Is today too late to cash top up sa and srs

BBCWatcher

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Too late for CPF. Might not be too late for SRS if you can find a branch that’s still open this evening, and I think all three SRS custodians still have at least one branch that’s open as I write this.

linusz

Master Member
Reaction score
Ah. Already got srs account with ocbc. Thought just transfer online is OK?

Too late for CPF. Might not be too late for SRS if you can find a branch that’s still open this evening, and I think all three SRS custodians still have at least one branch that’s open as I write this.

linusz

Master Member
Reaction score
Cpf online also too late ah. Hmm. Thought only cheque is too late due to clearance. Hmm.

linusz

Master Member
Reaction score
From ocbc srs menu

To qualify for tax relief against income earned in the current year, your account must be opened no later than 2 business days before 31 December. You must also make your contribution before 31 December. You can contribute as long as you have not made any penalty-free withdrawals previously.

2. If your request is submitted before 12:00 AM on the last business day of the year (on or before 31st December), your SRS Contribution will be made that same year.

It is too late to do it online to get your tax reliefs for FY 2017.

In fact, it is too late to do it via any method.

Wood41

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can’t be that smart to wait till today. :o
Waiting for last minute ! :o
OCBC has branches open today if you
SRS with it.

JuniorLion

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
From ocbc srs menu

To qualify for tax relief against income earned in the current year, your account must be opened no later than 2 business days before 31 December. You must also make your contribution before 31 December. You can contribute as long as you have not made any penalty-free withdrawals previously.

2. If your request is submitted before 12:00 AM on the last business day of the year (on or before 31st December), your SRS Contribution will be made that same year.

If 31 Dec is a weekday, then yeah..
It happens this year that 31 Dec is a Sunday.

linusz

Master Member
Reaction score
Seem like ocbc srs can't

Cpf seem OK. Only this from their site

^ If you are topping up by cheque, your application must reach the Board by 31 December, 10 am, to enjoy tax relief for the following year's Tax Assessment. If 31 December falls on a weekend, your application should reach us on the last working Friday of the year, 10 am. This is to allow sufficient time for the cheque to be cleared.

If 31 Dec is a weekday, then yeah..
It happens this year that 31 Dec is a Sunday.

JuniorLion

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Seem like ocbc srs can't

Cpf seem OK. Only this from their site

^ If you are topping up by cheque, your application must reach the Board by 31 December, 10 am, to enjoy tax relief for the following year's Tax Assessment. If 31 December falls on a weekend, your application should reach us on the last working Friday of the year, 10 am. This is to allow sufficient time for the cheque to be cleared.

Well, do it earlier next year. Preferably 1-2 weeks earlier, if you really must top up only in December.

I do it in January every year.

BBCWatcher

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm afraid all OCBC Sunday branches closed at 3:00 p.m. on December 31, 2017 (almost 3 hours ago as I write this). So a branch visit is no longer possible.

You can try to make an online transfer right now and see if it works. It might, but be prepared for that contribution to be your first SRS contribution of 2018. :D This definitely won't work if you don't already have a SRS account.

CPF is out of the question. That 2017 deadline has absolutely passed.

Jazzbie

Reaction score
Top up both srs and sa
We see if any gets thru. How to see? Lol
To be 100% sure, can wait for tax bill. I think ocbc SRS still can do online today though it's Sunday. But don't take my word for it since I didn't test it myself.

edwinttt1978

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Message received when testing on "Make SRS contribution":

"This service is not available from 9pm to 12am. Please try again later. For assistance, please email HelpMe@UOBgroup.com or call 1800 397 6868."

JuniorLion

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I tried topping up this morning to my OCBC SRS Account.

It says "You have exceeded your contribution cap."
Clearly they haven't updated it (latest update is 30 Dec 2017).

linusz

Master Member
Reaction score
I tried topping up this morning to my OCBC SRS Account.

It says "You have exceeded your contribution cap."
Clearly they haven't updated it (latest update is 30 Dec 2017).

Did it yesterday. Money wasn't deducted from ocbc account. So looks like a bit iffy

Open at uob 2y back on 31 Dec lol. It worked. So well. Will update ha.

Somehow my cpf sa can't top up to 7k. Any reason why

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.