HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Housekeeping in MovieMania...please read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-08-2006, 12:19 PM   #1
High Supremacy Member

Exclamation Housekeeping in MovieMania...please read

Hi all,

Movie Mania has had a decent stream of posters and readers and in due course, I think that there is some topic fragmentation around. This may have been the result of enthusiatic members who want to bring up something interesting to talk about. It takes time and considerable effort to identify duplicated threads to erm...normalise them, if you know what I mean.

What I would like to suggest for the members here is to help out by doing a little search before making a post, to see if there are similar topics and add your contents to the existing threads instead of starting one of your own. This will help keep this forum neater.

Do note that this is a public space shared by all, so everyone benefits from the small effort by each other. I would like to keep this place cosy and friendly for everyone and I believe that actual intervention by my hand can be kept to a minimal. Like in movies, I would rather keep the "Deus Ex Machina" out of the picture as much as possible.

Thanks for taking note.

LiquidShaDow
Old 27-08-2006, 08:27 PM   #2
ExK
Arch-Supremacy Member

very sorry, but what is a Duex Ex Machina? ...
ExK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2006, 11:53 PM   #3
Master Member

very sorry, but what is a Duex Ex Machina? ...
Basically saying that he doesn't want to have to interfere with threads/posts here. 'Deus ex machina' aka 'god from the machine' is a term used in literature whereby the author uses some 'tools' like a storm/freakish occurances to save the day/hero/heroine/etc.........or some crap like that! Boils down to the author playing god...or being 'godlike' as in the case of mods/admin.
Gaminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2006, 08:33 AM   #4
ExK
Arch-Supremacy Member

thanks gaminator guess I really must read more hehe
Old 03-09-2006, 04:57 PM   #5
Supremacy Member

Deus ex Machina appears in The Matrix Revolutions.
bozq2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 06:26 AM   #6

How come some of the mods dump movie-related threads here from EDMW and then never merge similar threads?
Jerry007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 10:46 AM   #7

How come some of the mods dump movie-related threads here from EDMW and then never merge similar threads?
Maybe the MODs from EDMW can help to merge similar threads after dumping movie-related threads here. If not, this will contradict to the housekeeping rules in MovieMania.
Old 07-06-2007, 11:21 AM   #8
High Supremacy Member

Maybe the MODs from EDMW can help to merge similar threads after dumping movie-related threads here. If not, this will contradict to the housekeeping rules in MovieMania.
I don't know if they even read this sticky.
Old 10-06-2007, 12:10 AM   #9

I don't know if they even read this sticky.
Sorry, but what is the meaning of "sticky"? I read it in Wikipedia but still don't understand.
chewingyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2007, 09:06 AM   #10
High Supremacy Member

Sorry, but what is the meaning of "sticky"? I read it in Wikipedia but still don't understand.
Are you mocking me?
Old 15-06-2007, 10:22 PM   #11
ExK
Arch-Supremacy Member

sticky means a thread that's put permanently at the top of a forum to serve as a reminder or the first thing to read for newbies.
Old 13-11-2007, 06:21 AM   #12

How come recently so many spam but no mod?
Old 15-01-2008, 09:11 AM   #13
Master Member

Haizzz...this forum used to be a haven for me to take a break from the activities of EDMW.

Now it seems that bad worms are starting to crawl in and infest moviemania as well.

PS leh Jerry, called u "King of Moviemania", now a certain somebody is using that title to mock you.
Old 22-01-2008, 12:04 PM   #14
Banned

Haizzz...this forum used to be a haven for me to take a break from the activities of EDMW.

Now it seems that bad worms are starting to crawl in and infest moviemania as well.

PS leh Jerry, called u "King of Moviemania", now a certain somebody is using that title to mock you.
Don't forget, I was the first one to give jerry007 a nick - king of MM few years ago after LS. Now he is not fit to be the one!!!!
spielberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2008, 10:03 AM   #15
High Supremacy Member

Let's not turn this sticky thread into an argument. spielberg, it is ok to post topics on movies or related news. Filling the pages with polls is not good because it pushes the other discussion back. I noted you upping your threads too. And from the results, I can see that the polls aren't something that people want.

This sticky is for people to note some of the etiquette when hanging around here. So let me repeat, do not turn this into an argument.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.