BMT Recourse

Davelord

Reaction score
Teach you basic typing etiquette. There's such thing as paragraphs to make things easier to read.

Even if you had used your second example of "infantry guardsman or even commando, and i still made the exact same stance abt wanting to go command school", I will still interpret as only going to command school can make your 2 years fulfilling.

As I said, it doesn't matter what you do, it is on you on how you want to make your 2 years fulfilling. Don't blame it on what you do...

It is how you are putting it across, I'm not alleging anything.

I never say you shouldn't try. I'm saying, saying something is more fulfilling than the other, you are just opening a can of worms.

Why don't you ask your boss why is it taking so long.

well its based on preference then, to each his own.

and yeah after asking my manpower dept, i decided i'll go do a recourse ffi myself. cos they tended to tell me very 'standard' reasons for it taking long, like waiting for notification or ''we're alr working on it''. cant blame them though, my case isnt urgent priority to them, or could be another reason. either way doesnt matter cos im gonna try do it myself at this point in time, by any means as long as i dont get charged for it or anything...

having said all that i do agree with some of ur points. thanks for ur input and have a good day whoever u are

Davelord

Reaction score
Glad that I'm able to clarify some of your doubts. Now our Uncle here can update his information. All the best to your command school dream

Sent from LGE LG-H860 using GAGT[/URL]

thanks for clarifying man, all the best too fellow NSF

SotongLove

Banned
Reaction score
For the sake of Uncle Kyoji

1) NSF has POP from PES A/B BMT > Posted to 1GDS for example > Down PES to C/E > He just need to go through 4 to 7 days of AS/ASA course. He DOES NOT need to follow the BMT vocantional training(1 month) > Clerk/Storeman in 1GDS.

2) NSF OOT from PES A/B BMT > Temp down pes to C/E > Sent to temporary unit > Gets 4 to 7 days vocational training (ASA/SA) > Work for few months go medical review > Up PES to A/B? Go recourse and reassign to new unit. Remain perm PES C? Recourse ONLY Tekong BMT but remain same unit. Perm PES E? Do nothing,as per normal

Sent from LGE LG-H860 using GAGT

Last edited:

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What I mean is every PES C serviceman have their own medical problem & excuse status. So when one have problem with this skill set due to medical reason, he can just skip it while his Platoon-mates have to do it. :o

So will it be productivity if SAF conduct the same topics for both PES C & E BMT during the 4 weeks duration? ;)

1) In that case, are you trying to tell me this is also the flow map of process? Serviceman POP from PES A&B BMT > down PES to E > go & POP from PES E BMT > up PES to C > go PES C BMT? :s8:

2) You sure assign to new unit if it's PES A/B BMT? If those up PES to A or B & left 1 month or less before ORD, how to go PES A/B BMT? During reservist? :s13:

I don't know how you can come to the conclusion whether it is productive or not without having access to other information the SAF has when they decide to split the conducting of the same topics for both PES C & PES E BMT up separately. Maybe on the surface it looks productive, but we are not talking about a 10-men organisation, we are talking about an organisation with extremely huge manpower.

Also don't blame others if you cannot comprehend what other people is saying and don't blame others if others cannot comprehend what you are saying because I don't even think you can even comprehend what I am saying here hence you cannot realise why that is.

I don't even think you realised what I have already said for a very long time, that you already said your experience is from a very long time ago... Things change liao man...

well its based on preference then, to each his own.

and yeah after asking my manpower dept, i decided i'll go do a recourse ffi myself. cos they tended to tell me very 'standard' reasons for it taking long, like waiting for notification or ''we're alr working on it''. cant blame them though, my case isnt urgent priority to them, or could be another reason. either way doesnt matter cos im gonna try do it myself at this point in time, by any means as long as i dont get charged for it or anything...

having said all that i do agree with some of ur points. thanks for ur input and have a good day whoever u are
eh paragraphing what you write is not preference. Is more like making things easier for people to write and easier to understand you... So if during your exam, you go write wall of text in 1 lump, you think it will make the life of the marker who have to mark so many papers life any easier? Do you think it will be beneficial for you?

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

1) NSF has POP from PES A/B BMT > Posted to 1GDS for example > Down PES to C/E > He just need to go through 4 to 7 days of AS/ASA course. He DOES NOT need to follow the BMT vocantional training(1 month) > Clerk/Storeman in 1GDS.

2) NSF OOT from PES A/B BMT > Temp down pes to C/E > Sent to temporary unit > Gets 4 to 7 days vocational training (ASA/SA) > Work for few months go medical review > Up PES to A/B? Go recourse and reassign to new unit. Remain perm PES C? Recourse ONLY Tekong BMT but remain same unit. Perm PES E? Do nothing,as per normal

I feel that he will have trouble comprehending what you just said too.

Davelord

Reaction score
What I mean is every PES C serviceman have their own medical problem & excuse status. So when one have problem with this skill set due to medical reason, he can just skip it while his Platoon-mates have to do it. :o

So will it be productivity if SAF conduct the same topics for both PES C & E BMT during the 4 weeks duration? ;)

1) In that case, are you trying to tell me this is also the flow map of process? Serviceman POP from PES A&B BMT > down PES to E > go & POP from PES E BMT > up PES to C > go PES C BMT? :s8:

2) You sure assign to new unit if it's PES A/B BMT? If those up PES to A or B & left 1 month or less before ORD, how to go PES A/B BMT? During reservist? :s13:
thanks for ur replies too, but sorry that ur points arent accurate, to say the least. after clarifying multiple times with my manpower IC and having it confirmed by my immediate superior. perhaps its ur unit that did it that particular way, or if ur a reservist having done NSF donkey years ago, sir, this is how its done now. then again i wont know, i enlisted mere months before NS50 and 1st NS pioneer celebration happened. XD

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks for ur replies too, but sorry that ur points arent accurate, to say the least. after clarifying multiple times with my manpower IC and having it confirmed by my immediate superior. perhaps its ur unit that did it that particular way, or if ur a reservist having done NSF donkey years ago, sir, this is how its done now. then again i wont know, i enlisted mere months before NS50 and 1st NS pioneer celebration happened. XD
His experience from many eras ago as he claims..

