Why do course trainer share their money-making ways?

archcherub

Reaction score
Just visited a Success Resources seminar with Robert Kiyosaki as the main speaker.
I was wondering why these rich gurus like peng joon or Sandy JadeJe will wanna teach their secrets to others.

I am trying to be more positive and think of good reasons. i admit i am not those super selfless generous guys.
I have my ways of trading and earning a good profit month to month, but I don't think I will openly share. i earned it the hard way and i don't dare to be responsible if someone learns and lose money.
I have my ecommerce business that my company and I are working hard, but all these are like hardearned secrets we built up.
Am I the odd one out? Or maybe coz I am not rich enough to be openly generous?

I know this forex trader, he just opened his corporate office in marina bay, a nice trading floor. i put my money with him for 3 years, earning 3% per month :s13: and happy with it.
so when he corporatised and planning to register with MAS for private fund, i ask him if he would be able to teach me more on forex, i don't mind paying to learn. this is a multi millionaire trader
and he told me
"sorry pal, i won't teach anyone.."

i mean, that makes complete sense. i don't blame him for keeping his trading skills private.
i just don't get it why so many gurus teaching their skills and knowledge for barely $2000 SGD (most of the courses at Success Resources are abt $1998 SGD)
its so little. say one course has abt 100 particpates, thats $200,000
minus all the commission (credit card fees, payment for room, payment to Success Resources) maybe you get back only $120,000 or so?
isn't that very little considering the skill sets they have can net them hundreds of thousands monthly easily?

Why add competitors to their fields?

i like to think they are nice generous people who really want to help the world... but.. im naive right? haha

TabascoSauce

Master Member
Reaction score
Wat are u talking about?

If nice and generous, y would they charge course fee? If they really Wan to help ppl, they would have jus write tutorial online and make it publicly accessible to everyone

Obviously they r trying to sell ppl hope.

computers70

Reaction score
Wat are u talking about?

If nice and generous, y would they charge course fee? If they really Wan to help ppl, they would have jus write tutorial online and make it publicly accessible to everyone

Very true, usually trying to upsell during their courses eg advanced techniques.
Some are really nice, charging a nominal fees with their small group, around $20/mth(kopi money) to some $1xxxx

Maeda_Toshiie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just visited a Success Resources seminar with Robert Kiyosaki as the main speaker.
I was wondering why these rich gurus like peng joon or Sandy JadeJe will wanna teach their secrets to others.

I am trying to be more positive and think of good reasons. i admit i am not those super selfless generous guys.
I have my ways of trading and earning a good profit month to month, but I don't think I will openly share. i earned it the hard way and i don't dare to be responsible if someone learns and lose money.
I have my ecommerce business that my company and I are working hard, but all these are like hardearned secrets we built up.

I know this forex trader, he just opened his corporate office in marina bay, a nice trading floor. i put my money with him for 3 years, earning 3% per month :s13: and happy with it.
so when he corporatised and planning to register with MAS for private fund, i ask him if he would be able to teach me more on forex, i don't mind paying to learn. this is a multi millionaire trader
and he told me

i mean, that makes complete sense. i don't blame him for keeping his trading skills private.
i just don't get it why so many gurus teaching their skills and knowledge for barely $2000 SGD (most of the courses at Success Resources are abt $1998 SGD)
minus all the commission (credit card fees, payment for room, payment to Success Resources) maybe you get back only $120,000 or so?
isn't that very little considering the skill sets they have can net them hundreds of thousands monthly easily?

i like to think they are nice generous people who really want to help the world... but.. im naive right? haha

They ain't selling their secret sauce (if they have one). They just sell things that make the participants feel good about themselves.

Your friend is right. No one will sell their winning formula. They would be using that formula to make boat loads of money. Look, if you have the skills of Warren Buffett in picking stocks, would you run courses teaching it or run your own investment firm?

wahkao3

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
for me i will leh....

but too often when i teach, my students not willing to put in the hard work. they dismiss my teachings as cannot work one.

The other day i was teaching 1 fren how i do my research. When i told him i can analyse a company within 10 seconds, he was delighted and wanted to learn more.

The problem is.... before analysis, I need to collect data. go through mountains of disclosure and filings past and present. So each company takes maybe 2 hrs. Yes, true, the analysis itself only takes 10 seconds. As part of my teaching, I asked him to try out on a company as practice.

He Immediately criticise my method cannot work. My analysis method is wrong. he say that his charting method is much more accurate and faster

the truth is he is just plain lazy to put in the effort.

wahkao3

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
u see, the answer is simple. A lot of trading/investing method is not really secret. they are all publicly available on internet liao. You tell me what method you use, maybe u use options iron condor strategy? i can go use google immediately can find someone else explaining on it.

if the course guru dont teach, others will
so might as well teach the "secret" loh. at least got risk free income mah

wahkao3

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wat are u talking about?

Ken chee from value investing said during this preview that he is running a business with public shareholders to answer to, and with employees salaries to pay.

So must charge money for the course loh

cybercom8

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
one of their most profitable money making ways is getting kum gongs to fork out $2000 each to hear them tcss but it seems like many participants thought its the common trading, analysis etc. methods they talk about :s13:

terryhoho

Reaction score
Ken chee from value investing said during this preview that he is running a business with public shareholders to answer to, and with employees salaries to pay.

So must charge money for the course loh

Wahkao u got teach 1 meh..where learn.

archcherub

Reaction score
for me i will leh....

but too often when i teach, my students not willing to put in the hard work. they dismiss my teachings as cannot work one.

The other day i was teaching 1 fren how i do my research. When i told him i can analyse a company within 10 seconds, he was delighted and wanted to learn more.

