HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Medishield Comparison. Find out which is the cheapest

Like Tree160Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2018, 03:22 PM   #691

May i know if i purchase IP as a foreigner and paid for Medishield premium, say at 1st Feb 2018, and my PR got approved on 1st March 2018, do i need to pay premium to Medishield again?
No clue about the the technical details here, but say u have to double pay (to make CPFB's job easier), you will be refunded the excess again.
Old 13-02-2018, 01:23 PM   #692
Master Member

Hi guys,

Need some input. I am in my late 30s and BMI 31.7. Only have Medishield Life.

I suffered from severe sleep apnea, diagnosed in 2016 June. I was advised to be put on CPAP machine for sleeping, reduce weight. No ops recommended.

In 2008, I felt slight numbness on my right foot, did x ray and they see slight compression of my lower back spine. But currently I do not have any numbness, no previous treatment except for some dose of vitamins from doctor. Last medical consultation was in 2008.

In 2017, I was rejected by Income for the Integrated Private shield.

Questions are:

1. Aviva will definitely exclude my Sleep Apnea under moratorium underwriting since I am using CPAP machine?
2. Would my spine history be excluded under aviva?
3. Would Aviva likely to reject my application due to my weight?
4. How about other issuers with the exception of Income?
LonelyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2018, 05:44 PM   #693

Hi guys,

Need some input. I am in my late 30s and BMI 31.7. Only have Medishield Life.

I suffered from severe sleep apnea, diagnosed in 2016 June. I was advised to be put on CPAP machine for sleeping, reduce weight. No ops recommended.

In 2008, I felt slight numbness on my right foot, did x ray and they see slight compression of my lower back spine. But currently I do not have any numbness, no previous treatment except for some dose of vitamins from doctor. Last medical consultation was in 2008.

Questions are:

1. Aviva will definitely exclude my Sleep Apnea under moratorium underwriting since I am using CPAP machine?
2. Would my spine history be excluded under aviva?
3. Would Aviva likely to reject my application due to my weight?
4. How about other issuers with the exception of Income?
U can no longer apply for Moratorium once you had history of sub-standard underwriting results.

For exact underwriting results, please do up the proper application(s) and submit to the respective insurers for their evaluation. None of us here (most likely) is going to be the one decide how your case shall be accepted, or otherwise.
Old 13-02-2018, 05:54 PM   #694

https://www.ifa.sg/question-on-being...-underwriting/

Did you apply to Income yourself? Or Agent help you to apply? If the later, then you should probably complain.
Bigoya likes this.
Soul77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2018, 06:17 PM   #695
Master Member

May i know if i purchase IP as a foreigner and paid for Medishield premium, say at 1st Feb 2018, and my PR got approved on 1st March 2018, do i need to pay premium to Medishield again?
First of all, foreigners are not covered under MediShield Life. So you're not paying a MediShield Life premium at all, and there's no MediShield Life premium to refund.

You are paying an Integrated Shield premium, as a foreigner, at the foreigner rate. That's purely a private insurance contract. What would happen in a PR conversion is that you'd report that conversion to your Integrated Shield carrier (as the policy obliges you to do, actually), your pro-rated foreigner premium (for the balance of your annual plan) would be refunded, and the carrier would charge you your first year Integrated Shield premium (inclusive of the MediShield Life premium) at the PR rate, and deducted from your (new) CPF Medisave Account. You would be responsible for getting some funds into your Medisave Account to handle that premium, or hypothetically somebody else (another CPF member) could assume premium payment for you, from their MA.

That's assuming you don't want to make any plan changes in terms of the level of coverage. You could also hypothetically downgrade if a lower level Integrated Shield plan is available. Or, hypothetically, you could choose to be covered under only MediShield Life, although I don't recommend that (especially for PRs).
BBCWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.