news trading system

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayzzzz82

Reaction score
Max DD is 6% so I came up with this formula $500 to every 0.01 lot. That for the long term trades.

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/money-mind-210/got-1000-extra-invest-4765767.html

But for news and the likes DD can be a bit more but that is only for 10sec.

No I dun have a myfxboook acc but you can see my results here. wahkao3 will be bored cause this is the 3rd time he has seen. Demo acc on myfxbook yield fantastic results as broker dun spike and the charts are not as agressive. So I will look for demo accounts in myfxbook. I am the "detective" in our group researching signals and robots and brokers. Nothing has escape my eyes yet.

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/money-mind-210/seeking-advice-multi-stream-income-4708272.html

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/money-mind-210/forex-tradingwithrayner-4178577-23.html

Grid? Nah it's the worst system next to martingale.

Entry point can be refine by understanding normal oscillators. Even the normal stochastic. If you understand how is behaves not just the overbought and oversold then your entry point will be perfect. My motto is never take a loss so if you know how to hedge or recover from a bad trade then you are ready to ride the market.

I believe I have share more then I should so happy trading. Time to do homework for tmr opening.

To be honest, based on your simple screenshot I cant tell if u are making any profit based on the system. Well as long as u are “not” grid martingale, it good (lesser chance of margin call). Profitable or not, it impossible to tell.

Last edited:

Knight_Rider

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
To be honest, based on your simple screenshot I cant tell if u are making any profit based on the system. Well as long as u are grid martingale, it good (lesser chance of margin call). Profitable or not, it impossible to tell.

The point is consistently no loss over a month. Profitable or not is pretty obvious. No guru here will show you their account so I am the first. Anyway I am not marketing anything so I dun really have to prove to you to buy my product. Like I said I need to do homework. Goodnight.

Knight_Rider

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
To be honest, based on your simple screenshot I cant tell if u are making any profit based on the system. Well as long as u are grid martingale, it good (lesser chance of margin call). Profitable or not, it impossible to tell.

grid martingale wow max 4 trades on a 200 pips interval and happy waiting. :)

rayzzzz82

Reaction score
guess that I type too fast and forget to place "not", that cause some misunderstanding. anyway, it quite easy to have a 100% winning system, just that how long u can withstand the drawdow.

it is impossible to predict news, the fact that an adverse new come out, the draw down will be huge. well, we are here to learn after all. good luck to your system

Last edited:

rayzzzz82

Reaction score
I believe this thread here on forex factory could be something similar to what you're doing.

Central Banks & Big Players @ Forex Factory

Hope it helps!

Cheers!

yes, that system is quite similar, but there is some random factor into it. still the odd is there, but somehow as u can see, not many can be profitable using the system. It is quite similar to the stradding amazing EA.

Shiny Things

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am developing a system which allow one to r3ach the market before everyone does. It sorta work like a hft system except one have to depend on the news feed and lantency.

Mate, I say this in the nicest possible way, but you are going to take a massive pratfall at some point.

You're building a system that relies on "reaching the market before everyone else does", but you're executing through some hilarious bucket-shop in Cyprus. Your broker is three or four steps removed from the actual market: they pass the orders to their whitelabel provider, who passes the order to one of the big bank platforms (probably Deutsche), who either takes it on or passes it into the actual interbank market (EBS or Reuters).

(This is where I'd normally stick my rant about not using unregulated Cypriot FX brokers because there's nothing to stop them running off with your money.)

My idea is to camp at my computer, wait for the news to come out.
If the news is good news, I immediately buy
If the news is bad news, I immediately sell

My idea good or not? Any weakness?

Yeah, your weakness is that there's thousands of other people doing exactly the same thing, and there are people sitting in banks with faster newswires and faster connections to the markets. It basically won't work.

rayzzzz82

Reaction score
multiple brokers

Mate, I say this in the nicest possible way, but you are going to take a massive pratfall at some point.

You're building a system that relies on "reaching the market before everyone else does", but you're executing through some hilarious bucket-shop in Cyprus. Your broker is three or four steps removed from the actual market: they pass the orders to their whitelabel provider, who passes the order to one of the big bank platforms (probably Deutsche), who either takes it on or passes it into the actual interbank market (EBS or Reuters).

(This is where I'd normally stick my rant about not using unregulated Cypriot FX brokers because there's nothing to stop them running off with your money.)

Yeah, your weakness is that there's thousands of other people doing exactly the same thing, and there are people sitting in banks with faster newswires and faster connections to the markets. It basically won't work.

I understand about the pitfall of using Cyprus broker, well even using reputable broker such as MF Global (regulated in UK and SG) is not totally safe, I dont see what is the difference between using one in Cyprus and one in SG. This is one of the many brokers which I have deposited my fund in. The larger one I have in FXCM, LMAX, Pepperstone and even a Swiss bank/broker known as CIM Banque.

Knight_Rider

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
guess that I type too fast and forget to place "not", that cause some misunderstanding. anyway, it quite easy to have a 100% winning system, just that how long u can withstand the drawdow.

it is impossible to predict news, the fact that an adverse new come out, the draw down will be huge. well, we are here to learn after all. good luck to your system

Wad DD? 6% you mean? I can sleep soundly even if the mkt crash tmr. Can yours? If you have not read all my post dun assume.

I dun chase news so how do you know my DD will be huge? Look at my post at 12.23pm http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/money-mind-210/financial-armageddon-2014-a-4745828-6.html and see your chart. Now see my next post at 2.48pm. Again see your chart. So I will ask that salesman who paint fantastic pictures on a dead chart wad is the color of the next 2 candles because I am not interested in the past as I can said I told you so. You can use wadever techniques and it will be right as the answer is given.

