HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Crossover IPS LCD 27 inches

Like Tree46Likes
Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-04-2012, 07:34 PM   #256

Has anyone use this with a MacBook air before via a mini display port to dual link dvi adapter ? Is it supported.? Thanks
keith66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2012, 09:12 PM   #257

Has anyone use this with a MacBook air before via a mini display port to dual link dvi adapter ? Is it supported.? Thanks
yes i am using it now. It is supported.

However, the dual link dvi adapter is extremely unreliable. Sometimes must unplug and plug back a few times to get proper signal. Lots of people having the same problem too.

the adapter has 3 different firmwares. The latest is 1.03. Hopefully you get the latest one when you buy.
omnilancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2012, 10:25 PM   #258

thanks mate

yes i am using it now. It is supported.

However, the dual link dvi adapter is extremely unreliable. Sometimes must unplug and plug back a few times to get proper signal. Lots of people having the same problem too.

the adapter has 3 different firmwares. The latest is 1.03. Hopefully you get the latest one when you buy.
keith66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2012, 08:31 AM   #259

anyone can share best place to buy without defects?
whyalwaysme? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2012, 09:46 AM   #260

There is no such thing as best place to buy. Its a risk that all of us must take. I seen in forum even when people paid a premium (USD60) to the seller for them to check they still ended up with monitor with dead/stuck pixel. But I think I will recommend redcap as they will check the monitor for DOA before sending it out.
Old 22-04-2012, 11:28 AM   #261

These korean monitors are NOT for the fussy buyers. Expect to have one defect in one way or another.
omnilancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2012, 12:31 PM   #262
Arch-Supremacy Member

There is no such thing as best place to buy. Its a risk that all of us must take. I seen in forum even when people paid a premium (USD60) to the seller for them to check they still ended up with monitor with dead/stuck pixel. But I think I will recommend redcap as they will check the monitor for DOA before sending it out.
There is perfect panel model for sale but it will cost $200+ more.
Old 22-04-2012, 01:23 PM   #263
Arch-Supremacy Member

just received ACHIEVA Shimian QH270-IPSB from gmarket
ordered wednesday night, so shipping is pretty fast!
quality of monitor is bad.
1. screen leans forward
2. quite a bit of dust behind screen
3. bezel is scratched at one corner
4. some styrofoam is wedged in between the glass and bezel at the same corner

so far seems like no dead pixels, quality of panel is good.
so the fault seems to lie with the manufacturer. seller on gmarket is okay.
should i take the glass apart to clean the dust behind? any recommendations?

paid S$375
Computer / Laptop - ACHIEVA Shimian QH270-IPSB 27 LED 2560x1440 16:9 6...
Wah! Now the link shows SGD$380 liao.

Most important part is the panel, the rest are important but secondary.

The screen leans forward but you can tilt it back right? Possible to take picture and show?

[IMG]http://i44.tinypic.com/21abv5x.jpg[/IMG]
i1magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2012, 02:29 PM   #264

Wah! Now the link shows SGD$380 liao.

Most important part is the panel, the rest are important but secondary.

The screen leans forward but you can tilt it back right? Possible to take picture and show?
yeah my bad. realised that i didnt screw the stand in properly. it also can be tilted, but need alot of force. yeah i bought at $380, but apply $5 coupon. if you have $10 coupon can apply also.
justdaryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2012, 03:01 PM   #265
Arch-Supremacy Member

yeah my bad. realised that i didnt screw the stand in properly. it also can be tilted, but need alot of force. yeah i bought at $380, but apply $5 coupon. if you have $10 coupon can apply also.
Yah, do check how you assembled it. Yes, the purposely make it tight, if not, your screen will slowly slide down over time.

How can we get the $$ coupon? I am considering to get the Crossover panel with Pivot stand @ SGD$463 :

Computer / Laptop - CROSSOVER 27 27Q LED-P PIVOT DVI-D S-IPS 2560 x 14...

But I am seriously considering to just get the same one you gotten .... and save $83 each!!

Old 22-04-2012, 03:38 PM   #266

Yah, do check how you assembled it. Yes, the purposely make it tight, if not, your screen will slowly slide down over time.

How can we get the $$ coupon? I am considering to get the Crossover panel with Pivot stand @ SGD$463 :

Computer / Laptop - CROSSOVER 27 27Q LED-P PIVOT DVI-D S-IPS 2560 x 14...

But I am seriously considering to just get the same one you gotten .... and save $83 each!!
if getting crossovers ebay shld be cheaper. for coupon can collect gstamps and exchange to coupon or sometimes they will randomly give out free coupons!

the specks of dust are quite bothersome though, thinking of taking the glass apart to clean it, but scared crack. there are a few pieces of dust that are very obvious, much bigger than a dead pixel. if you scared dust can get the lite version, save $10 someore.
justdaryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2012, 05:29 PM   #267
Arch-Supremacy Member

if getting crossovers ebay shld be cheaper. for coupon can collect gstamps and exchange to coupon or sometimes they will randomly give out free coupons!

the specks of dust are quite bothersome though, thinking of taking the glass apart to clean it, but scared crack. there are a few pieces of dust that are very obvious, much bigger than a dead pixel. if you scared dust can get the lite version, save $10 someore.
Oh, you gotten the one with tempered glass. The cheapest Crossover with pivot I found on eBay is about USD$380/pc, which is about SGD$500. So Gmarket apparently is still cheaper.

Old 22-04-2012, 06:01 PM   #268

So far my red-cap was very very responsive over every messages I've sent and my Crossover albeit one particular Bright pixel was working right out of the box even after fixing up with Eyeinfinity one MSI 5770 HAWK.

One thing though, BIOS don't show up, only until windows logon then finally it would show on the Crossover monitor.
Old 22-04-2012, 10:02 PM   #269

hi im thinking of getting shimian or or crossover but i think am leaning more to shimian cos its cheaper and will possibly hav defects so get cheaper on less heart pain. any ideas wheres the cheaper website to get it?
whyalwaysme? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2012, 10:40 PM   #270

hi im thinking of getting shimian or or crossover but i think am leaning more to shimian cos its cheaper and will possibly hav defects so get cheaper on less heart pain. any ideas wheres the cheaper website to get it?

According to the guys at overclock.net, for the Shimian, you can message the seller and tell them you will pay them extra to open up and check to give you a defect free panel.

Some of them even sell monitors labeled as 'pixel perfect' as monitors which are inspected before.
runeseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.