HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Newbie Guide: How to Find a Good Agent for Investment & Insurance?

Like Tree78Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-08-2017, 09:02 PM   #856

Hi, anyone know where can we find IFA? With customer review etcs.

Thanks
Elf1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2017, 01:49 AM   #857

Hi, anyone know where can we find IFA? With customer review etcs.

Thanks
Pure IFA here.
Don't need reviews, just check out my post history and see if you like what you see.

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/se...rchid=33819027
Old 21-08-2017, 01:26 AM   #858

Very informative, thanks ts!

Sent from hehe using GAGT
yumyumz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2017, 01:40 PM   #859

Unsolicited Content (Commercial solicitation / Ads / Referrals / Spam)
Probably a scam. Do I find out more from you?

Last edited by Perisher; 29-08-2017 at 11:14 AM..
Bigoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2017, 09:34 PM   #860

Unsolicited Content (Commercial solicitation / Ads / Referrals / Spam)
I guess everyone would like to hear from you too, but anonymously in the public forum.
Why don't you reveal more about what's up your sleeves first? Start a new thread or something.

Last edited by Perisher; 29-08-2017 at 11:06 AM..
Bigoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 12:45 PM   #861

Looking for advice on insurance plans from different insurance companies. Female 26 non smoker.
alyssax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 01:52 PM   #862

Looking for advice on insurance plans from different insurance companies. Female 26 non smoker.
I'm not quite sure why you'd need advice on insurance plans from different insurance companies when you could just engage an IFA to pick out the ones that'd suit your needs better?
Old 09-09-2017, 02:29 PM   #863

I'm not quite sure why you'd need advice on insurance plans from different insurance companies when you could just engage an IFA to pick out the ones that'd suit your needs better?
Where can I find a good IFA? Have been slowly reading this thread from the beginning and it's taking me some time to piece the info tgt.
Old 09-09-2017, 02:40 PM   #864

Where can I find a good IFA? Have been slowly reading this thread from the beginning and it's taking me some time to piece the info tgt.
I don't know? I can't tell you who else is good apart from pointing at myself.

I notice you hasn't really check out other insurance threads on money mind yet.
You may be able to get a better idea of the advisers in the forum and hopefully someone attracts your attention.
Old 09-09-2017, 05:24 PM   #865
Supremacy Member

Be prepare to part with ur hard earned savings if you are gg to rely solely on so called "financial advisors" who makes money off your premiums
akwl88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 02:13 PM   #866

Be prepare to part with ur hard earned savings if you are gg to rely solely on so called "financial advisors" who makes money off your premiums
agreed. doing my research now!
Old 13-09-2017, 01:04 AM   #867

Met an agent today and he mentioned that IFAs are not able to sell the full suite of plans insurance companies provide. Is that true? All this while I just thought that certain companies (I think GE and Prudential) don't let IFAs sell their products.

Anyway I'm doing a financial review at the moment, looking at my term coverage as well as some retirement planning.

I'm open to PMs from agents/IFAs, but please note that I'm a very deliberative person so be patient k!
Millimeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2017, 02:30 AM   #868

Met an agent today and he mentioned that IFAs are not able to sell the full suite of plans insurance companies provide. Is that true? All this while I just thought that certain companies (I think GE and Prudential) don't let IFAs sell their products.

Anyway I'm doing a financial review at the moment, looking at my term coverage as well as some retirement planning.

I'm open to PMs from agents/IFAs, but please note that I'm a very deliberative person so be patient k!
There are FAs and then there are IFAs. I mention this as FAs are also confused with IFAs. Also note that not all IFAs have the same number of tools (i.e. the number of companies and services they can represent).

In regards to your question, it is true that GE and Prudential do not want to be on IFA platforms. As to whether IFAs can implement all the products offered by a particular financial product provider (especially an insurer), there is some truth to what the tied agent told you. However, the reason is usually because those products are not as good or as "sell-able" anyway, so no point for the insurer to offer it on an IFA platform. This is what one of the insurers told me. I am an adviser with the largest IFA in Singapore. Most people are clueless about this, as IFAs are generally not as well known as FAs.

Btw, it's my first day in this forum and I have never joined forums before, so still figuring out how this works. May take some time to reply. Was led to check this forum out after googling for reviews on a renovation company.
Bigoya likes this.

Last edited by Love17; 13-09-2017 at 02:32 AM..
Love17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2017, 05:00 PM   #869

Looking for an IFA to have a talk but just realized that I cannot post since I have less than 10 post counts.

Could those IFAs, who are interested to have a talk, send me a PM with your contact info?
eiswein is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.