[Monitor] Crossover IPS LCD 27 inches

helloicanseeu

Reaction score
definitely not worth it to carry it yourself .... bulky stuff, unless u are body builder type. costs next to nothing with shipping included when bought from ebay.

Teng Zai

Reaction score
Hey guys thanks for all the help. Going to bite the bullet and purchase the Crossover 27Q from AW Gmarket today.
Do I need to do any special requests? I've heard people asking for a different PCB etc in Overclocked forums.
Is it necessary?

I Not Stupid Idiot

Reaction score
i'm running a old GTS250. would connecting the monitor to it overload it and kill it faster? not intending to game though..probably basic web and office usage, with video watching

Masharno Wolfe

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey all, my shiman 27" 1440p monitor back in Jan, and its dead now. Using it one fine day and screen flickered and went blank. Changed cables still same issue. Graphics card confirm working.

Windows detects it when I plug it in, I can set it as primary monitor but nothing happen.

Does anyone know how to resolve the issue or do I have to suck thumb and buy a new monitor?

Teng Zai

Reaction score
Hey all, my shiman 27" 1440p monitor back in Jan, and its dead now. Using it one fine day and screen flickered and went blank. Changed cables still same issue. Graphics card confirm working.

Windows detects it when I plug it in, I can set it as primary monitor but nothing happen.

Does anyone know how to resolve the issue or do I have to suck thumb and buy a new monitor?

I have zero knowledge on these but I think the people on OC forums can help you better than here(faster response, huge user base).

In other news.... I've finally bit the bullet and ordered a Crossover 27Q standard.
Thanks all bro's who aid me in making this decision and answering my qns!

Teng Zai

Reaction score
i think you could have gotten the 27QD which is the same price but with speakers?

or am i wrong? :s22::s22:

With speaker is cheaper actually.. But its because the one with speaker use plastic frame instead of metal frame on the one without speaker. Also I think it is reviewed that the speakers are quite bad quality. So end up the one with speakers not selling very well so its same/cheaper price.

Teng Zai

Reaction score
Received my Crossover 27Q today! Took only three days from order date.
Some pictures here, taken with iPhone 5, no edits or software whatsoever and I am no way near a decent photo taker =:p

Since I can only post 8 pics max, so I'll cut down on some.

Here's the package, bubble wrap outside even!
O297XNN.jpg

Un-boxed it. Very secure holdings inside to ensure safe monitor delivery.
5kgt2z3.jpg

First look
EJqVpQm.jpg

After firing it up (Pardon lousy cable management)
dNqreTI.jpg

N5PBUHB.jpg

So after some usage, decided to try and look for dead pixels. Took some effort but found one (I think?) Hardly noticeable at all and compared to what I thought a dead pixel would be like... this is totally nothing at all. Also, luckily its at the very corner. Here's a picture! (Note that its very very close-up to let you see the dead pixel, if not its literally unnoticeable if you sit at least 30cm away from your monitor)

xj7zewO.jpg

(Its the dark one. The magenta-looking one is just dust.)

Build quality is fair, but superb for it's price. Metal frame and sturdy, however the tilt not very easy to adjust. Regardless, people ordering the non-pivot version shouldn't find themselves having to adjust the monitor occasionally.

No heat issues and it came with a green PCB. The power brick is as cool as it can get, regardless of the many issues people have been complaining about it!

Very happy with my purchase and hope it will last as long as it can :o

Cheers to all who helped me in deciding this awesome monitor!

Last edited:

tangbee

Reaction score
Hi TZ, how do you find the monitor's brightness? Does the glare bothering you when surfing internet or working on white background? I noticed the brightness is somehow unbearable even tuned to minimum setting, wondering if you have other methods to reduce the brightness setting further.

Teng Zai

Reaction score
Hi TZ, how do you find the monitor's brightness? Does the glare bothering you when surfing internet or working on white background? I noticed the brightness is somehow unbearable even tuned to minimum setting, wondering if you have other methods to reduce the brightness setting further.

Glare/Reflectivity is not much of a problem to me because I don't sit near a window and light source is directly above instead of towards the screen. Also, I notice the 'gloss' is not as 'extreme' (?) as some other monitors (comparing with my Lenovo laptop, I actually don't visually feel there is any gloss in my Crossover at all.

Brightness wise, the lowest is probably just nice although admittedly it would be better if I could lower it down even more by just about 5-10%. So yeah people should take note this monitor's brightness adjustment is on the higher end.

I think you can lower the brightness down with some software although I haven't really tried them. A quick Google search brings me to the softwares 'Display Tuner' and 'Dimmer' which seem to be the best.

Display Tuner
http://www.nelsonpires.com/software/dimmer/

tangbee

Reaction score
Thanks TZ. For those who like to adjust the brightness level further, can tried out software DimScreen 1.1, which works perfectly on my 27Q, sw itself does not require installation, quite easy to use. What i did was pre-set the dimming level and allow it to auto start-up once window logged on; moreover it allow user to customise short-cut key to inc/dec the dimming level.

Teng Zai

Reaction score
Thanks TZ. For those who like to adjust the brightness level further, can tried out software DimScreen 1.1, which works perfectly on my 27Q, sw itself does not require installation, quite easy to use. What i did was pre-set the dimming level and allow it to auto start-up once window logged on; moreover it allow user to customise short-cut key to inc/dec the dimming level.

