HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

To transfer CPF to homemaker wife, or not?

Like Tree137Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2017, 09:33 PM   #151
Master Member

if this is not considered as 0 interest, what is?
No, that not "zero interest." It's a world class, lifetime annuity -- paid for with funds that earned a high rate of interest -- that simply didn't work out too well for that particular individual and his heirs. Just like having fire insurance (paid for with a premium that was boosted with high interest) with no fire, no claims.

I guess you really don't understand lifetime annuities and longevity insurance. OK, I suppose that's possible since they're relatively new concepts in Singapore. But they were invented at least as far back as the early 1800s.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
BBCWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 10:46 PM   #152

This annuity topic between the two of you is getting real tiresome. It spans over months, across many threads and pages, bloating them without adding anything new. Just give it a rest already? Please?
RM2SSG and ~Dragonite~ like this.
apatheticme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 06:28 AM   #153
Master Member

I guess you really don't understand lifetime annuities and longevity insurance. OK, I suppose that's possible since they're relatively new concepts in Singapore. But they were invented at least as far back as the early 1800s.
i guess you dont understand the simple concept of mathematics. they can say that the annuity earns 100% interest and it goes to the common fund. you can have nothing of it. this is equivalent to 0 interest to the individual

maybe you do, you are a garmen mole and will post anything and everything to support the garmen.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
dork32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 06:34 AM   #154
Master Member

if dbs post this, will you laugh your teeth off?

dbs gives 10% pa for your savings accounts. 0.05% is credited to your account and the other 9.95% will go to a pooled fund. this fund is used to maintain the atm, your internet banking platform, the branches and the director's huge bonuses. this is to allow you to enjoy all the benefits of banking with dbs
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 11-07-2017, 08:14 AM   #155
Arch-Supremacy Member

i guess you dont understand the simple concept of mathematics. they can say that the annuity earns 100% interest and it goes to the common fund. you can have nothing of it. this is equivalent to 0 interest to the individual

maybe you do, you are a garmen mole and will post anything and everything to support the garmen.
0 interest to the unfortunates who live up to the BE age.

Some interests/profits to the lucky ones who live beyond the BE age.

This is what a pooled insurance is all about. Many will lose, some will gain but ultimately, insurance provider wins it all.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 11-07-2017, 10:30 AM   #156
Master Member

insurance provider wins it all.
i love this sentence
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 11-07-2017, 06:55 PM   #157

All, I have checked with CPF. For the property pledge withdrawal above the BRS, you can withdraw as many times as you like, in any amount but they mentioned processing time will take at least 2 weeks.

They said can withdraw as little as $10 each time and whatever's left in RA is still earning the 4% interest.
elnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 09:33 PM   #158
Supremacy Member

All, I have checked with CPF. For the property pledge withdrawal above the BRS, you can withdraw as many times as you like, in any amount but they mentioned processing time will take at least 2 weeks.

They said can withdraw as little as $10 each time and whatever's left in RA is still earning the 4% interest.
Wish you have also asked whether amount withdrawn can be refunded with accrued interest.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
henrylbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 08:08 AM   #159
Master Member

U are wrong!

People here are talking about withdrawal above BRS, not the normal withdrawal of funds!

U have to apply to pledge your property = application to withdrawal funds above BRS in the RA. Once your application to pledge property is approved, CPF will automatically pay the funds above BRS to your bank account or via a cheque if u dun have bank account setup.
If don't pledge property, can withdraw fund in BRS after 65 years old?

So is it better to transfer CPF to homemaker wife or not?
Opps-gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2018, 03:29 AM   #160

Alternative perspective, CPF Life scheme start paying interest after your 93th birthday and increases monthly, as long as you lived.
stiffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.