Movie review : Star Trek ~~~!!!

appleyum

Banned
Reaction score
Review deleted ....................................

Last edited:

Soulhacker

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tiagong initially the sexpectation from fansee ish si pek poor and low due to the change of helm as the original director go film Star Wars liao. But now suddenly ish see mostly si pek positive the preview. So moi think this one got good chance may not flop, can keep hope up.

wackykid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just fin watching star trek beyond... very good...! best movie i've watched this year...!!! more exciting and funnier than first 2 star trek... although the slightly weaker part is that the villian lacked a bit more depth to his story...

the actions and effects are stunning and very intense... and there is no one bit of the movie that is boring....

also... it's nice to show a tribute to leonard nimroy....

my ratings: 9/10... better than first 2 star trek...

regards,
wacky

Last edited:

coolhead

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The previous star trek movie showed the federation warship shooting at enterprise with phasers and torpedoes while in warp speed. Since when can a federation warship fire weapons while in warp speed? It has to exit warp first. Even all the tv series plus the armored voyager also don't feature this functionality and they anyhow with the added functionality only. When I saw the federation warship fire in warp speed, I was like wtf??? Can like that one meh?

Even the more technologically advanced borg don't fire in warp speed, at most they fire a beam to drain off the power so that the victim ship will eventually not be able to sustain warp power and drop out of warp.

tfkmueh

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The previous star trek movie showed the federation warship shooting at enterprise with phasers and torpedoes while in warp speed. Since when can a federation warship fire weapons while in warp speed? It has to exit warp first. Even all the tv series plus the armored voyager also don't feature this functionality and they anyhow with the added functionality only. When I saw the federation warship fire in warp speed, I was like wtf??? Can like that one meh?

Even the more technologically advanced borg don't fire in warp speed, at most they fire a beam to drain off the power so that the victim ship will eventually not be able to sustain warp power and drop out of warp.

It is stated because of the technology brilliance of Khan who design and build that ship.

Pls note that before human decline and subsequent first contact they are actually technologically advanced, at least of destructive weapon.

The whole ship and only need so little crew also, the reason why they can sneak on board, or flew more correctly.

appleyum

Banned
Reaction score
Tiagong initially the sexpectation from fansee ish si pek poor and low due to the change of helm as the original director go film Star Wars liao. But now suddenly ish see mostly si pek positive the preview. So moi think this one got good chance may not flop, can keep hope up.

Movie is so so only.

I am sure you will watch though to see it for yourself.

:eek::eek::eek:

coolhead

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It is stated because of the technology brilliance of Khan who design and build that ship.

Pls note that before human decline and subsequent first contact they are actually technologically advanced, at least of destructive weapon.

The whole ship and only need so little crew also, the reason why they can sneak on board, or flew more correctly.

i'm a more traditional star trek fan....I'm surprised Khan is more technologically advanced than the borg.

appleyum

Banned
Reaction score
i feel the first one was quite bad. at most 4.5/10 for me.

Then I suggest you better avoid this one. This show is worst then the previous Startrek. The white lady no character development at all. Plot twist not exactly exciting either. This movie is like StarCraft good CGI but the character is hollow loh.

appleyum

Banned
Reaction score
Moi seriously wonder how AMDK can rate this movie until so high.

Seriously overhyped so so show.

wackykid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Moi seriously wonder how AMDK can rate this movie until so high.

Seriously overhyped so so show.

i like ley.... the actions are better and more impressive... and more screen time with the characters... especially with bones and scotty... the first 2 star trek are mostly occupied by kirk and spock and not so much character development with the rest of the crew... and this one is more humorous than first 2 star trek...

the villain here is better and stronger than star trek 1... although i think it is still a weak point of the movie... could have expanded more in the backstory of the villain and how the aliens came to be...

story wise i wasn't so bothered about it as the movie kept me on my edge for most of the time...

regards,
wacky

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.