HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

ocbc 360 account

Like Tree354Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2014, 10:00 PM   #16

To be frank, $50,000 is way too little. Not worth the effort to play the game. Rather put the whole chunk into other investments.
Its a decent return for a $50k parked aside for anytime use considering that the money in the 360 account is absolutely liquid
zachary123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 11:29 PM   #17

To be frank, $50,000 is way too little. Not worth the effort to play the game. Rather put the whole chunk into other investments.
Getting a "risk-free" rate of 3% since the first $50k is backed by government, couldn't believe it when I found out about it. It's even yielding close to STI ETF dividend yield.

On the contrary, doesn't make sense if the bonus interest applies for more than $50k. If it applies say up to $100k, I also won't put all of it to earn the 3%.
greddy88 likes this.
raymond350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 05:40 PM   #18

i've signed up already..
too attractive and beat all the other local banks,
end of month will see if the interest come in. mine is also code SAL..

another thing is the branch officer mention the $400 might need to be from ocbc core cards only, this not confirm anyway.. i will try robinson card first this month and see
phileas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 05:42 PM   #19

Mine is under SAL too, probably will make a trip down to OCBC branch tmr to clarify with them.
any news on this?
Old 03-04-2014, 07:58 PM   #20
Arch-Supremacy Member

also setmine up with 50k transferred via FAST today. but salary also SAL..
arctician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 08:20 PM   #21
Supremacy Member

what's SAL.....?

also, T&Cs say that "only direct salary credits through GIRO with the description “GIRO –
SALARY” in your statements will qualify for this bonus."

i think mine like don't have, and i don't think i'm able to get my company to do it that way... hmm.
MrCoconut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 08:24 PM   #22
Master Member

i've signed up already..
too attractive and beat all the other local banks,
end of month will see if the interest come in. mine is also code SAL..

another thing is the branch officer mention the $400 might need to be from ocbc core cards only, this not confirm anyway.. i will try robinson card first this month and see
FRANK card should work right?
leogeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 09:20 AM   #23

FRANK card should work right?
In the T&Cs, Private Label cards** are excluded. These include the Robinson card/BEST card** which hv 9 digit account numbers.

** i found this in my OCBC internet banking - go to add billing organisation and select "OCBC/Fariprice Plus credit card" as the billing organisation. You then click on the "i" button to find a popup box giving more information on what are the private label cards.

Robinsons credit card and OCBC-Best credit card should not be private label cards as their account numbers should be 16 digits (i dun hv either cards so can't confirm)
phileas likes this.
james9195 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 10:15 AM   #24
Featured Sponsor for Money Mind, EDMW

My company do not GIRO salary, I received a cheque each month. How ah?
Hi tbchua, only salary credits received via GIRO will be eligible.

^Greg
For OCBC Bank

OCBC Bank: Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook
OCBC Bank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 10:19 AM   #25

what's SAL.....?

also, T&Cs say that "only direct salary credits through GIRO with the description “GIRO –
SALARY” in your statements will qualify for this bonus."

i think mine like don't have, and i don't think i'm able to get my company to do it that way... hmm.
Hi MrCoconut, beri stupid idiot, EEXOOO

This is not an issue, because all the banks have different transaction descriptions for salaries received via Giro.

For DBS, its SAL
For POSB, its PAY
For OCBC, its Giro - Salary

^Greg
For OCBC Bank

Last edited by OCBC Bank; 04-04-2014 at 10:19 AM.. Reason: Grammar
Old 04-04-2014, 10:21 AM   #26

Hi Orange_Tea,

This is already a very attractive interest rate for a risk free deposit account.

For balances above $50k, you can always consider higher yielding investment instruments.

OCBC also has a Bonus+ product which has effective interest of 0.69% with no balance limit.

^Greg
For OCBC Bank

Old 04-04-2014, 10:57 AM   #27

In the T&Cs, Private Label cards** are excluded. These include the Robinson card/BEST card** which hv 9 digit account numbers.

** i found this in my OCBC internet banking - go to add billing organisation and select "OCBC/Fariprice Plus credit card" as the billing organisation. You then click on the "i" button to find a popup box giving more information on what are the private label cards.

Robinsons credit card and OCBC-Best credit card should not be private label cards as their account numbers should be 16 digits (i dun hv either cards so can't confirm)
Thanks for the info,
My understanding is all OCBC credit cards count.. so Frank/ Robinson Credit cards should also be in.
qwertish likes this.
Old 04-04-2014, 11:42 AM   #28
Supremacy Member

OCBC, does CPF top-up using Frank card qualify for the extra 1% interest?
Cos your T&Cs say retail transactions.

Last edited by koreanlover; 04-04-2014 at 07:36 PM..
koreanlover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 12:59 PM   #29

Hi OCBC,

My salary account is already with OCBC saving, can i convert it to 360? :s12
Flare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 01:13 PM   #30

Hi OCBC,
How long will this 3.05 % interest rate be continue after the promotion period ends?
Tks.
tbchua is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.