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It is not that I cannot comprehend but rather discussing on how SAF is so unproductive.

Yes, my experience maybe out dated but at least my brother ORD around 3 years back.

So I think it is still relevant from his experience since officially source from Mindef stated that the last changes for PES A&B PTP-BMT is on Year 2009 & the rest of BMT is on Year 2010.

His experience from many eras ago as he claims..

Glad that I'm able to clarify some of your doubts. Now our Uncle here can update his information. All the best to your command school dream

Kyoji83 experience was from damn long ago and he is somehow adapting it for what's happening currently. Say until like the information he has is so current. Told him before, but I think he wasn't able to comprehend so still quite oblivious to what's going on.

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think you have misunderstand me.

I am not here to say who is right or not according to SAF directive.

I am now discussing with you regrading how SAF is so unproductive.

Lol. Don't be ridiculous. You didn't read my post. Higher PES is always the priority
1) Serviceman POP from PES A&B BMT > down PES to E > JUST NEED TO GO THROUGH 4 DAYS OF SA/ASA course > Up PES to C > Remain in his unit as he have undergone both VOCATION TRAINING AND TEKONG BMT. No need to go through Tekong BMT because he has already been trained in PES A/B BMT
Which part of TS has not undergone weapon training do you not understand? He failed to POP from PES A/B BMT means he failed weapon training. Must I drill this in your head? Your this case is this person has completed weapon training. He do not need to undergo Tekong BMT again. Facepalm

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think you have misunderstand me.

I am not here to say who is right or not according to SAF directive.

I am now discussing with you regrading how SAF is so unproductive.
U didn't make yourself easily understood. Didn't realise you have been discussing about the unproductiveness of SAF.

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

This one I know.

But if base on your case, this PES E serviceman did not pass out from any BMT before. Why don't needs to go for PES E BMT? Double standard?

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
During my reservist, I also help out doing admin work in S1 Br apart from my vocation job.

However I deal with NSmen more then NSF cases & did not see any directive that once a clerk up PES to A/B, S1 Br must post him out so that he will end up in other unit & vocation after his BMT.

That why you will be surprise when you first see so many fresh NS clerks (Recent ORD) have PES A & B when they report for their first ICT or Mod briefing.

Davelord

Reaction score
This one I know.

But if base on your case, this PES E serviceman did not pass out from any BMT before. Why don't needs to go for PES E BMT? Double standard?
to second point, i believe its cos my PES E was only temp. sorry for not explaining in more detail, i OOT-ed from tekong enhanced leadership BMT. which means my PES was all along B1L1 until stupid pneumonia happened. then i OOT-ed and given a TEMP PES E status until i was ready to return to my PES B1L1. thus they'd in this case send me back for PES A/B BMT and not PES E. just my theory, i dont have first-hand experience in S1 manpower works although i could ask my friends abt stuff in there. but so far they confirmed the same thing

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1) No lah, SotongLove comment at #23 is not really about you.

2) By the way, have you attended any vocational training & what is your current vocation?

3) If you ask your friends from S1 Br from same unit, most likely they give you the same answer cause this is what they practice in that unit & may not be the same for other SAF units.

to second point, i believe its cos my PES E was only temp. sorry for not explaining in more detail, i OOT-ed from tekong enhanced leadership BMT. which means my PES was all along B1L1 until stupid pneumonia happened. then i OOT-ed and given a TEMP PES E status until i was ready to return to my PES B1L1. thus they'd in this case send me back for PES A/B BMT and not PES E. just my theory, i dont have first-hand experience in S1 manpower works although i could ask my friends abt stuff in there. but so far they confirmed the same thing

SotongLove

Banned
Reaction score
This one I know.

Because PES E BMT is only a vocational training. Oh my gosh. He already got a vocation from his 4 day course. Why would he go through vocational training again? All recoursees don't enjoy the perks of POP except PES A/B recoursees. Uncle,you tell me what does PES E BMT do? Training NSF for their vocation only. The 4 day course is packaged such a way that all the lectures in 1 month have been compressed. They are considered "pass out" their vocation training from their 4 day course. Because their temp unit needs them to be trained asap.
Just understand the fact that SAF will recourse NSF that has not been weapon trained but is eligible for weapon training. Is it so hard to understand?

Last edited:

Davelord

Reaction score
1) No lah, SotongLove comment at #23 is not really about you.

2) By the way, have you attended any vocational training & what is your current vocation?

3) If you ask your friends from S1 Br from same unit, most likely they give you the same answer cause this is what they practice in that unit & may not be the same for other SAF units.
no vocational training at all ever since i OOT-ed from PES A/B BMT lol

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So you do not have a vocation & you are those OOT saikang warrior task to do 'clerk-storeman' works?

In that case, SAF confirm will post you out to BMT & you will have chance to go command school.

no vocational training at all ever since i OOT-ed from PES A/B BMT lol

Davelord

Reaction score
So you do not have a vocation & you are those OOT saikang warrior task to do 'clerk-storeman' works?

In that case, SAF confirm will post you out to BMT & you will have chance to go command school.
yeap. apparently im the only 'clerk' in my unit to not have an isac card. and the only one among all the storemen who hasnt been sent to or notified of any store course watsoever. and its been months here alr lol

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.