HE Stress Management Discussion

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info

cybernoname

Reaction score
HE Stress Management Discussion Group 1

Next year, you will be in primary 6. You will be taking your PSLE. Comment and share your thoughts about the article.

Each student is required to answer the following questions:

Question 1: What kind of stress would you possibly face when you are taking PSLE next year?

Question 2: How do you think you will the manage the stress?

Your reply should include the following:

Name: Abby
Register number: 1
Group: 1

Question 1. What kind of stress would you possibly face when you are taking PSLE next year?

Your answer....

Netiquette Guide:
1) Respect other people’s privacy.
2) Please respect you friends opinion.
3) Keep your post simple and polite.
3) No discriminatory comments.

Last edited:

sparkannon

Reaction score
Name: Sabrina
Index No: 10

Question 1:
When taking PSLE next year, the stress that I would possibly face is parents pressure

Question 2:
I understand my parents wants the best from me and make sure I can enter to top school in Singapore. The expectation of my parents is far from what I’m capable to do. Thus by giving me tuition to all subjects is just taxing for me even if I’m doing fine with that particular subject. I should voice out to my parents that I only need tutor for the subjects that I’m weaker in. I just wish they can understand that I need some break too. The other free time I can use it for my leisure as I need time to rest and only then I can concentrate to study.

boylepak

Reaction score
Name: Ron Chiang
Index No: 5

Question 1:
When taking PSLE next year, the stress that I would possibly face is ability to lift up to everyone’s expectation.

Question 2:
All my teachers, parents and peers definitely want the best from me. But too much pressure I’m afraid I might fall one day. I hope they understand that I do want to get best results too by not putting me in much pressurize state. I will divide my time equally to study all topics and all extra activities I will suspend for a while and give my full shot for PSLE. That is when time management is important.

emprath

Reaction score
Name: Chitradevi
Index No: 14

Question 1:
I do agree with Sabrina that pressure from parents is one of the causes of stress. However one the stress that I would also face is peer pressure.

Question 2:

I do agree that it is important to voice out to parents so that they understand how we are feeling.

With regards to peer pressure, there will be time I’m bound with peer pressure. Peer pressure is good, but some are not. I do not want to pressurize myself too much till one day I will break down. Not surprise too if some of my friend are those who didn’t take this PSLE seriously and always want to play. To get influenced by them is possible to if I do not know how to prioritize my studies. I have to juggle my time in studies and time for relaxation.

Last edited:

slurpeenox

Reaction score
Name: June
Index No: 9

Question 1:
When taking PSLE next year, the stress that I would possibly face is from me whether I can perform well or not.

Question 2:
PSLE is very important leap for me. It will determine which stream I go next and so on. I do not want to disappoint my teachers who put in efforts teaching us nor my parents who have high hope on me. I know whatever it is I have to keep trying and always have that never give up spirit. So at the end of the day when I receive my PSLE results I can tell myself I have did my best.

justice58

Reaction score
Name: Aliff
Index No: 16

Question 1:
When taking PSLE next year, the stress that I would possibly face is time management

Question 2:
There will be situation where I have a lot of activities to do. I may have to attend tuition and do a lot of homework. One way to manage this stress is to have proper planning. I will need to have a timetable of my own. In my time table, I will need to manage my time and prioritize my activities. At the same time, I will also set some time for myself to rest and do what I like to do.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.