Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By havetheveryfun
  • 1 Post By Perisher
  • 1 Post By havetheveryfun

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-10-2012, 10:00 AM   #1
Arch-Supremacy Member

Warning! Do not put link/referrals/adverts in your signature

Do not put link/url to your blog/website in your signature.

You will be infracted each time you post with the url/link appear in your signature.
Yellowfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2015, 10:26 AM   #2
Supremacy Member

Perisher, I would like to suggest this warning & restriction to be removed or have some changes to it.

I believe the reason why links in signature were banned originally is to prevent newbies from signing up for courses or online crap that need to pay $$$.

Therefore, maybe it can be allowed for people to link to their own personal blogs (if there are only simple ads like Google/nuffang which can be clicked on) in their signature, but not if their blogs or links are trying to upsell to some expensive course or some online crappy ebook.

Of course, maybe it is better for you to discuss this with the existing moderators in this forum first. Just a suggestion.
SCG8866T likes this.
havetheveryfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2015, 08:37 PM   #3
Junior Moderator

I'm of the opinion that this would made the job of a mod much harder. Distinguishing each time whether a link is legit or not... I would though discuss this with the mods without my personal input.
Bigoya likes this.
Old 28-08-2015, 10:14 PM   #4
Supremacy Member

I'm of the opinion that this would made the job of a mod much harder. Distinguishing each time whether a link is legit or not... I would though discuss this with the mods without my personal input.
well, its that I saw a few oldies having links to their blogs in their signatures. where it would only help newbies rather than mislead them sometimes by reading some of their blog postings.

so if this rule were to be strictly followed.. then a few oldies would have to be infracted and eventually banned. the alternative would be to "close one eye" sometimes but that doesn't make any sense to leave this rule up then.
SCG8866T likes this.
havetheveryfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2015, 03:45 AM   #5
Junior Moderator

well, its that I saw a few oldies having links to their blogs in their signatures. where it would only help newbies rather than mislead them sometimes by reading some of their blog postings.

so if this rule were to be strictly followed.. then a few oldies would have to be infracted and eventually banned. the alternative would be to "close one eye" sometimes but that doesn't make any sense to leave this rule up then.
Usually when people tio infracted, it's because someone has reported to the mod. Also, warnings are given.

If one were to prevent from being mislead into other links/blogs, I suggest one look up the list on Singaporeans financial bloggers. I believe there is a site compiling the list of financial bloggers in singapore.
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.