The problem is.... before analysis, I need to collect data. go through mountains of disclosure and filings past and present. So each company takes maybe 2 hrs. Yes, true, the analysis itself only takes 10 seconds. As part of my teaching, I asked him to try out on a company as practice.

He Immediately criticise my method cannot work. My analysis method is wrong. he say that his charting method is much more accurate and faster

the truth is he is just plain lazy to put in the effort.

wah wahkao, didn't know u also a course teacher? :s22:

limster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i learnt from wahkao that you should pick stocks that have high return and low risk. Also, that the best time to buy stocks is after a crash.

BradenHeat

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Now informal teachings to friends and family only lah
they all only wan quick money. dont wan put in hard work.

trading/investing aside, is it okay to learn[ from you ] what things to analyze on a company?

im more keen in knowing what to search for then looking everything but missing the obvious and logical in my face type :s22::s13: [ asking the right questions ]

wish to know if a company is ********ting or just gaining momentum after losing some money but still decent to trust.

if it made any sense.

Reaction score
It's understandable.

This is what Zig-Zigla says and it works:
"You can get everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want."

They offer free value first because its human psychology that when you keep receiving value, there's tendency of giving back to the one who give value. This also creates trust between you and them. So you will be more willing to buy from them in future.

If you get value out of it and see result, the chances of you going back to them is higher yea? They are planting seeds of good will.

If you are into Internet Marketing, you will realize many people often offer $1 for Ebook or for trial then upsell them into monthly. They call this a "sales funnel".

The lower price is not to make the seller rich. But to make it as affordable to the mass majority as possible and get you "in" to their sales funnel. Then, after you purchase or attend their course, there will always be a chance of "upgrading" by offering you a higher value at a higher price.

For example, if you buy the E-book already, they may ask you if you want to buy their tools or services that is needed to make this work, or they can even upsell you by offering "Done-For-You", so many of the things is already done for you.

It is always an exchange of "Value".
And FREE info is not always the FULL Picture.
They can give you implementable info where you can benefit from it and if you upgrade, they give you more valuable info or service.

Same goes for trading forex, it's easy to say use fibonaci retracement and in whatever time frame, MACD and bollinger band and what not. But when you apply, it is different and unique during live trading. So then your friend can also use this to teach people and want more thorough or step-by-step can do coaching.

It depends on how one sees it. Some keep the good idea to themselves, never talk to anyone about it, and it will end up as useless also since it doesn't impact anything.

If your friend really smart, he could have teach you, see if your result good, he can jv with you and make more money for him and you..

He see you as competitor then he can only grow so much..
imagine if 10 people using his technique to trade for him rather than 1 people.
plus 3 percent return per month also not very high.. not only he can do..

That's my 2 cents ..

alexchia01

Reaction score
It's understandable.

This is what Zig-Zigla says and it works:
"You can get everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want."

They offer free value first because its human psychology that when you keep receiving value, there's tendency of giving back to the one who give value. This also creates trust between you and them. So you will be more willing to buy from them in future.

If you get value out of it and see result, the chances of you going back to them is higher yea? They are planting seeds of good will.

If you are into Internet Marketing, you will realize many people often offer $1 for Ebook or for trial then upsell them into monthly. They call this a "sales funnel".

The lower price is not to make the seller rich. But to make it as affordable to the mass majority as possible and get you "in" to their sales funnel. Then, after you purchase or attend their course, there will always be a chance of "upgrading" by offering you a higher value at a higher price.

For example, if you buy the E-book already, they may ask you if you want to buy their tools or services that is needed to make this work, or they can even upsell you by offering "Done-For-You", so many of the things is already done for you.

It is always an exchange of "Value".
And FREE info is not always the FULL Picture.
They can give you implementable info where you can benefit from it and if you upgrade, they give you more valuable info or service.

Same goes for trading forex, it's easy to say use fibonaci retracement and in whatever time frame, MACD and bollinger band and what not. But when you apply, it is different and unique during live trading. So then your friend can also use this to teach people and want more thorough or step-by-step can do coaching.

It depends on how one sees it. Some keep the good idea to themselves, never talk to anyone about it, and it will end up as useless also since it doesn't impact anything.

If your friend really smart, he could have teach you, see if your result good, he can jv with you and make more money for him and you..

He see you as competitor then he can only grow so much..
imagine if 10 people using his technique to trade for him rather than 1 people.
plus 3 percent return per month also not very high.. not only he can do..

That's my 2 cents ..

I've great respect for Zig Ziglar and I'm happy that you are still innocent.

But, the world ain't all sunshine and rainbows (from Rocky VI).

Yes, there are people who help many others and they got lots of respect and success doing that. However, these are the minority.

Majority of people who teaches their "money-making" ways is not because they done it and want to share it. But because this is the easiest way to scam people.

Many people who teaches money-making courses, has never made money doing what the course teaches, but from selling the courses itself. And when their students don't make money, they blame it on the students themselves for next following his strategy to the letter.

This is why it's important to learn how to identify who are the real master and who is not.

eboy

Master Member
Reaction score

and he told me

Who's your forex trader friend can intro me pls thanks I wanna earn 3% a month also

wahkao3

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I
Majority of people who teaches their "money-making" ways is not because they done it and want to share it. But because this is the easiest way to scam people.

Many people who teaches money-making courses, has never made money doing what the course teaches, but from selling the courses itself. And when their students don't make money, they blame it on the students themselves for next following his strategy to the letter.

ok lah. some of the trainers got show mah....

Last edited:

wahkao3

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This guy can trust or not? he got show his options track record equity curve.

Here's another stock market teacher showing his track record also. Have similar equity curve

15% CAGR

38ARsr9.png

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.