebate and credit card bonus for Saveup account at the same time since the bonus is tracked based on calendar month.

I managed to do that for my UOB One credit card but not for Maybank. Just wanted to check if anyone tried calling Maybank and managed to do so as CSOs are known to give differing replies.

Thank you.

Both card rebate and bonus interest are based on spending in calendar month. No need change statement date.

chopra

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
RES3SGSl.png

How does the base work. Must save 50000.01 to get max base?

chopra

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
((3,000×0.1875)+(47,000
×0.25))÷50,000 = 0.24625% leh.

Not 0.25%

Can giro to other cc qualify?

wealth_farmer

Reaction score
Hi can anyone advise on how you find the internet banking user experience for Maybank, as compared to OCBC? Also which interface is better, Maybank or BOC?

Shahmatt

Reaction score
Hi can anyone advise on how you find the internet banking user experience for Maybank, as compared to OCBC? Also which interface is better, Maybank or BOC?

I have not tried it yet.

Received all the pin etc. but never log in. Today will do so and see.

Sort of lose interest because my student loan GIRO rules are that must pay from my DBS a/c. Not sure if I can achieve $300 bill spend on MB to qialify.

But after today's OCBC news, I think I will check again.

vince123123

Reaction score
I feel Maybank is better than BOC but OCBC is far better than either of them. Too bad OCBC scored own goal by revising its interest rates. How good interface also no use.

Shawny88

Master Member
Reaction score
Maybank saveup vs BOC saver

Which is better if you can hit the salary credit, cc spending and min bill/giro payment?

VacheronLim

Reaction score
Maybank saveup vs BOC saver

Which is better if you can hit the salary credit, cc spending and min bill/giro payment?

if you managed to clear the 3 criterias, then Maybankrates will be higher, BOC boast higher rates if you spend at least $1500 on their cc

Don't forget the cc rebates as well

chopra

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Congratulations on your successful application for the Maybank SaveUp Account! Please use xxxxx as password to unlock the document attachment in our email on 01 Mar 2017, and follow the steps to activate your account. If you did not apply for this account, please call 1800-6292265 or +65 6533 5229 (overseas) immediately.

gnooliew

Reaction score
if you managed to clear the 3 criterias, then Maybankrates will be higher, BOC boast higher rates if you spend at least $1500 on their cc

Don't forget the cc rebates as well

Boc cc rebate generally higher than 3.33%. Counting the rebate in probably these 2 more or less similar depending on spending habit

hogrider88

Reaction score
I feel Maybank is better than BOC but OCBC is far better than either of them. Too bad OCBC scored own goal by revising its interest rates. How good interface also no use.

ppl will always stuck with ocbc's 1.2% salary credit.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.