S$248 Moto G Vs S$169 Redmi In Cheapo Smartphone Price War

Moto G cut price liao to S$248

tomorrow will drop below S$200?

keekeekee :s22:

Last edited:

BlitzStryker

Master Member
Reaction score
Think won't drop too much. Usd179 for 8gb and usd199 for 16gb if buy from Motorola USA. 8gb pricing ard sgd 230 without shipping and tax.

So anymore discounts is quite cutthroat for the shop. Now only earning $13/phone nia..

jellyb

Reaction score
amazon price is not necessarily retailer cost maybe they buy in at much cheaper price

twentytwoeighty

Reaction score
Redmi:
+microSD
+cheaper
-Stuck at 4.2.2
-Screen not bonded to glass
-Lousier SoC

Moto G:
+LCD bonded to glass
+better SoC
-more ex
-no microSD

BlitzStryker

Master Member
Reaction score
amazon price is not necessarily retailer cost maybe they buy in at much cheaper price

Only local distro brightstar will have distro pricing, the other retailers who get stocks from them will have to buy at near Amazon price.

xuan87

Reaction score
Redmi also have removable battery and only cost $9.90 to replace it. :)

I bought a 16gb Moto G before the Redmi price was announced but if I have to choose between the Redmi and the 8gb Moto G, I will probably still go for the Moto G. After reading the Redmi review on HWZ, the Mediatek SOC seems really bad and is a deal breaker for me. Plus no 4.4 and no stock android....

I heard that the Redmi might comes with Snapdragon 400 in the near future with a small price increase. If it comes with 4.4 too, then to me at least, it will be a much closer fight and I might go for Redmi instead.

Need more user reviews for Redmi first before I can feel confident about getting it.

Spirax

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Spec with Moto G with Redmi
Xiaomi Redmi - A Budget Phone with Endless Customization - HardwareZone.com.sg

Good integration of MIUI V5
Redmi_Review_SG_Theme_1__3_.png

Good camera, Marco shot are good
redmimacro_a.jpg

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.