10th year ICT program... Then what?

ledzeppelin

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I need some help for those ns men who has dutifully served their 10th cycle (from beginning till the end). I am having my 10th ICT at Clementi camp this end sept. Low key 5 days according to the SAF 100. there is no program schedule and I am not too sure what we will be doing. I need to know:

1: what is the training like? I heard of some kind of passing out parade or something..
2: must bring the back pack stuffs?
3: I also receive my manning which is on feb next year. I thought 10th cycle ends, can throw helmet, sob, uniform etc?

I hope those who has finish their cycle can help. Thanks in advance.

vasilli07

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
3) I believe u will only officially MR on 31st March, which is the year end for SAF.

w3

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I need some help for those ns men who has dutifully served their 10th cycle (from beginning till the end). I am having my 10th ICT at Clementi camp this end sept. Low key 5 days according to the SAF 100. there is no program schedule and I am not too sure what we will be doing. I need to know:

1: what is the training like? I heard of some kind of passing out parade or something..
2: must bring the back pack stuffs?
3: I also receive my manning which is on feb next year. I thought 10th cycle ends, can throw helmet, sob, uniform etc?

How many HK ICT had you served so far?
You need min 7 HK and 10 NS years in order to MR.

ledzeppelin

Reaction score
Yup.. Done my 7 highs.. Last one was last year.. 2.5 weeks deployment @ Xx. I hope no more after this.

Last edited:

w3

Reaction score
Although you had completed your 7HK ICT, but your MR date may not necessary be on your last ICT. Your unit may have a MR parade on your last ICT (most likely on the last day), but your MR date can be post date to sometime later.
You must also have at least 10 NS years in order to MR.

P0TMKILLMAN

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

1: what is the training like? I heard of some kind of passing out parade or something..(since you have been for all ICT already, you should know what to bring liao, almost the same as previous ICT)
2: must bring the back pack stuffs?(i dunno, for my unit, still must bring SBO stuff, fieldpack is always no need standard item, bring only wat you need for stay in)
3: I also receive my manning which is on feb next year. I thought 10th cycle ends, can throw helmet, sob, uniform etc?(you only official MR on the 31th MAR2013)

i got 2 cycles more

spacemarine

Reaction score
Your MR date will commence on 1st April 2014. Just MR this year and stated in the letter. But anyway you will still be eligible to be called back til you are 40 then can de-kit so don anyhow throw away your SBO, helmet. Don commit any military crimes til the said date or else i dono what will happen to your MR date. :D

Perks of MR is you no need to report if going overseas which are > 60days but anything more still need to inform.

No more IPPT!

Addition $3K to CPF for completion of your NS

Last edited:

john_117

Reaction score
i tot 7HK le no more reservist at all?

my unit ppl who MR get their letter on their last day of reservist. so maybe you'll get urs le. and ur hamilton watch

goenitz33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Letter is the most impt.

get the letter means no more such crap liao

spacemarine

Reaction score
i tot 7HK le no more reservist at all?

my unit ppl who MR get their letter on their last day of reservist. so maybe you'll get urs le. and ur hamilton watch

Yup but i got it in 2 different package cos i got defer for a year so technically i got my watch and medal first follow by the letter on the 2nd year

P0TMKILLMAN

Master Member
Reaction score
Yup but i got it in 2 different package cos i got defer for a year so technically i got my watch and medal first follow by the letter on the 2nd year

so when you STOP booking/taking IPPT??

after you gotten the watch n medal ??

or

after getting the letter on the 2nd year??

spacemarine

Reaction score
so when you STOP booking/taking IPPT??

after you gotten the watch n medal ??

or

after getting the letter on the 2nd year??

Depends on the date that was on the letter, correctly it should be the start of new NS work year. Like for me i still eligible for IPT this WY12/13 while i received my MR cert for WY13/14 1st Apr

ledzeppelin

Reaction score
Oic.. That's explains it. You guys more-less sums things up. Now i have a clearer picture. I also want to 'keng' my ippt but seemed to be stuck lah but at least no need to book for RT.
They can call us up still <40? Wah liao .. Have to keep that damn sbo, helmet somewhere again.. Good thing no need that bloody ippt and rt.. Sianzz

spacemarine

Reaction score
Well anyway as long as the country is not in imminent danger or extreme lack of manpower they will try not to touch you.

Sometimes if you are specially trained or very well proficient in certain skillset they may offer to ask you to come back to serve...

wildkev

Reaction score
how do mindef calc the 10 NS year ??

Good question, i am looking for this too. I finished my 7th high key recently. I was ORDed on 2000 and this year should be my 11-12th years so by right i should be MR soon but today my camp called me for FFI review and I brought this up. To my surprise, he told me that this year is my 8th year and not 11-12th year due to there are few years which they did not call me back so these years are not count. Anyone can confirm on this? Thanks.

ledzeppelin

Reaction score
Good question, i am looking for this too. I finished my 7th high key recently. I was ORDed on 2000 and this year should be my 11-12th years so by right i should be MR soon but today my camp called me for FFI review and I brought this up. To my surprise, he told me that this year is my 8th year and not 11-12th year due to there are few years which they did not call me back so these years are not count. Anyone can confirm on this? Thanks.

Yup. This is correct. You musn't count the years they didn't call you. In my case, they call me every year since 2004. Count the no of ICTs. I hope this helps.

wildkev

Reaction score
Yup. This is correct. You musn't count the years they didn't call you. In my case, they call me every year since 2004. Count the no of ICTs. I hope this helps.

wow like that sian 1/2 ... still need to go IPPT. worst of all, i threw all my stuff after my recent ICT :s22:

goenitz33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Number of NS Years and Number of ICTs served (HK/LK) is 2 different thing actually.

i ORD in Year 2000 but only served 8 ICTs now >.> (5HK 3 LK) been going nearly every year except deferred for 1 year. Just to give u a similar scenario :p

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.