HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Higher Nitec Graduate Looking to sign on,Suggestions?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2018, 10:40 AM   #1

Higher Nitec Graduate Looking to sign on,Suggestions?

Completed my Higher Nitec in Electrical Engineering,22 years old and want to sign on as infantry spec because of the good monetary benefits so what are your suggestions and whatís the life of an Regular infantry Sergeant like?

1)Daily Routines and Probable Daily tasks?
2)If I can stay out since Iím a regular? Or is it forever stay in?
3) Would I be able to continue with my education and take up a part time poly dip course while Iím an infantry spec?

Thanks and would appreciate anymore additional info

Last edited by abbassiskrazy; 04-02-2018 at 12:31 PM..
abbassiskrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 11:16 AM   #2
Arch-Supremacy Member

Completed my Higher Nitec in Electrical Engineering,22 years old and want to sign on as infantry spec because of the good monetary benefits so what are your suggestions and what’s the life of an Regular infantry Sergeant like?

2)If I can stay out since I’m a regular? Or is it forever stay in?
3) Would I be able to continue with my education and take up a part time poly dip course while I’m an infantry spec?

Honestly, I do not think you should sign up in the Army as you will have to keep fit forever or else it may affect your career and it will be hard for you to do your part time poly. It will be good to finish your 2 years of service and then go for full time poly. After poly you can go for uni. If you like to be in uniform unit, you can sign up for Police Officer instead of Army. Army usually carry heavy arm and other heavy things. Do not think you can relax. Police is lightly armed.

Last edited by Henry Ng; 04-02-2018 at 11:24 AM..
Henry Ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 12:07 PM   #3

I think you posted at the wrong section. Should be over at the Academic section or at the NS section.
virus1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 12:32 PM   #4

Completed my Higher Nitec in Electrical Engineering,22 years old and want to sign on as infantry spec because of the good monetary benefits so what are your suggestions and whatís the life of an Regular infantry Sergeant like?

3) Would I be able to continue with my education and take up a part time poly dip course while Iím an infantry spec?

If you wanted to serve and protected the country, go for it. Just follow your heart.

Let me answers your questions.
1. There will be more work to do and need to go for meeting(example like schedule for the training, number of soldiers in the company and many more.)

2. You can choose to stay in or stay out. Unless you got a family and your family need more time to spend with you. The army cannot stop you. - I have asked my PS before.

Like what Henry Hg had said. You need to stay fit because that is your career. Once you down PES, there is nothing much you can do.

3. You should study full-time student instead part time.
If let say, you have an exam during that day but your outfield have crash the day of your exam. I don't think you got a choice to think and you need to stay in outfield.

This is my thought.
Old 05-02-2018, 08:18 PM   #5

Thread moved to correct section to facilitate better advice from resident gurus.
Cheers

Unsure of what to get? Need help with Notebook issues? Join in the discussions at Notebook Clinic!

Keep up with the latest in mobile technology with Residential Phone Gurus over at Mobile Communication Technology!

Need Assistance? Fret not! Feel free to contact me via PM for Forum Related Issues or any Other Issues that may require immediate assistance and I will get back to you as soon as I can.
Intrinion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 10:56 PM   #6
Arch-Supremacy Member

Got diploma minimum sign on not too late
25 years old honestly still ok if sign
But during course etc must Chiong lor
Be the best or best
Because the older you are, lesser chance to perform & there's a cap to how far can you go also.
No use for a Name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 11:11 PM   #7
Supremacy Member

I don't think this is how it work for your point 2.

For example as per your point 3, I don't think you can just go home to be with your family when you have an outfield/field camp/deployment.

Another example will be you are a SC, you don't expect to go home to be with your family while you throw your Sect for someone else to take care.

A lot of things Army can do to make you stay in camp such as COS duties, guard commander duties & etc.

If you wanted to serve and protected the country, go for it. Just follow your heart.

Let me answers your questions.
1. There will be more work to do and need to go for meeting(example like schedule for the training, number of soldiers in the company and many more.)

2. You can choose to stay in or stay out. Unless you got a family and your family need more time to spend with you. The army cannot stop you. - I have asked my PS before.

Like what Henry Hg had said. You need to stay fit because that is your career. Once you down PES, there is nothing much you can do.

3. You should study full-time student instead part time.
If let say, you have an exam during that day but your outfield have crash the day of your exam. I don't think you got a choice to think and you need to stay in outfield.

This is my thought.
Old 06-02-2018, 12:39 PM   #8

I don't think this is how it work for your point 2.

For example as per your point 3, I don't think you can just go home to be with your family when you have an outfield/field camp/deployment.

Another example will be you are a SC, you don't expect to go home to be with your family while you throw your Sect for someone else to take care.

A lot of things Army can do to make you stay in camp such as COS duties, guard commander duties & etc.
For example if I donít have field camp do I have to still stay in for the night? Like am I able to at least go home for the night?
Old 06-02-2018, 12:49 PM   #9
High Supremacy Member

For example if I donít have field camp do I have to still stay in for the night? Like am I able to at least go home for the night?
If staying out is a concern, then maybe signing on is not suitable for you.
reddevil0728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 01:02 PM   #10

If staying out is a concern, then maybe signing on is not suitable for you.
For now itís a question for me and yet to be a concern so I would really appreciate it if you could just answer my question instead of going off track,
Thanks
Old 06-02-2018, 04:17 PM   #11

For now it’s a question for me and yet to be a concern so I would really appreciate it if you could just answer my question instead of going off track,
Thanks
He didn't go off actually. Whether you have to stay the night isn't really up to you. Sometimes you may be told to stay at very short notice. So if you have plans, then you have to LLST.
Nuclear Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 05:02 PM   #12
Great Supremacy Member

Completed my Higher Nitec in Electrical Engineering,22 years old and want to sign on as infantry spec because of the good monetary benefits so what are your suggestions and what’s the life of an Regular infantry Sergeant like?

2)If I can stay out since I’m a regular? Or is it forever stay in?
3) Would I be able to continue with my education and take up a part time poly dip course while I’m an infantry spec?

After ns? I feel signing on is good as early as possible. One is u earn regular pay while your counterpart earn allowance. Have the fitness to pass ippt. Also got chance to further study n state sponsored. Then maybe after the bond u decide whether to continue or not lo.

Sent from 穷挫矮胖永独 using GAGT
Illusionist_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 05:06 PM   #13

He didn't go off actually. Whether you have to stay the night isn't really up to you. Sometimes you may be told to stay at very short notice. So if you have plans, then you have to LLST.
Ohh Icic thanks for the info!
Old 06-02-2018, 05:07 PM   #14
Arch-Supremacy Member

go for navy or airforce as engineering spec..den see go tk part time dip..
Aaron_soh80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 05:10 PM   #15

After ns? I feel signing on is good as early as possible. One is u earn regular pay while your counterpart earn allowance. Have the fitness to pass ippt. Also got chance to further study n state sponsored. Then maybe after the bond u decide whether to continue or not lo.

Sent from 穷挫矮胖永独 using GAGT
But even if sign on later also get back dated pay so I donít think it really matters right? Why if sign on early got chance to further study?
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.