Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-11-2012, 02:39 PM   #16
High Supremacy Member

This movie like not much promo...
Adi Dassler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2012, 05:37 PM   #17

This movie like not much promo...
No matter. Good words-of-mouth will spread.
Da_Face likes this.
Jerry007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2012, 12:58 AM   #18
Arch-Supremacy Member

Caught the show today.

One of the best and most entertaining logical show for the year, but not without some loopholes. Well, maybe Argo is based on a different time era....

Kinda disappointed about the Hollywood part and the lack of it in the movie, though it has been heavily promoted in the trailer.

Good show but not a Oscar contender, IMHO.
gooifier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2012, 09:05 AM   #19

Caught the show today.

One of the best and most entertaining logical show for the year, but not without some loopholes. Well, maybe Argo is based on a different time era....

Kinda disappointed about the Hollywood part and the lack of it in the movie, though it has been heavily promoted in the trailer.

Good show but not a Oscar contender, IMHO.
Movie should not be a satire about Hollywood. The focus should still be on the man who came up with the idea and how he managed to rally the Hollywood power players to help the eventual rescue mission.

It's a very well-made movie with such attention to detail, excellent performances and a script that stirs your emotions not seen since All The President's Men and In The Name Of The Father. Furthermore, it demonstrates Ben Affleck's maturity as a filmmaker. So I guess yes, it has a shot at Oscar this year.
ExK likes this.

Last edited by Jerry007; 18-11-2012 at 09:58 AM..
Old 18-11-2012, 01:19 PM   #20
Arch-Supremacy Member

Movie should not be a satire about Hollywood. The focus should still be on the man who came up with the idea and how he managed to rally the Hollywood power players to help the eventual rescue mission.

It's a very well-made movie with such attention to detail, excellent performances and a script that stirs your emotions not seen since All The President's Men and In The Name Of The Father. Furthermore, it demonstrates Ben Affleck's maturity as a filmmaker. So I guess yes, it has a shot at Oscar this year.
I do agree the movie does keep you glued to the seat...esp coming to the finale part.

However, once me and my SO left the cinema (considering my SO is the type of person who is not into details), she asked me some questions in relations to some of the scenes which she tot to be hard to understand and sounded illogical.

Of coz, I am not a CIA expert so some questions I cant really answer. But there were one or 2 qns which really worth pondering. I am not going to share at this point of time to prevent spoilers. Perhaps these loopholes are there for the sake of dramatization.
gooifier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2012, 07:51 PM   #21

Let's up this thread to help spread good words of mouth.
Old 29-11-2012, 10:50 PM   #22
Supremacy Member

"ARGO frak yourself!"

"I'm getting a lifetime achievement award. Of course I'd rather stay home and count the wrinkles on my dog's balls."

Preacher1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 12:18 AM   #23
Arch-Supremacy Member

Caught it the other day.

Loved it! It starts with a little history lesson that doesn't leave the viewer confused and sets up the film well. In the middle I felt the pacing slowed down a little, but the show picks up quickly enough not to make it drag, and it was all worth it for the really tense climax.

It was cool that they recreated the iconic scenes (such as the protests) as shown at the credits reel, though understandably they can't be 100% historically accurate as it's after all, a Hollywood movie. The attention to detail is still a very nice touch, though.

Also especially love the scenes with Alan Arkin and John Goodman for reasons stated above by Preacher1010

9/10 from me
Old 02-12-2012, 01:46 PM   #24
Supremacy Member

I still haevn't had time to watch this even though I won the contest... hopefully I can do so tomorrow.
Deunamist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 12:55 PM   #25
Supremacy Member

Oh wow, I loved ARGO so much. Excellent script, great acting and cinematography and a fantastic attention to period detail. Though it is not a 100% accurate depiction of the true story (as all movies based on real life usually are), Ben Affleck is undeniably growing well as a filmmaker. I was especially thrilled at the look and fashion of the late 70s/early 80s USA/Iran, which they managed to achieve extremely well, IMO. I was not born in that time period, but the dialogue and delivery of the actors managed to transport me back to a time in which I never experienced. That, to me, is the beauty of filmmaking.

One thing I'm still unsure of anyway, even as a non-smoker.. In those days, you actually could smoke on the plane meh? Lol.

P.S. thanks HWZ for the tickets!
ExK likes this.

Last edited by Deunamist; 05-12-2012 at 02:44 PM..
Old 09-02-2013, 07:53 PM   #26
Greater Supremacy Member

in these day when enterinng a muslim airspace, alcohol will be removed ?

just watch this movie pretty good. a subtle way to rescue the hostage.

if me, knn, send in my best special ops troop and kill those muthafarkes.

It's a word that describes a person who is strong enough to enjoy life alone.
Swordsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 01:21 AM   #27
Supremacy Member

yeah but in that way, you risk starting a war. notice not a single bullet was fired in the whole Argo film.
Old 10-02-2013, 02:21 AM   #28

yeah but in that way, you risk starting a war. notice not a single bullet was fired in the whole Argo film.
Exactly what I loved about this thriller.

Brilliant stuff from Affleck.
Old 10-02-2013, 02:36 AM   #29
Greater Supremacy Member

im chaos mode

he is stealth mode.

It's a word that describes a person who is strong enough to enjoy life alone.
Swordsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 02:04 PM   #30
High Supremacy Member

just watched argo too... very nice... it shows that u don't need plenty of explosives... CGI... gunfire and gongfu actions to make an exciting movie..!

regards,
wacky
wackykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.