HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

enquiry on how to become a RSAF pilot

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-02-2017, 10:45 PM   #31

yea, dun let naysayers stop you from trying. You never know. Even if dun pass the course, it'll still be a great experience when you look back years later.
bogayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 08:17 AM   #32

Hi guys. I'm female. 160cm height. I wear prescription glasses 225 degrees. I know the minimum height requirement for RSAF pilots is 162cm. Does anyone know if they're not that strict with the height requirement? After all, being short can be an advantage in a small fighter plane
blisterplaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 08:35 AM   #33
High Supremacy Member

Hi guys. I'm female. 160cm height. I wear prescription glasses 225 degrees. I know the minimum height requirement for RSAF pilots is 162cm. Does anyone know if they're not that strict with the height requirement? After all, being short can be an advantage in a small fighter plane
I believe they have done their studies to say people of a certain height can cope well in a small fighter plane. So donít worry too much about it.

To be honest, given that it is a pilot role, and you want to be a fighter pilot somemore. I donít think thereís any likelihood of them being flexible at all
reddevil0728 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 10:12 AM   #34
Supremacy Member

Who tell you short can can be an advantage in a small fighter plane? Do you know they have brake pedals? If you are short mean your leg maybe short & unable to press fully to use the brake pedals which will result an accident because you cannot stop in time.

They are strict with all requirement such as the height. You can smoke your way if you want but once you do your medical checkup at RSAF Aeromedical Centre, everything will be out.

Hi guys. I'm female and 160cm. I understand that RSAF min height requirement to be a pilot is 162cm. Are they strict on the height requirement? Tho I'm 2cm shorter.
Old 10-02-2018, 12:55 PM   #35
Arch-Supremacy Member

they are extremely particular about it.

if u do get to the medical stage. they'll even measure the length of your limbs and arm and in different postures down to every other small detail.

the reason is because you need to fit the cockpit ....... not vice versa the cockpit cannot be customized to fit you.

i don't think you'll get through medical but still u can try applying.

Last edited by Greysky; 10-02-2018 at 12:57 PM..
Greysky is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.