Money Saving Techniques

wutawa

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
tpg seniors plan $5 is a good deal if your mobile plan cost more.

https://www.tpgmobile.sg/sites/tpgm...3062021_FINAL_Free Basic Data_Free Mobile.pdf
30% discount if u have enough shopee coins. (btw, i dont get any tpg or shopee comms 😛)
Screenshot-20210701-220721.jpg

a4973

Master Member
Reaction score

Aaron_soh80

Banned
Reaction score
Hi friends

We have been talking about MMM (making more money) in this forum, why don't we also look at the other part of the equation, how to save money?

Let me start the ball rolling:

1) Take public transport (including occasional taxis)
- I have never owned a car in my entire working life
- Not because I cannot afford, but I don't want to be a slave to the bank and to gahmen's ERP/taxes/insurance/parking/fines/etc.

2) ...

Over to esteemed forummers ;-)
Dun get gf , dun get married, dun get babies,dun buy house, dun order grab car, food, dun use iphone, dun take public transport, use bicycle, dun see pte clinic, dun smoke or drink, dun on air con, TV at home..use only hp to play, dun buy ps 5, dun buy any new clothes, shoes...etc..

maumu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I would still recommend putting into CPF if you already have an emergency vault somewhere else.

if one don't have any savings of course it doesn't make sense to put into CPF to be locked up until 55yo.

the aim of the video is simply to persuade people to invest or put into investment-linked products like syfe+. but investment carries risk - completely not mentioned in the video at all.

its not a balanced video.

true!
Agree FUlly!!! many been rfusing to use OA @ 1 go to Pay up your housing....

BernardWYF

Banned
Reaction score
Save money is important, but living a LIFE is more more important.

Time pass cannot return, grow old cannot relive young time.

If make life so difficult and not enjoyable, then go be superman and jump down to try chance to recarnate again as wealthy people's only son.

Okenba

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Save money is important, but living a LIFE is more more important.

Time pass cannot return, grow old cannot relive young time.

If make life so difficult and not enjoyable, then go be superman and jump down to try chance to recarnate again as wealthy people's only son.
It's not an either or choice. Everyone should be planning to do both.

Putting all your money to living an posh life now without thinking about the life the future you has to live is just a recipe for trouble. Not only for yourself, but for your family as well.

BernardWYF

Banned
Reaction score
It's not an either or choice. Everyone should be planning to do both.

Putting all your money to living an posh life now without thinking about the life the future you has to live is just a recipe for trouble. Not only for yourself, but for your family as well.

Living is not limited to the 2 extremes - posh life or pauper life.

Main advice is to live and be happy - we only live once (not religious argument), so best not to have regrets in later part of life of our decision.

maumu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
a bit off topic but happy or not happy isn't necessarily tied to how much money one has or saved.

one can be wealthy but unhappy. likewise some people barely surviving but happy go lucky. :o

Okenba

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
a bit off topic but happy or not happy isn't necessarily tied to how much money one has or saved.

one can be wealthy but unhappy. likewise some people barely surviving but happy go lucky. :o
Absolutely. For some, money is never enough. No matter how much they spend, they will still be unhappy and always want to spend more.

wutawa

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Absolutely. For some, money is never enough. No matter how much they spend, they will still be unhappy and always want to spend more.
+1
For me, money is never enough. Not so much on spending more but to have more buffer for medical or other emergencies. No, i dont believe in insurance.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.