Thanks for sharing, might try this out. The key-binds for increasing and decreasing brightness seems like a pretty nice feature!
Anyway I switched color profiles to some recommended on OC.net, it's a little dimmer now and the color should be better (or so, they say), although my eyes cant tell the difference except it being slightttttttly dimmer :s22:

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not sure if I should get the Crossover 27Led standard or pixel perfect edition. Is it worth purchasing pixel perfect? Is it even worth the risk to buy a crossover monitor in the first place? I suck so bad at making decisions.

I definitely cannot afford a well branded 2550x1440 ress monitor, so it's either the Crossover 27 standard or pixel perfect or one(maybe two) 24" Dell Ultrasharp monitor.

Decisions decisions decisions... What would you guys do in my position? :(

I gotten 2 x CrossOver with Pivot.

Seriously speaking ... just go for the normal ones without pixel perfect will do. Trust me ... it is quite hard to find the dead pixel.

But after getting 2 x 27" ... I somehow feel that it would be better to get 3 x 24" instead.

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
how much power consumption? anybody cared to measure.
does the back of the monitor feels warm?

When running about 65W-70W, sleep mode about 1W.

Back of monitor doesn't feel warm and do keep the power adapter cool would be a good practice.

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Trying contacting the seller, they may do repair for you if you pay for the shipping of the item back to them.

Another way is to find somebody to troubleshoot and identify the faulty parts. Email the seller for the faulty parts replacement .. then replace can liao.

If I am not wrong, there are only 2 or 3 component behind. Somebody here did managed to DIY repair.

Last edited:

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
RIP my crossover :s22:
exactly 3mths of usage
last night my 27Q LED screen flickered for a bit.. when i power on today the screen is black. it recognises the signal from my graphic card since it changed to blue colour. I tested it with another monitor on the same port, it works fine but not the Crossover.

exact same problem as this. dead backlight
people who are deciding whether to get this monitor pls take note.. quite a common issue when i googled

Is your problem like what show in the Youtube video?

You may want to contact the guy who posted this problem also.

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
doubt its the power supply. Either the pcb board or backlight (although it would be strange for all the backlights to fail at the same time). Both you're going to have problems finding in Singapore unless you can strip another Crossover or get the seller to ship it over to you.

What you can try to check is power on the monitor with a signal and flash a torchlight on the screen. If you can see the faint ghosting of the screen display (it'll be very dim) that means the pcb board can still out put display but something is wrong with either the backlight or the signal to the backlight.

By the way, if your warranty doesn't pull through or the seller makes you jump through hoops, I may want to purchase the monitor for spare parts just in case.

Sorry to hear. These things run hot and you know heat is the death of electronics. Also could be the crappy power adapter providing a fluctuating voltage current which will also burn out components quickly. When it gets hot (tested by heating the adapter on my heatsink), the voltage jumps a bit according to my multimeter. The adapter is a pure POS.

But do bear in mind considering the number of people who have bought, not that many people have flooded into this forum reporting problems. People with Dell's 27" and Samsung 27" also have lemons but they get replaced quickly with onsite repair/replacement so they kick up less of a fuss.

A lot of the issues with no signals etc, dead screens were adapter issues, people not using the dual dvi slot or not flicking the switch on Radeon cards.

@wisperknot

yes you are right.. flashing a torchlight makes the words visible on the screen.. i cant notice it at all without torchlight . i'll wait for the seller's reply before deciding whether to sell it or not. thanks for your reply! :)

Good advice from wisperknot.

If u can see your pc wallpaper using the torchlight test that indicates that the signal/logic board is working. It could be problem with the power board or inverter board.

Hope u will get a replacement set from ur seller

Please try the method that was suggested by the people.

If you can see the content on the screen with torchlight ... means only the PCB is spoilt or maybe open contact at the connection.

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just received the replacement pcb today

gLplM.jpg

5utaD.jpg

the board and shipping is free. but ive paid 95usd to AW previously before i proposed about asking the manufacturer about the led driver board. so yeah.. gonna ask them to return it back. waste paypal fees :s22:

edit: i have added a 12cm fan behind to provide cooling for the monitor. dafaq :s13:

Did you have a picture of how it looks like after opening?

How many PCBs are there?

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Glare/Reflectivity is not much of a problem to me because I don't sit near a window and light source is directly above instead of towards the screen. Also, I notice the 'gloss' is not as 'extreme' (?) as some other monitors (comparing with my Lenovo laptop, I actually don't visually feel there is any gloss in my Crossover at all.

Brightness wise, the lowest is probably just nice although admittedly it would be better if I could lower it down even more by just about 5-10%. So yeah people should take note this monitor's brightness adjustment is on the higher end.

I think you can lower the brightness down with some software although I haven't really tried them. A quick Google search brings me to the softwares 'Display Tuner' and 'Dimmer' which seem to be the best.

Display Tuner
Dimmer - Screen brightness reduction utility for LCD/TFT/LED monitors

I have search and found this one ...

BlackOut screen dimmer |

This one has multi monitor support.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.