Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Views personal accident plans

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-09-2017, 03:19 PM   #1

Views personal accident plans

which accident plans do you own?

I am currently comparing GE Essential Protector Plus Verus AXA Bands Aids

All 3rd Party POV are welcome! Please state if you own better personal accidents Plans!
brx1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2017, 03:57 PM   #2

FWD, it's cheap and there is discount now
yoha03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2017, 06:27 PM   #3

All 3rd Party POV are welcome! Please state if you own better personal accidents Plans!
PA plans with Life Insurers are just expensive.
https://www.sompo.com.sg/docs/defaul...tar/pastar.pdf
parallelyy likes this.
Old 13-09-2017, 10:41 PM   #4

And I don't understand the point. I know the insurance company cares a great deal how you become disabled -- because they want to collect premiums from you, write exclusions into the policy, and not pay claims. But do you care how you become disabled? Does it matter whether a bus runs you over ("accident") or you suffer from a stroke ("not accident")? No, it doesn't matter -- the outcome is the same, and your financial needs are the same.

What am I missing?
BBCWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2017, 10:57 PM   #5

And I don't understand the point. I know the insurance company cares a great deal how you become disabled -- because they want to collect premiums from you, write exclusions into the policy, and not pay claims. But do you care how you become disabled? Does it matter whether a bus runs you over ("accident") or you suffer from a stroke ("not accident")? No, it doesn't matter -- the outcome is the same, and your financial needs are the same.

What am I missing?
And I don't understand your question.
Old 13-09-2017, 11:09 PM   #6

And I don't understand your question.
What useful purpose for a policyholder does a personal accident insurance plan serve that would not be better served with disability income, long-term care, and/or medical insurance?
Old 14-09-2017, 12:00 AM   #7

What useful purpose for a policyholder does a personal accident insurance plan serve that would not be better served with disability income, long-term care, and/or medical insurance?
That sounds like how agents fight for selling Whole Life over Term Life plans.

End of the day it's back to the opprtunity cost we are concerned of.
You want a better cover, u pay a higher price and loose a larger part of the cash flow to "invest the rest".
Old 14-09-2017, 12:19 AM   #8

That sounds like how agents fight for selling Whole Life over Term Life plans.
No, that's not a great analogy.

You want a better cover, u pay a higher price and loose a larger part of the cash flow to "invest the rest".
I don't follow that logic at all.

Let's imagine, hypothetically, that an insurance company sells a product called "Tuesday disability insurance." The way it works is that, if you first become disabled on any Tuesday, then the policy will pay a monthly benefit for as long as the disability exists. If you first become disabled on any other day of the week, the policy doesn't pay anything.

So are you suggesting that it's better to buy Tuesday disability insurance and invest other money than it is to buy disability insurance that doesn't have this weird, ridiculous exclusion? I don't get it.

If the premium level is a concern, wouldn't it be better to buy broader coverage with a lower payout level than seriously limited coverage with a higher payout level? Most people are risk averse, and that would be the smarter play given that reality. Otherwise it's more akin to gambling.
Old 14-09-2017, 12:45 AM   #9

Maybe can consider AIA PA Solitaire. Covers insect bites (zika and dengue etc.). Pretty comprehensive.
haileeyeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2017, 01:02 AM   #10
Arch-Supremacy Member

Which do you value more? The permanent disability and death coverage or the minor expenses?

Maybe you can consider GE's new Great Protector also. In terms of comprehensiveness, Essential Protector Plus might be better but GP shines in the permanent disability payout which goes up to $3m.

Old 14-09-2017, 01:05 AM   #11

Which do you value more? The permanent disability and death coverage or the minor expenses?

Maybe you can consider GE's new Great Protector also. In terms of comprehensiveness, Essential Protector Plus might be better but GP shines in the permanent disability payout which goes up to $3m.
Sounds great, does GP covers loss of use of 1 arm?
Old 14-09-2017, 01:08 AM   #12

it covers medical reimbursement on minor accidents (fall down etc.) as well.
haileeyeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2017, 01:11 AM   #13

No, that's not a great analogy.

I don't follow that logic at all.

Let's imagine, hypothetically, that an insurance company sells a product called "Tuesday disability insurance." The way it works is that, if you first become disabled on any Tuesday, then the policy will pay a monthly benefit for as long as the disability exists. If you first become disabled on any other day of the week, the policy doesn't pay anything.

So are you suggesting that it's better to buy Tuesday disability insurance and invest other money than it is to buy disability insurance that doesn't have this weird, ridiculous exclusion? I don't get it.

If the premium level is a concern, wouldn't it be better to buy broader coverage with a lower payout level than seriously limited coverage with a higher payout level? Most people are risk averse, and that would be the smarter play given that reality. Otherwise it's more akin to gambling.
So u're saying disability income and long-term care could provide perfect cover as long as you could afford it?
Old 14-09-2017, 01:14 AM   #14

Wah lao u all dont understand bbc?

What he trying to say is accident and disability income protect the same needs.

The payout is when you kena disabled.

But accident insurance need another hurdle - need to be accident + accident cause disability. So like no point buy both?
BBCWatcher and Perisher like this.
veryhappyfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2017, 10:36 AM   #15
Arch-Supremacy Member

I know what you mean.

What's a good disability plan you can recommend?
windwaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.