So if you are at that level who can read the market maybe we might have a common language. If not I dun really see a point as to I am more profitable then you or my DD is less then you. Like Shiny Things said traders will not pass on their skill to others. Not even the closest friends. They will only past down to their next of kin. Goodnight. Need to sleep before mkt open.

Shiny Things

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I understand about the pitfall of using Cyprus broker, well even using reputable broker such as MF Global (regulated in UK and SG) is not totally safe, I dont see what is the difference between using one in Cyprus and one in SG. This is one of the many brokers which I have deposited my fund in. The larger one I have in FXCM, LMAX, Pepperstone and even a Swiss bank/broker known as CIM Banque.

No, you missed my point. In this case I'm not talking about the safety of Cypriot brokers (though the regulatory regime in Cyprus is very light-touch - there's a reason all of the especially buckety bucket-shops like to set up in Cyprus).

I'm talking about you trying to execute a so-called "high-frequency" strategy through a broker that's two or three steps removed from the actual market.

I'll give you a free tip: if you actually want to do high-frequency FX, hook yourself up to the CME instead of a bucket-shop called "FX Central Clearing Limited" which is not actually a central clearer of anything.

Shiny Things

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So how does one hook up to the CME?

1) Find a futures broker;
2) Start trading.

It's way more complicated if you actually want to do meaningful high-frequency (you need to think about colocated hosting near the matching engine, how to get your data feed, optimising your code, all that), but that's the basics of it. Either way, though, the answer to "how do I HFT" is definitely not "open an account with a Cypriot bucketshop whose name sounds like a clearinghouse".

Incidentally, HFT is the one field where the answer to "which broker should I go with" is not necessarily Interactive Brokers. Their datafeed is timesliced about every 100-200msec, so it's not particularly useful for high-frequency. (I've heard good things about using an external datafeed and just executing through IB, but wouldn't know enough about it to comment.)

guowei

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I do long term news trading...

Sgd bad, nzd good. Aud not bad.

Now just buy aud n nzd when dip then hold till forever...and keep averaging... never ever do martingale.

martingale = gamble = forever in hell

Last edited:

alexchia01

Reaction score
News trading is not as easy you think.

I used to do News trading in the past... Yes, the reward can be big and fast, but there is no margin of error. Your entry and exit must be accurate to the tee. Not many traders can do this.

You are buying information through the internet, how fast can that be. The people who really got the information first hand are those who have the inside track or close to the source. Many times the market moves before the news is out. By the time you got the news, it's already too late.

Also the market don't always move in accordance to the news. Good news does not mean market going up, likewise negative news does not mean market doing down. It's the market reaction to the news that is important, not the news itself. Even market movement is in sync with news, it also don't always move up in 1 single move, some time it flactuate first before moving.

News trading is for experience traders because it requires intuition and this takes lots of time in the market. I don't encourage newbies to do news trading.

It's like encourgeing new drivers to drive a F1 race car because it can get him from 1 place to another faster. Faster means less time on the road, but does not translate to safer; in fact, it's riskier because he need to have fast reaction and there is no margin for error.

Last edited:

Knight_Rider

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Now just buy aud n nzd when dip then hold till forever...and keep averaging... never ever do martingale.

I do human martingale. Every 200 pips drop I stack up. :s13: :s13: :s13:

guowei

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I do human martingale. Every 200 pips drop I stack up. :s13: :s13: :s13:

wah, then u very rich sia. martingale 0.01 to 1.28 lot only need like 7 times :eek: then from 1.28 to 10.24 is another 4 times only.

if u never close then u will be holding 15.36 lots!!! OMG :eek::eek:

Knight_Rider

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wah, then u very rich sia. martingale 0.01 to 1.28 lot only need like 7 times :eek: then from 1.28 to 10.24 is another 4 times only.

if u never close then u will be holding 15.36 lots!!! OMG :eek::eek:

I 0.01 0.01 0.01 0.01 then stop. Margin very very very healthy even global financial crisis. :s13: :s13: :s13: :s13:

guowei

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I 0.01 0.01 0.01 0.01 then stop. Margin very very very healthy even global financial crisis. :s13: :s13: :s13: :s13:

then not martingale liao la. that is averaging. one sky one earth sia.

martingale is x2 each time u lose, keep aiming for that one winning hand to win back everything :s22:

Knight_Rider

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I tried news trading a while ago. Correct very song. Sala USJPY will straight away -80 and increase to -120 pip. In that split 3 sec will you cut or will you wait for retracement to minimize your loss? And we are not talking about 0.01 So emotion is completely on a different level.

The cost to have first hand news is 5 digit shared by my mentor and my team. You need some mentor to digest the news, look at the FA, analyse the TA on a 1 min chart and give the call 5 sec before news is out. It's definitely not for the faint-hearted.

So over the years I only trade the charts and charts dun lie. You can manipulate the data but you can't manipulate the charts. Big boys only can try to hit your stop loss with bull trap and bear trap and some spike. But over time you'll be experience enough to see through all the tricks and sharpen your entry point.

Yeah Martingale is a bottomless pit but lot size makes a difference. too greedy and your account burst in no time. Grid and now the market go sideways robot also cui. Best is to sharpen your skill and use your own strategy. A simple and effective one is all you need. To me it doesn't matter if you are right or wrong. Most important is if you're profitable. Nothing else matters. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.