Moto X Play

zook09

Reaction score
The specs seem appealing with a monster of a battery.
Positioned as a more affordable variant of the Moto X Style, Motorola focuses on the battery aspect in the Moto X Play. It has a smaller 5.5-inch 1080p display and a whopping 3,630mAh battery for an estimated 48 hours of mixed use!

The Moto X Play is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 1.7GHz processor, 2GB RAM and Android 5.1.1 Lollipop. It is available in two storage options of 16GB and 32GB with microSD expansion up to 128GB. It is also equipped with the same imaging hardware - a 21-megapixel f/2.0 rear camera and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera though 4K video recording capability is absent.
http://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/tech-news-motorola-unveils-moto-g-2015-moto-x-style-and-moto-x-play

But any chance of getting this locally with warranty?
Will it be worth buying with the kind of crap service they have here ?
how come Moto never consider Sg as good market ? too much apple and samsung ?

Last edited:

klho001

Reaction score
how come Moto never consider Sg as good market ? too much apple and samsung ?

Lol the days I was rolling with the Moto X, everyone gave me blank stares when they hear the brand I'm using-- "Motorola? They still make phones??"

zook09

Reaction score
Lol the days I was rolling with the Moto X, everyone gave me blank stares when they hear the brand I'm using-- "Motorola? They still make phones??"

I actually bought the first Moto G when it was released here about an year or two back. I find it was good and reliable at that price point.
But seen some threads about the horrible after sales service they have here, which is making me worry.
Expansys also selling it with 12 mth warranty, so that could be an option.

But I am curious - it says it has 1 normal SIM slot and another hybrid SIM/SD card slot. does it mean this slot can either take a SIM or an SD card ?
so if i do want to use an SD card, this would be a single SIM phone for me ? I need to use 2 SIMs. :s11:

scourge

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I actually bought the first Moto G when it was released here about an year or two back. I find it was good and reliable at that price point.
But seen some threads about the horrible after sales service they have here, which is making me worry.

But I am curious - it says it has 1 normal SIM slot and another hybrid SIM/SD card slot. does it mean this slot can either take a SIM or an SD card ?
so if i do want to use an SD card, this would be a single SIM phone for me ? I need to use 2 SIMs. :s11:

I think it means the SIM card tray can hold both SIM and micro SD card at the same time... At least that is what I get from the internet...

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

eX-treme

Reaction score
Anyone know where to get their hands on this beast !?! Seriously she's tempting man....

Alexz_Hong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
http://www.axhng.sg/2015/11/quick-look-at-lenovo-moto-x-play.html?m=1

I had it for a short while. Not a very impressive phone. On paper looks okay but software is sluggish compared to the OnePlus X, and that's cheaper.

Battery is big, but poor optimisation means average battery life. Not to mention no quick charger, and the included charger is slow.

Hardware wise it lacks gyroscope too which is inexcusable for a phone in this category.

In my hands on I said the camera was "best in class", but that was before the Nexus 5X came out. Not that much more money, but much better camera.

Considering you have to import it yourself, its not worth the trouble if you ask me. Some of the above "could" be fixed with MM update, but the lack of gyroscope, and quick charging can't be.

The Moto X Style is a better buy if you like Moto phones like I do.

Sent from Motorola XT1575 using GAGT

eX-treme

Reaction score
On average how long the battery life for you last...
And what kinda of usage did u do with ?!

http://www.axhng.sg/2015/11/quick-look-at-lenovo-moto-x-play.html?m=1

I had it for a short while. Not a very impressive phone. On paper looks okay but software is sluggish compared to the OnePlus X, and that's cheaper.

Battery is big, but poor optimisation means average battery life. Not to mention no quick charger, and the included charger is slow.

Hardware wise it lacks gyroscope too which is inexcusable for a phone in this category.

In my hands on I said the camera was "best in class", but that was before the Nexus 5X came out. Not that much more money, but much better camera.

Considering you have to import it yourself, its not worth the trouble if you ask me. Some of the above "could" be fixed with MM update, but the lack of gyroscope, and quick charging can't be.

The Moto X Style is a better buy if you like Moto phones like I do.

Last edited:

Alexz_Hong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
On average how long the battery life for you last...
And what kinda of usage did u do with ?!

I only had a short time with it. But average I got was 4.5 hours of SOT or so only. Which is decent but not as good as one would expect from a lower resolution screen, lower end processor, and huge battery. The Note 5 (3000mah) lasted just as long or longer at around 4.5-5 hours SOT, and that's with more powerful specs, and QHD display. The Moto X style lasts me like 4 hour SOT on average which is decent considering the spec bump over the Play.

eX-treme

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback gonna cancel my order and go for Nexus 5X
Around the same price and for better camera quality.... Just need to get use to changing moto display to ambient display / moto display to using fingerprint reader haha.... Any brothers here / your friends having 5X can share some SOT reviews ? Will head to Official 5X thread too anw... =)

Really wanna get a Pure... But abit over my budget...
My Moto X 1st gen is giving me hell loads of problem ever since it updated to Android L... Pain in the ass... Overheating... Shortage of battery 1hr just messaging etc consume like 20% crazy....

I only had a short time with it. But average I got was 4.5 hours of SOT or so only. Which is decent but not as good as one would expect from a lower resolution screen, lower end processor, and huge battery. The Note 5 (3000mah) lasted just as long or longer at around 4.5-5 hours SOT, and that's with more powerful specs, and QHD display. The Moto X style lasts me like 4 hour SOT on average which is decent considering the spec bump over the Play.

I'm suggest X Style better. Somehow battery life on X Play not as good as on paper.

Sent from Motorola X Style / Pure Edition using GAGT

Last edited:

Alexz_Hong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback gonna cancel my order and go for Nexus 5X
Around the same price and for better camera quality.... Just need to get use to changing moto display to ambient display / moto display to using fingerprint reader haha.... Any brothers here / your friends having 5X can share some SOT reviews ? Will head to Official 5X thread too anw... =)

Really wanna get a Pure... But abit over my budget...
My Moto X 1st gen is giving me hell loads of problem ever since it updated to Android L... Pain in the ass... Overheating... Shortage of battery 1hr just messaging etc consume like 20% crazy....

Had the 5X too and the SOT I get around 3-3.5 or so on average while I had it. Moto display still works better than ambient display, I just turned it off on the Nexus 5X and 6P cause too unreliable for me. Definitely 5X over the Moto X Play for me, better specs too.

But my personal choice would still be the Moto X Pure over the the Nexus 5X. Hahaha.

eX-treme

Reaction score
Of cause bro... i totally dig Pure as i wanna the old Moto X 1st gen when it first release before Lollipop updates it still have all the wave gesture to wake up the phone to see the activate notification...
For 5X its like a trade i suppose... The quick response in finger print reader for moto display... its a trade off and the lock phone voice control will be missed ! Hahaha...

Had the 5X too and the SOT I get around 3-3.5 or so on average while I had it. Moto display still works better than ambient display, I just turned it off on the Nexus 5X and 6P cause too unreliable for me. Definitely 5X over the Moto X Play for me, better specs too.

But my personal choice would still be the Moto X Pure over the the Nexus 5X. Hahaha.

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi anyone ordered from Flipkart before? Is it free shipping to Singapore and how's the warranty like? Thanks.

Copy & Paste from Flipkart website:

Does Flipkart deliver internationally?

As of now, Flipkart doesn't deliver items internationally.

You will be able to make your purchases on our site from anywhere in the world with credit/debit cards issued in India and 21 other countries, but please ensure the delivery address is in India.

Link: http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...com/s/help/shipping+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=sg

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.