Warcraft: The Beginning Movie Review

appleyum

Banned
Reaction score
give review good la.. but cna put spoiler tag anot :s22:

You welcome thanks for enjoying my movie review. This show makes me feel like watching a Final Fantasy movie too for the battle part, the spell casting part and the castles looks like those from Final Fantasy.

:eek::eek::eek:

Senna Wales

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
not really accurate, the way Medivh died all not accurate -.-

http://blizzardwatch.com/2016/06/14/know-lore-warcraft-movie-streamlined-lore/

I quite agree to many of the changes. I know Medivh supposed to be killed by Khadgar who turns into an ah pek, but this one doesn't change much because Deadwind Pass still chibabomed and Medivh is still dead.

Also one of the most hated plotline was retconned, which is Medivh and Garona, and Med'an. The mind control was also stupid and now it's much more believable.

Bpchua

Reaction score
Think Mannoroth was sent by Kil'jaeden to help in corrupting the rest of the horde when Nerzhul was thinking of betraying the burning legion after he know the deception caused by Kil'jaeden

bakuten

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
when ppl talk abt the guardian's corruption not explained....

can easily compare to lotr Gandalf turning white and then appear out of nowhere.

i doubt his turning white and coming back was explained immediately within 1 movie right? alot of these criticisms is like picking bones in an egg....there's only so much you can squeeze into 2hr movie.

not being a tolkein reader...i was like wtf... when Gandalf returned become white...and also never explain become white means what. See already also blur but just enjoy the show lolx~

last week went back and rewatched LOTR 1 2 3....find that 1 and 2 really sucked when i watched it again...really wondered why dont have that feeling last time when first watched it....other than the super chio Liv Tyler...nothing much worth remembering lolx

Shdwfalcon

Banned
Reaction score
For those who has doubt on ts reviews.

Just to confirm your suspicions, as discussed many times, yes ts is edmw in house worst reviewer.

She rate xmen high due to more actions.
Rate civic war lower due to no powerful last fights and too much talking

Yes, if you need a rotten potato muscle brain rating, please follow her reviews closely.
No powerful last fights doesn't mean the ending cannot have a huge impact to top off the movie.

when ppl talk abt the guardian's corruption not explained....

can easily compare to lotr Gandalf turning white and then appear out of nowhere.

i doubt his turning white and coming back was explained immediately within 1 movie right? alot of these criticisms is like picking bones in an egg....there's only so much you can squeeze into 2hr movie.

not being a tolkein reader...i was like wtf... when Gandalf returned become white...and also never explain become white means what. See already also blur but just enjoy the show lolx~

last week went back and rewatched LOTR 1 2 3....find that 1 and 2 really sucked when i watched it again...really wondered why dont have that feeling last time when first watched it....other than the super chio Liv Tyler...nothing much worth remembering lolx
LotR was overly dramatic. For a 3 x 3hrs movie series, they could have squeezed more development inside, but nooo, they had to drag out all those cut scenes to try to make it look impressive. The pacing, though, was fine.

Sent from a place where the sun don't shine without using GAGT

asd78

Banned
Reaction score
I am not a Warcraft gamer so review is not base on game.

The show is like a lousier version of Lord of The Ring. However the CGI is very impressive especially the spell casting part. Battle scene not bad but nothing exciting.

The acting in this movie also jin jialat one. The actor and actress like dun know how to act one.

Movie jin empty with little plot and very little storyline. The 5 death scene below in Warcraft are all so so no match for Magneto's daughter death scene which is more dramatic. Lack of funny scene and exciting scene too.

- Durotan (father Orc) die after his soul was absorb by the Orc magician during a 1 to 1 combat.

- Durotan wife (Mother Orc) also die after being killed by fella Orc.

- The human general son also die after being killed by Orc.

- Human King kenna killed by half human half orc jie jie

- The human general slice the Orc kkj during a 1 to 1 combat and win

Medivh is like Saruman as he is corrupted by the green magic. So the blue magic he has turn green. This guy can cast impressive spell. Without the special effects from him the movie will fall below 7.8/10.

Watchable but a hollow show with little storyline just like Conjuring 2, Now you see me 2 type but with much better graphics and CGI effect. If you like Conjuring 2, Now you see me 2 movie you should like this as well.

X-men Apocalypse - 8.6/10

Warcraft : 7.8/10

Now you see me 2 : 7.8/10

Civil War : 7.7/10

Conjuring 2 : 7.7/10

Civil wars got more super heroes so rating should be higher according to your fug up logic...

Sent from No Signature Required! using GAGT

appleyum

Banned
Reaction score
Civil wars got more super heroes so rating should be higher according to your fug up logic...

Sent from No Signature Required! using GAGT

I rate Civil War at 7.7/10 only same as Conjuring 2 etc. Only those I rate above 8 is good enough for weekend ticket price. I find Civil War a boring show kindly don't think 7.7/10 is very high score.

Civil War even with the huge amount of super heroes inside also cannot save it and lift it above 8.

Warcraft with the huge amount of CGI gets 7.8/10 only. The weak acting pull down the score. The show is well paced with no boring scene though. So don't think movie with tons of CGI or super heroes I automatically give it above 8 and above.

lycans

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just watched it, now I wanna go watch it again! :s12:

Lok'tar ogar!

lycans

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just caught it today. Damn nice...stuck to the lore and for those who play the games will know the joke when Khadgar turn one of the guard into a sheep:s13:

endlssorrow

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lousy actors actress
Story like didn't end also
Poor ending which confirm will have part 2,3,4 etc
So this part one show Orc won the war right which I tot still got right back or what

endlssorrow

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not really a fan but did really play the game
Think I grade this movie below average abit or 5/10

Unic0rn

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
lol FIGHT! Fight somemore!! Lok'Tar Ogar!!!!!
Wait a minute, i'm Alliance side. FOR THE ALLIANCE!! :s13:
Whaag does Lok'tar ogar! means?
im alliance but i like horde brotherhood, honor, justice and straightforward Lok'tar ogar!!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.