Please come in and share your experiences in Premiere/Platinium/Gold Class seats/cineams

Dr.Vijay

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Really? Looking at the theater specs they sent before it was opened, I recall the one in Lido is still superior (size-wise).

The JCUBE IMAX was no different from the one at Lido to me.

Dr.Vijay

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
it's actually too bad for couples, because all the seats are designed to be just a single 'selfish' experience sort of chair :p

but yet, it's best to go with a date ;)

Nope, it's not just for couple. You can purchase just onw seat and still enjoy this exclusive movie experience. =)

Dr.Vijay

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Sorry hor, if you want king class, you pay king price.

$30 per ticket isn't a great deal more - subtract the reduced number of seats and they make the somewhat the same amount of money as a normal screen (just ball-parking).

So let's wait for super premium class that charges $100 perhaps and 1 attendant per row :p

doesn't seems to worth the money.. based on wolfie review.

i pay good money, i expect to be treated like a king.

Dr.Vijay

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
For GV Gold Class, you can actually have your food anytime; you can plan to come in a lot earlier and dine @ the lounge, or stuff yourself while watching the movie or after the movie session. If you can want to, you can eat all through as well (before, during and after) :p

Can't comment on the rest cos they are too new and never tried them.
But I've used GV-GC many times.

I am quite sensitive to other patrons feeling around and do not wish to disturb them during the screening. You mean we are supposed to enjoy our food during the screening of the movie? Hmm, ok...then no problem with me...haha.

xfiles_wolvie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if u can choose only 1 out of the 3, GV, shaw and cathay to try which will u? was thinking of going for one of them for the dark knight. :D

CATHAY wins hands down for me...although GV vivo is close...shaw is the last to try.

xfiles_wolvie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually, Dark Knight is the kind of movie to watch in IMAX screen.

However, if you want to get comfy and watch it in comfort (it's a long show after all, so it's more 'value for money'), then pamper yourself! Sit closer like in the middle. Front row is too close and back row doesn't bring you close enough.

ya back row like watching TV....except the TV big TV....:s13:

xfiles_wolvie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For GV Gold Class, you can actually have your food anytime; you can plan to come in a lot earlier and dine @ the lounge, or stuff yourself while watching the movie or after the movie session. If you can want to, you can eat all through as well (before, during and after) :p

Can't comment on the rest cos they are too new and never tried them.
But I've used GV-GC many times.

:vijayadmin: why u keep going to GV-GC? go vivo GC and try...

Dr:vijayadmin: spamming....:s13:

timberland

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ever since i tried gold class when they first launched....i never watch in any normal theathers again. :o

kendoarts

Master Member
Reaction score
ever since i tried gold class when they first launched....i never watch in any normal theathers again. :o

Woah! What an impact on you, and your wallet too. =p

Went for GV Gold Class yesterday again. Service still tip top. Order the GV Max Platter and asked them to split it into two portions as I am sharing with my girlfriend and they glad to do. I'm impressed.

Other than that, it's the usual comfort for me.

xfiles_wolvie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Woah! What an impact on you, and your wallet too. =p

Went for GV Gold Class yesterday again. Service still tip top. Order the GV Max Platter and asked them to split it into two portions as I am sharing with my girlfriend and they glad to do. I'm impressed.

Other than that, it's the usual comfort for me.

bro u got try katong GC? can share if you have?

kendoarts

Master Member
Reaction score
Have anyone tried the new GV All Couple Seat theater?
If yes, how is the seats and theater like? Much more spacious?

The price is just as the same as per a normal ticket right? Correct me if I am wrong.

Rivendell

Reaction score
GV Gold Class, distractions from fellow movie goers?

Asking those who go before.
Since there's ordering of food allowed at any point in the movie, isn't it distracting to see other people moving around during the show?

For someone who wants to get a movie experience that does not have stupid people playing with handphone, or other commotions. Is it going to meet the expectations?

Or is the experience more of a 'atas atas', watching the movie is secondary, the self indulgence being the primary motive kind of thing.
Comments?

kendoarts

Master Member
Reaction score
Go to Shaw Gold class better

Mind sharing how is it better? In comparison with what?

Asking those who go before.
Since there's ordering of food allowed at any point in the movie, isn't it distracting to see other people moving around during the show?

For someone who wants to get a movie experience that does not have stupid people playing with handphone, or other commotions. Is it going to meet the expectations?

Or is the experience more of a 'atas atas', watching the movie is secondary, the self indulgence being the primary motive kind of thing.
Comments?

Nope. If you are talking about waiter/waitress blocking you, fret not. The seats are separately evenly with lots of leg room. Unless them walking along the passageway is enough a distraction for you, then I wouldn't recommend you to pay such amount for a movie in gold class.

This definitely have the luxury of that. Privacy is much better because a couple is clearly within a fixed distance among other couples. However, having said that, I would think normal theaters won't have such huge a distraction even if anyone else is usually using their mobile, before the movie that is.

It is the comfort of watching movie along with the privilege of enjoying your favorite movie along with food that you don't find in normal theaters. Another words, you could be having main course and fill your tummy while watching the movie. No one will hear you slurp your noodles unless you are eating like a 'pig', because the digital sound of that theater is suffice to let your ears ignore those noise.

holidayforever

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
nex%2Bpremiere.jpg

nex%2Bpremiere%2B2.jpg

Shaw

vs

image_310817-gv-gold-class-golden-village-katong.jpg

GV

Shaw is leather reclining seat and smaller cinema so more intimate

el2345

Reaction score
I've been to all 3 (gold class, platinum suite, shaw premier).

