SRS Investments

limpoop

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
managed to submit my order by the deadline yesterday. i think most ocbc branches are not familiar with buying sgs with srs. was very disappointed initially but didn't want to give up so i headed over to the hq instead. glad that the financial consultant there was very helpful and resourceful.

similar to uob, the form is also called book entry for govt securities.

ShFMMIa.jpg

the form is meant for purchase of sgs using cpf. it looks like a very outdated form as the prints are small and distorted. worse still, there is no place where i could enter my srs account info.

luckily the consultant searched his computer folder again and managed to find a payment form with cpf and srs listed as options.

in the end, i submitted 2 sets of forms. hope my application will go through. fingers crossed.

thank you to all who replied!

Very good info indeed!

The reason why bank staff did not know much about SGS is simple, application is free how the bank earns from you?

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Reaction score
Hey OCBC, can you answer direct to the question?

Can you clarify if we can use OCBC to buy SGS bonds primary issues? Normally these are done through ATM subscription if purchased through cash.

Simple question, hope that an established bank with exclusive access to SRS like OCBC has answers at hand to a simple question.

Thanks.

Hi w1rbelw1nd,

Thank you for the query.

Purchase of SGS primary issues can be done via ATM, online banking and OneWealth for cash.

For SRS, only hardcopy forms are available for applications.

^WX

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Reaction score
managed to submit my order by the deadline yesterday. i think most ocbc branches are not familiar with buying sgs with srs. was very disappointed initially but didn't want to give up so i headed over to the hq instead. glad that the financial consultant there was very helpful and resourceful.

similar to uob, the form is also called book entry for govt securities.

ShFMMIa.jpg

the form is meant for purchase of sgs using cpf. it looks like a very outdated form as the prints are small and distorted. worse still, there is no place where i could enter my srs account info.

luckily the consultant searched his computer folder again and managed to find a payment form with cpf and srs listed as options.

in the end, i submitted 2 sets of forms. hope my application will go through. fingers crossed.

thank you to all who replied!

Hi kitkat2,

We are glad this has been sorted out.

We would like to also share your feedback with the initial branch that you had visited.

Could you PM us the branch location so that we can share the feedback?

Thank you.

^WX

nudiefan

Reaction score
I went to orchard central branch this afternoon to enquire about SGS using SRS. They directed me to I ocbc and to contact my broker after some googling on their end.

Are hardcopy forms available there?

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Reaction score

chunmeng

Reaction score
When is the deadline to submit

Hi,Thanks for many great info posted here. I learned quite a bit just reading through.

I have a question regarding "deadline"/timeline.
Said I want to bid for NZ13100V/SG3261987691 with announcement date = 22 Aug
Auction date = 29 Aug.
jrUEVpU.png

http://www.sgs.gov.sg/Issuance-Calendar/Bonds.aspx

When can I go down to a bank branch to submit the form?
And when is the deadline?

My SRS is with DBS.

Last edited:

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
for my case with OCBC, I was told to do it 2 working days before Auction Date to allow the paperwork to be processed.

just do it on 1st or 2nd day, since it's only a 1 week window.

also, best check ahead with that particular Branch that they know which form and have it.

jackieatbtu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mine is with dbs as well. Have you figure out which branch to go to? I am planning for this August one also.

Hi,Thanks for many great info posted here. I learned quite a bit just reading through.

I have a question regarding "deadline"/timeline.
Said I want to bid for NZ13100V/SG3261987691 with announcement date = 22 Aug
Auction date = 29 Aug.
jrUEVpU.png

http://www.sgs.gov.sg/Issuance-Calendar/Bonds.aspx

When can I go down to a bank branch to submit the form?
And when is the deadline?

My SRS is with DBS.

heng_ah

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I use SRS to buy stocks .
Huat investment with Croesus / Ascott.

Learn it .

People use SRS to buy bond or stock, or diversify, nothing wrong with it.

Different people has different risk appetite.

Oh yeah, you learn to read first. Wrong thread. This is SRS investment thread, by the way.

edmund77

Reaction score
SRS early withdrawal

Topic might be slightly off the thread but can I check if anyone has paid the 5% penalty and made early withdrawals from their SRS account?

Even with the most conservative investments, 5% should be easily made within 3 years. So for those who has already "retired" before 62 or maybe no longer receiving any more "official" income, have you paid the penalty to withdrawal from your SRS?

highsulphur

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Topic might be slightly off the thread but can I check if anyone has paid the 5% penalty and made early withdrawals from their SRS account?

Even with the most conservative investments, 5% should be easily made within 3 years. So for those who has already "retired" before 62 or maybe no longer receiving any more "official" income, have you paid the penalty to withdrawal from your SRS?

don't forget the 5% penalty is on top of tax payable on the amount withdrawn

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.