Tom Cruise relives death in EDGE OF TOMORROW

Jerry007

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
From comingsoon.net:

Doug Liman has officially signed on to direct All You Need is Kill for Warner Bros. Pictures, reports Variety.

Liman was rumored to be the frontrunner for the project two months ago following the delay and possible cancellation of his Three Musketeers adaptation.

All You Need is Kill will be based on the Japanese novel by Hiroshi Sakurazaka, which is officially described as follows:

There's one thing worse than dying. It's coming back to do it again and again... When the alien Gitai invade, Keiji Kiriya is just one of many raw recruits shoved into a suit of battle armor and sent out to kill. Keiji dies on the battlefield, only to find himself reborn each morning to fight and die again and again. On the 158th iteration though, he sees something different, something out of place: the female soldier known as the B*tch of War. Is the B*tch the key to Keiji's escape, or to his final death?

Previous reports suggested that part of the deal on the Kill script adaptation requires filming to start start immediately and cameras could roll before next spring.

Jerry007

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Here's what director Doug Liman says of this upcoming sci-fi actioner with Tom Cruise.

From collider.com:

Question: Do you know what film you’ll be doing next?

DOUG LIMAN: I’m hoping it’s going to be a film called All You Need is Kill, for Warner Bros. with Tom Cruise. It’s just figuring out everyone’s schedules, and if we can, in fact, do it next.

Question: What drew you to that subject matter? Is it the fact that it’s so unlike anything you’ve done before?

LIMAN: Well, nothing I’ve done is like anything else I’ve done before, so that is one of my criteria. But, I just fell in love with the script. There is no other formula for me, in this business. If I’m not in love with the script, there’s nothing. It doesn’t matter what you give me. It has to start with the script. And, Dante Harper wrote a really cool script that’s unlike anything I’ve ever read. When you can come across a piece of material that’s totally original and fun and completely satisfying, you jump on it.

It’s the same emotions that drew me into I Just Want My Pants Back. It sounds crazy because one’s 20-somethings in Brooklyn, and the other is Tom Cruise battling aliens, but the decision for me comes down to, “Is the material fresh, original, fun, smart, unlike anything I’ve ever seen before, and satisfying?” Usually those things work in opposition to each other. If you do something that’s really original, you discover why everybody else does it the other way, usually. There’s a reason cliches exist, ‘cause they work.

ExK

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
it only started shooting ... it's still a mighty long wait ...

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the exoskeleton looks way too clunky...

spoilt by the one from Elysium lol

Jerry007

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The movie seems to be getting some seriously good reviews. Can't wait.

dmstar

Master Member
Reaction score
The movie seems to be getting some seriously good reviews. Can't wait.

Yup... most of the reviews mentioned that this might be the best action movie that you havent watch..... (too much distractions from godzilla, Xmen, transformers)

cybercom8

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
fast hand fast leg booked lido imax 3D for tonight...quick grab your tix now for this weekend's sneak preview

Providence

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Strangely, the movie has limited timeslots in most of the cinemas on Saturday. :eek:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.