what is your view on this endownment product?

Reaction score
- single premium; that means one time payment only
- you can use cash or SRS (Supplementary Retirement Scheme)
- 5 year maturity; that means you have to hold for 5 years to mature
- guaranteed return of 1.5%pa (minimum)
- projected total return of 1.9%pa (potential)
- no medical underwriting
- minimum single premium $10,000

worth to take up?

limster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I took up a similar product from NTUC sometime back, 5 years for 2.75% guaranteed. By the time the product matured, interest rates were below 1% already.

So whether or not it suitable for you depends on your view of interest rates. Assuming that the terms and conditions are similar to the product i'm familiar with, its a relatively low-risk tool that you can use to put into 'action' your beliefs on interest rates.

limster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Seriously, its basically a 5 year fixed deposit with 1.5% interest. That's why no one is replying? Really nothing to discuss.

I presume the reason you are looking at this is that you are too scared to invest in stocks or bonds that can yield more but are non-guaranteed products.

How much more information do you need to help you decide whether you want to place your money in a fixed deposit?

Mr.Huttons

Reaction score
OCBC 360 account would be a better alternative TS. To me, the returns doesn't justify the 5 years lockdown period.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.