HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Monitor losing signal from PC

Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2012, 11:27 PM   #1

Monitor losing signal from PC

I am using a 3.5 year old Samsung Syncmaster T-240. Lately, my monitor seems to be losing signal from my PC. The screen would black out and the monitor will attempt to cycle through all signal sources (I am using HDMI). Eventually it will pick up the HDMI signal again for a few seconds only to black out again, repeating the process.

I've tested the monitor with my laptop (using a DVI connection) and the same problem occurs. I suppose it is safe to conclude the problem is with the monitor and not my PC / video card?

Is it worthwhile repairing the monitor? Or should I just get a new one? Any advice appreciated. Thank you.
viNcee87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 11:45 PM   #2
Arch-Supremacy Member

If beyond 3 years, get new one.
jtjt00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 01:16 AM   #3

I am using a 3.5 year old Samsung Syncmaster T-240. Lately, my monitor seems to be losing signal from my PC. The screen would black out and the monitor will attempt to cycle through all signal sources (I am using HDMI). Eventually it will pick up the HDMI signal again for a few seconds only to black out again, repeating the process.

I've tested the monitor with my laptop (using a DVI connection) and the same problem occurs. I suppose it is safe to conclude the problem is with the monitor and not my PC / video card?

Is it worthwhile repairing the monitor? Or should I just get a new one? Any advice appreciated. Thank you.
Just get a new one. No point putting up with a faulty monitor, not worth the hassle.
enenyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:10 AM   #4

If u have the cash get a new one..

Btw, does the power light keep stable during the fault?
fyi, done a few of this but different symptom as yours.
Let me know if u letting go this faulty monitor.
bearusdamhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:17 PM   #5

If u have the cash get a new one..

Btw, does the power light keep stable during the fault?
fyi, done a few of this but different symptom as yours.
Let me know if u letting go this faulty monitor.
The power light goes off for a split second when the monitor loses the signal. When the monitor is cycling sources, the light remains stable.
viNcee87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 12:52 AM   #6
Arch-Supremacy Member

i am having the same issue with my dell 27" using displayport cable to my GTX680 4GB graphics card. occasionally getting a message of no signal from pc, monitor going into sleep mode etc immediately on power up. cannot even see windows screen.

anyone knows if this is a displayport issue or the cable is faulty?
cybercom8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 03:07 PM   #7

The power light goes off for a split second when the monitor loses the signal. When the monitor is cycling sources, the light remains stable.
Think the only way is to dissamble and check the power board. looks like it could be unstability there.. the last t240 i did was having a bad smps controller ic and a shorted transistor on the power board. guess what shorted the transistor?.. a dead insect caught between the legs of it. lol
Old 05-10-2012, 03:11 PM   #8

i am having the same issue with my dell 27" using displayport cable to my GTX680 4GB graphics card. occasionally getting a message of no signal from pc, monitor going into sleep mode etc immediately on power up. cannot even see windows screen.

anyone knows if this is a displayport issue or the cable is faulty?
Try another source (laptop, etc) and see whether it is the same or not. or borrow another cable to try...
Old 05-10-2012, 04:52 PM   #9
Arch-Supremacy Member

suspect is in board gt prob, e.g. capacitor problems.
anyway new monitor is quite cheap now....
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.