10th year ICT program... Then what?

citaro

Reaction score
January leh :s22:

So this year still have to clear ippt. Next year no need Liao.

I mr this apr. n I still under old ippt scheme last year (12 month windows). My birthday is feb. so till this yr feb is one year n I fail ippt. So suppose to do rt after birthday. So I book rt after birthday but put start date after 1st apr. then 1st April log in ns.sg n it say that i am not eligible for ippt/ipt/rt

citaro

Reaction score
Its in my ns booklet but stated as 1 day mob briefing & 0.5 day medical. They never indicate as low key. Anyway see how lah. As long as i get my MR letter in next work year can liao.

I do find it a bit too good to be true though that a 1 day & 0.5 day call up are considered low key.

Confirm is low key cos my buddy who is short of one low key go ask Nsrc n they confirm that these are consider low key. Last time round (before they give 3k) low key is not important as long as u do at least 7 Hk n they can let u mr. Now die die must have 7 Hk + 10 work years

cct75

Master Member
Reaction score
sorry ah just to check with you on the "NS Men Hotline...no longer liable for IPPT" was your IPPT window fall after your MR date stated on the letter or within? Cos my MR letter state 1st April 2013 and my IPPT window still within does that still liable for IPPT?

My BD is 1st March and I only receive my MR Letter somewhere after March back-dated my MR to March (exact date I forgot liao).

Anyway, I am supposed to receive the so-called MR Certificate "soon" but I doubt I would be bothered to attend the function @ SAFRA Yishun this coming 12th September 1800-2100.

P0TMKILLMAN

Master Member
Reaction score
My BD is 1st March and I only receive my MR Letter somewhere after March back-dated my MR to March (exact date I forgot liao).

Anyway, I am supposed to receive the so-called MR Certificate "soon" but I doubt I would be bothered to attend the function @ SAFRA Yishun this coming 12th September 1800-2100.

wtf y is at night one the function??

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That function maybe the day you collect your MR Cert. No go no cert. Lolz.

cct75

Master Member
Reaction score
Just check your ns booklet at ns.sg. It will show. As long got saf100 issue are consider as call up. Half day event also count as low key.

Your clerk is wrong lah. Need at least 7 Hk n ten call up in total. So can be 7 Hk 3 lk or 8 Hk 2 lk n must fulfill 10 work years. If on one work year call up two times consider as one only.
You confirm mr Liao cos u got that final 3 k.

Eh.. Bro .. not correct wor. Maybe becoz my NS Men period spread to 12 years (Somewherer between Nov 1998 to Nov 2010).

I MRed with only 7 High + 1 Low Keys + 12 Years.

When I got my 7 High, I even called back my unit to ask when would I be called back to fulfill the 2 remaining Low Keys. My WO told me our unit no longer has any Low Keys and I might have to serve extra High Keys to fulfill the 10 ICTs requirements which I was "LL" but no choice had to wait for additional High Key call-up than received the letter telling me I have completed my ORNS and is placed to MR Reserves.

Last edited:

cct75

Master Member
Reaction score
wtf y is at night one the function??

Cause they assume NS Mens are working and DO NOT WANT TO INTERRUPT our work so night function lor. How CONSIDERATE they are hor? :s13:

That function maybe the day you collect your MR Cert. No go no cert. Lolz.
Do I care about the MR Cert? Maybe I should go collect than frame up nicely :p

the function got issue SAF100!??!?!
SAF 100 is for NS Men who are still under ORNS obligation. I MR liao not bound to SAF 100 anymore. They just send me a Letter of Invitation with RSVP (but I not yet even reply).

Last edited:

P0TMKILLMAN

Master Member
Reaction score
Eh.. Bro .. not correct wor. Maybe becoz my NS Men period spread to 12 years (Somewherer between Nov 1998 to Nov 2010).

if a particular year, ie from 1apr03 to 31mar04, if there is no call up for you, (not a single at least 0.5day SAF100 issued to you), is mean +0 NS work year!!!!!

cct75

Master Member
Reaction score
if a particular year, ie from 1apr03 to 31mar04, if there is no call up for you, (not a single at least 0.5day SAF100 issued to you), is mean +0 NS work year!!!!!

As I mentioned in the previous replies, my unit is "Not Active" unit. My ICT call-up used to be 15 months on average and it was changed to 30 months after the my unit did the restructuring. Hence it will be of no surprise I clocked 0 days within any certain fiscal year.

Anyway, all is history for me. :s13:

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Haha, not sure about you but if I am you I will collect it & settle NS once & for all.

Anyone ask me to do thing about NS, I just sent email to them with MR cert as attachment.

Do I care about the MR Cert? Maybe I should go collect than frame up nicely :p/QUOTE]

cct75

Master Member
Reaction score
Doubt they will bother me cause I already have the MR Letter in the first place. The MR Cert would be useless.

I also dun wanna waste 2.5 hours @ SAFRA Yishun unless they say can go, sign, take cert and ciao! :s13:

vasilli07

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What do they do in the last ict? Still got outfield ex? Must cut hair anot?

P0TMKILLMAN

Master Member
Reaction score
What do they do in the last ict? Still got outfield ex? Must cut hair anot?

everything is still the same, hair still must cut!!!!

maybe got more unit/cohesion game...etc

my CO decided to make the last outfield for our 3 company to competition against each other to time for the fastest setting up of artillery gun...then got prize etc....

vasilli07

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hmm...my ict(9th) this year never check hair and no outfield ex...:o

Elspeth

Master Member
Reaction score
how much we get in total from ah lee's pocket after we complete 10 yr ah?xx

derrickgoh

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
how much we get in total from ah lee's pocket after we complete 10 yr ah?xx
Depends on when you enlist. For those of us old soldiers, we rugi 'cos we missed the first pay out i.e. when you ORD and the second pay out i.e. when you finish 5 ICT. We only get the final pay out i.e. when you MR.

citaro

Reaction score

I MRed with only 7 High + 1 Low Keys + 12 Years.

When I got my 7 High, I even called back my unit to ask when would I be called back to fulfill the 2 remaining Low Keys. My WO told me our unit no longer has any Low Keys and I might have to serve extra High Keys to fulfill the 10 ICTs requirements which I was "LL" but no choice had to wait for additional High Key call-up than received the letter telling me I have completed my ORNS and is placed to MR Reserves.
Did u get the 3k?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.