Gold class not much of an impression (first one i went) but that was 2 years ago. been to shaw premier once last year and i must say the service is the best out of all 3. you can feel that the manager is genuinely friendly and not just being polite for the sake of it (eg, platinum suites)

platinum suites, been there a few times (birthday free, movie and dinner experience etc). the movie experience was the best because once the movie starts, you dont really care about the service staff anymore. also, their seats and blankets are the most comfortable.

but one thing i really take my hat off to shaw premier is their customer service is really damn good (either that or i was just lucky).

warboy85

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Now I've finally tried Cathay Platinum Suites. Now I shall go into details accordingly.

Pre Movie Ambience (Cathay Platinum Suites)
Both focus on giving exclusivity to their patrons for such price they paid for a movie. Therefore, you may check in earlier and rest at their lounge before the movie. However, this is where the service differentiates.
GV Gold Class: Nice ambience with dimly lit light where you can sit around and browse the menu. Other than that, you're left with the person/people to entertain.
Cathay Platinum Suites: Nice ambience with nicely decorateed interior. They even prodive iPad for patrons. Unfortunately, there's only 1 iPad to go around, so either you reach there early to get it, or you are left with the menu and the person/people you're with. Menu browsing is available as well.

Seat (GV Gold Class)
Both offer spacious and comfortable seats, wide enough to be comparable to an aircraft business class seat. The diffentiating factor is the controls.
GV Gold Class: Leg Rest and body rest portion are controlled seperately, allowing you to adjust accordingly to your needs and wants. They even have a head rest so that your head has enough support so that it won't causes strain to the neck.
Cathay Platinum Suites: Leg Rest and body rest portion are being controlled by just one button. It's just I can't rest my body while not wanting my leg to be stretched flat.

Food (Cathay Platinum Suites)
GV Gold Class: Healthy range of food offered. From beverages to main courses. Most popular good I reckon is their seafood basket. Relatively normal portion. Food is ordinary and price is pricey.
Cathay Platinum Suites: Limited range of food offered. Almost on par with that of GV Gold Class. Price of their food however is cheaper than GV Gold Class, with some even much cheaper than their fair compeitor. Food is yummy although portion are small.

Comfort (Both)
Both did not neglect the comfort while watching movie. It makes you feel as though you are watching your favourite movie at your own home. Therefore, special stuff are provided to ensure comfort
GV Gold Class: Pillows and Blanket are provided for you to ensure you are warmly covered under the air conditioned. Also, a pillow for you to cuddle because the seat are so spacious, all you can do is hold the hands of your partner period, no hanky panky.
Cathay Platinum Suites: Only Blankets are provided which comes in a form of Quilt which is really comfortable. However, no pillow and the spaciousness is basically the same as that of GV Gold Class.

Service (Both)
Paying that kind of price, a high standard of service is definitely expected.
GV Gold Class: The staff is made to ensure they deliver a prompt service. They are also patient to take your orders as and when you want and the whole process of ordering food and payment is made smooth to ensure your experience is not disrupted.
Cathay Platinum Suites: Same as GV Gold Class, staff are trained to service promptly and politely. They were also trained to ask if patrons are first time patron so that they can brief them on the whole environment and process. They also ensure service remain smooth and not disruptive in any moment of the movie experience.

Movie Experience (Both)
Likewise, there is no doubt why both providers are confident to price their exclusive class of ticket at that price because they believe the price can match the experience that they are offering.
GV Gold Class: Red colour is their corporate theme that sit nicely with their branding. Experience were made good and exclusive to ensure consumers feel and stay happy through the entire movie experience. The only bad point is, their trailers are still played just like the normal movie, which is literally a chore at times. Imagine waiting up to 10-15 minutes before your movie can actually commence. Other than that, the rest is near to perfect.
Cathay Platinum Suites: In collaboration with AMEX, they simply could not afford to jeopardise the brand. Heavily supported by Amex, they are out to compete with Gold Class and I must say they did a good job with their Platinum Suites Membership along with their launch. Shouting on their business class seating and experience which they deliver, it's definitely a world of their own. Entire movie experience is wholesome yet exclusive.

In conclusion, I would prefer GV Gold Class primarily because I weigh the comfort of my seat and the flexibility to control the incline more than anything else. Nevertheless, if I had cravings for good and yummy food while having my beloved food, Cathay Platinum Suites would definitely be my choice.

Nevertheless, having said that, I think for these price, it would be better to go along with a movie that runs for at least 100 minutes to make the experience worthwhile. What's the point of paying 2-3 times more just to watch a an hour and a half movie - it's like before you can enjoy the entire movie experience, the movie's over and you've to leave.

On a side note, such movie experience is a good platform for couples because of the way they configure the theaters. If you notice, the configuration of the theater is done in pairs. In another words, it serve as an ideal way for couples to enjoy their movie in the most loving way possible. Also, if families are looking for a quieter moment to enjoy movie together, such movie experience is the way to go.

Hope that helps fellow movie goers.

use amex got wad benefits? n amex as in pure amex or co-bank?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.