Medishield Comparison. Find out which is the cheapest

blurpandasg2014

Reaction score
I have aviva under moratarium caus i had TB 2 years back although fully cured now.. Even got treatment completion cert by TTSH

Is it okay for me to approach other companies while disclosing that i had TB before to see if they willing to accept me? If they offer me with exclusions, i can reject n stay with Aviva without any repercussions right?

Yes u can approach other companies to try.

From personal experience, my brother had exclusion for adhesion after he had operation at TTSH in 2008. His plan was under GE, which my father had signed up for him in 2009.

He did not have any complications and have fully recovered. However, the GE agent did not even follow up and try to appeal for GE to remove the exclusion. I asked my agent to help my brother apply for NTUC plan with a letter from TTSH stating that he is healthy and well. The plan got incepted with full underwriting :D

blurpandasg2014

Reaction score
But the medishield life component should be the same across all companies right? That should not create any differences in terms of ranking of pricing. Aviva and AXA General Care rider have pretty close sum of premiums from 21-75 years old (only a few K difference)

The pricing that u quoted for prudential is inclusive of the Medishield Life Premiums. U should manually subtract the cost of medishield life main plan from the value.

Aviva is the most expensive currently. I have uploaded my excel on the first post :)

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Stickied. Let me know if need any changes.
Thank for the effort.

hhhnnn

Reaction score
The pricing that u quoted for prudential is inclusive of the Medishield Life Premiums. U should manually subtract the cost of medishield life main plan from the value.

Aviva is the most expensive currently. I have uploaded my excel on the first post :)

You're right. I should exclude Medishield premiums from my Prudential numbers. Thanks.

Cheers=:p

The_Davis

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Aia plan health shield max a is it the most expensive plan?

bigmice

Reaction score
195310qzeei847gip500e6.jpg

chuanz

Master Member
Reaction score
if don't get IP, not possible for just rider?

U ever get McD upsize without getting the meal?

As the name suggest, it rides on the main policy.

Some may sell a similar policy/plan as the rider on its own, but different premium of course.

Last edited:

Soul77

Reaction score
I think it is because of the economic of scale.

NTUC has the most policy holders while Aviva has the least. Also Aviva has free policy for child, so the premium indirectly cross-paying all the children covered under the plan.

Panerex

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am on AIA which is not the most expensive, late 30s.

Hope it stays that way

marvel.avengers.ultron

Reaction score
Standard Integrated Shield Plan

Hi folks,

Can anyone do a analysis on the Standard Integrated Shield plan for AIA, Aviva,Great Eastern Life,Prudential,NTUC Income & AXA to find which one is most valued-for money?

Thanks

ryuunix

Reaction score
Hi folks,

Can anyone do a analysis on the Standard Integrated Shield plan for AIA, Aviva,Great Eastern Life,Prudential,NTUC Income & AXA to find which one is most valued-for money?

Thanks

hi, to be honest, the rates are pretty low already and NTUC Income can easily beat most of other companies. But note that some companies like Aviva have already increase their premiums and others are going to follow suit soon.

But I wouldnt advice you to get a standard plan, as there are alot of things that you cant access to. You cant even get a free checkup, risk yourself turn down for hospital stay if your issue is not "serious enough", or long waiting time in restructured hospital. H&S is really the most basic and impt plan that everyone in sg should have. But if you are really restricted by budget, then I have nth much to comment.

sesame246

Reaction score
I am confused over the various schemes. just received a letter from NTUC income - appllication to convert from Incomeshield plan to Incomeshield standard plan.

i compared the benefits of both, standard plan has higher coverage but there are also areas with no or lower coverage. eg. not covered - pre and post -hospitalisation treatment, immunotherapy for cancer etc. Lower coverage - prosthesis benefit, congenital abnormalities etc..

anyone can advise? Tks.

Rainbowdreams

Reaction score
Hi all actually to be honest most shield plans are around the same. I would say just stick to what you have. Premiums are subjected to increase. Most insurers have increased their premium or will do so. No point hopping from one to another cos there is waiting period for certain thgs like liver transplant. Aviva is most ex cos it's coverage is also the highest at 650k and it also include certain thgs like ambulance benefit which is 200 i think. Then AIA covers certain pregnancy complications. But other than that i would say most impt is just smone who can service you well. After all this is one policy that has one of the highest claim rate.

jackieatbtu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anybody on Prudential shield plans? I am thinking of adding the riders. But may only get the lite version where covers 50% annual deductible and the full 10% co insurance. Should be more economical?

TigerzBeer

Reaction score
This thread is good as I just stumbled it. Was looking for a intregrated and rider plan and have yet to decide...

Just a question if anyone can help to answer. Why buy in such early age when one can less prone to hospitalization? Might as well buy a bit later and save up in the Medisave. Once the Medisave limit was hit, the excess will be transfer to Special account.:s11:

Soul77

Reaction score
This thread is good as I just stumbled it. Was looking for a intregrated and rider plan and have yet to decide...

Just a question if anyone can help to answer. Why buy in such early age when one can less prone to hospitalization? Might as well buy a bit later and save up in the Medisave. Once the Medisave limit was hit, the excess will be transfer to Special account.:s11:

When you buy young, you have less (or none) pre-existing medical conditions which will be excluded by the insurer. And the status will remain even until you're in your 60s, 70s. If you buy later ie: in your late 30s or 40s, then you'll be likely developing some pre-existing (whether you know it or not), which will be excluded by insurer. Ticking no in all the questions doesn't mean you're covered for everything. The insurance company are expert in digging your medical history and you'll be getting a shock when your claim is denied due to pre-existing medical conditions.

Also, when you're young, if for any reason you need to be hospitalized for some terrible illness (ie: cancer) I believe you will want to be getting the best treatment possible. Hence the need for good integrated plan.

Buying insurance is as per the meaning of the word. Prepare for the worst but hope for the best.

TigerzBeer

Reaction score
Also, when you're young, if for any reason you need to be hospitalized for some terrible illness (ie: cancer) I believe you will want to be getting the best treatment possible. Hence the need for good integrated plan.

Buying insurance is as per the meaning of the word. Prepare for the worst but hope for the best.

Agreed with you that insurance as per meaning of the word.

But till age 45 would be a good age to then buy isn't it? One can see the premium are lower and after 45 then there is a "spike" in the premium, no?

I do have friends who bought in their 20s till now in late 30s or early 40s. All these years of premium paid just paid for nothing and you cannot claim any back like the saving insurance etc...
Of course they argue that insurance as way to insure and $$$ is can be earn back in the healthy prime years....

When you buy young, you have less (or none) pre-existing medical conditions which will be excluded by the insurer. And the status will remain even until you're in your 60s, 70s. If you buy later ie: in your late 30s or 40s, then you'll be likely developing some pre-existing (whether you know it or not), which will be excluded by insurer. Ticking no in all the questions doesn't mean you're covered for everything. The insurance company are expert in digging your medical history and you'll be getting a shock when your claim is denied due to pre-existing medical conditions.

An agent just told me that at 35-early 40s can straight admit into these policies without any health checks needed. So you mean there are still some "blind" points that I have missed out?:s11:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.