MOTO G 3G problem

muruku

Reaction score
hi
anyone has 3G mobile data problem on MOTO G?
I bought a Moto G, wifi can use. but when i turn on 3G , it doesn't connect to internet, although the status shows 4 bars.
any ideas?
thanks

Alexz_Hong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi
anyone has 3G mobile data problem on MOTO G?
I bought a Moto G, wifi can use. but when i turn on 3G , it doesn't connect to internet, although the status shows 4 bars.
any ideas?
thanks

Manually key in apn under "Wireless & networks", select more, Mobile networks, and then access point name. Then manually add the apn for your carrier and save. Then select that apn. Data should work now with H+/3G logo.

Are you running 4.3? if not wrong it doesn't automatically pulls the info with 4.3. Updating to 4.4.2 might help.

muruku

Reaction score
Manually key in apn under "Wireless & networks", select more, Mobile networks, and then access point name. Then manually add the apn for your carrier and save. Then select that apn. Data should work now with H+/3G logo.

Are you running 4.3? if not wrong it doesn't automatically pulls the info with 4.3. Updating to 4.4.2 might help.

hi, thanks. i am on 4.4.2 already. my apn i already selected e-ideas.

muruku

Reaction score
So all well and working? :s12:
nope. always can't connect to internet. although when i disable 3G, i can see the "3G" word and a "No entry" sign on the status bar. when i enable 3g, it turns to 4 bars. i also tried switching to the other sim slot. also the same problem.

i am not sure if bringing it down to the service center would help or not. Or should i just do a factory reset? or even root it . sigh

Last edited:

Alexz_Hong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
nope. always can't connect to internet. although when i disable 3G, i can see the "3G" word and a "No entry" sign on the status bar. when i enable 3g, it turns to 4 bars. i also tried switching to the other sim slot. also the same problem.

i am not sure if bringing it down to the service center would help or not. Or should i just do a factory reset? or even root it . sigh

perhaps try another apn? for singtel you can use the apn "internet" instead of "e-ideas"?
Name: SingTel
APN: internet

Also can check that mobile data is on and is set to the correct sim card slot?

muruku

Reaction score
perhaps try another apn? for singtel you can use the apn "internet" instead of "e-ideas"?
Name: SingTel
APN: internet

Also can check that mobile data is on and is set to the correct sim card slot?

hi thanks also the same. Under bearer, I have three options. Lte, ehrpd, unspecified. I tried all three as well. I even tried factory reset. I think 4.4.2 got bug. What else can you recommend? Got the urge to try down grading. Dang

Last edited:

Alexz_Hong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi thanks also the same. Under bearer, I have three options. Lte, ehrpd, unspecified. I tried all three as well. I even tried factory reset. I think 4.4.2 got bug. What else can you recommend? Got the urge to try down grading. Dang

I'm out of ideas then, maybe others can help. Normally it's just setting and selecting apn and data should work. Maybe you can try going back to where you bought the device from and ask for help there.

rty

Reaction score
Definitely APN setting is not right. Just call Singtel helpline. They should know what to do.

muruku

Reaction score
Definitely APN setting is not right. Just call Singtel helpline. They should know what to do.

yes, called and guided step by step. but still the same. although i can see the bars, but cannot browse with chrome. google play store also says no connection.

i need to go service center. may i know where the service center is now? or just bring to funan?

rty

Reaction score
As Alexz_Hong advised, bring it back to the shop where you bought it may be the best option.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.