IPPT, IPT & RT Questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ranatar_70

Reaction score
Hi, I have a few questions to ask.. I have ord 5 dec 2011... and i have checked the ns portal and it stated this:

You have NOT TAKEN your IPPT for the period 07/12/2011 to 17/04/2012.

The enhanced new IPPT system will apply to you from 07/12/2011 onwards.

b) You are strongly encouraged to sign up for IPT if you need additional help to train for your IPPT. The first session must commence before 17/01/2012.

so the question is, do i nd to book for an ippt before my birthday in 2012? even though i ord tis yr? my last attempt was in feb 2011..

thanks

vasilli07

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, I have a few questions to ask.. I have ord 5 dec 2011... and i have checked the ns portal and it stated this:

You have NOT TAKEN your IPPT for the period 07/12/2011 to 17/04/2012.

The enhanced new IPPT system will apply to you from 07/12/2011 onwards.

b) You are strongly encouraged to sign up for IPT if you need additional help to train for your IPPT. The first session must commence before 17/01/2012.

so the question is, do i nd to book for an ippt before my birthday in 2012? even though i ord tis yr? my last attempt was in feb 2011..

thanks

I would say yes. But you may want to call ns.sg to confirm.

timeofmylife

Reaction score
Apologies if this has been asked before,

But I havent been working out ever since I start working and I have only myself to blame for failing my first ippt ever recently.

The system prompt me that I can convert to IPT from the RT, just a question to the bros here, is it IPT better? 10 sessions in 9 months right?

Also, wouldnt it be better to keng and get a worst score during the first ippt of IPT so its easier to clear the requirements?

vasilli07

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Apologies if this has been asked before,

But I havent been working out ever since I start working and I have only myself to blame for failing my first ippt ever recently.

The system prompt me that I can convert to IPT from the RT, just a question to the bros here, is it IPT better? 10 sessions in 9 months right?

Also, wouldnt it be better to keng and get a worst score during the first ippt of IPT so its easier to clear the requirements?

Yes.

Yes but past year IPPT result is also taken into consideration for deciding your PPT. So if you got a pass last year, don't be surprised if you get band 4(IPPT pass standard)as your PPT.

voiceoflove

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes.

Yes but past year IPPT result is also taken into consideration for deciding your PPT. So if you got a pass last year, don't be surprised if you get band 4(IPPT pass standard)as your PPT.

so best is not to pass ippt the first year ?

can I just go for IPT and meet the ppt 1 through out the 10 years?

vasilli07

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
so best is not to pass ippt the first year ?

can I just go for IPT and meet the ppt 1 through out the 10 years?

Yes.

No, your PPT will move on to the next level after you pass 1. Eg, you pass ppt 1, next year will auto be ppt 2. But if you don't pass, you will have to go for the full IPT(10 sessions) then 8 RT sessions.

voiceoflove

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes.

No, your PPT will move on to the next level after you pass 1. Eg, you pass ppt 1, next year will auto be ppt 2. But if you don't pass, you will have to go for the full IPT(10 sessions) then 8 RT sessions.

bro, seeing that you are the expert in this field..

my window will close on 17 jan 2012

and I have book my ippt on the 6 jan 2012 but i dun think i can pass
so on that day i just meet the required PPT 1 ?

or I have to change my IPPT booking to IPT booking

what do you recomment..

Last edited:

ontodhcp

Reaction score
Yes.

If I pass ppt1 this year, I will be auto ppt2 next year.
But if I never pass ppt1 this year and go for RT at the last 3 months, will I also be auto ppt2 or still remain in ppt1, provided next year during the IPT-IPPT test I did badly?

Last edited:

vasilli07

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
bro, seeing that you are the expert in this field..

my window will close on 17 jan 2012

and I have book my ippt on the 6 jan 2012 but i dun think i can pass
so on that day i just meet the required PPT 1 ?

or I have to change my IPPT booking to IPT booking

what do you recomment..

No. You have to book IPT 1st, then take the cat test on 1st session. After that, they will determine your PPT. You cannot decide your own PPT.

vasilli07

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If I pass ppt1 this year, I will be auto ppt2 next year.
But if I never pass ppt1 this year and go for RT at the last 3 months, will I also be auto ppt2 or still remain in ppt1, provided next year during the IPT-IPPT test is did badly?

I think you will be in ppt 1 but then it's the same. Every year as long as you don't pass your ppt(no matter which 1), you have to go for 10 sessions IPT and 8 session RT. So even if you remain in ppt 1 also no point.

voiceoflove

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No. You have to book IPT 1st, then take the cat test on 1st session. After that, they will determine your PPT. You cannot decide your own PPT.

so now I need to change my ippt booking to ipt booking le?

or i still need to attempt the first ippt?

vasilli07

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
so now I need to change my ippt booking to ipt booking le?

or i still need to attempt the first ippt?

can u book at least book 2 ipt sessions before your window closes? you have to do at least 2 ipt sessions to clear your ppt.

vasilli07

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi, can anyone explain to me what is provisional pass for ippt?

Meaning you pass your 2.4km and all but 1 of your static stations. You will book another IPPT just to clear that failed static station, if you pass, you get a provisional pass. No $ reward will be given for that.

KUSANG

Master Member
Reaction score
going for first ipt session which is a ippt-ipt on this coming thurs at maju fcc
got few questions:

1)can wear slippers in-pro or not?
2)after 2.4km can out-pro liao right? so agar around 8.30pm can zao liao?

vasilli07

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
going for first ipt session which is a ippt-ipt on this coming thurs at maju fcc
got few questions:

1)can wear slippers in-pro or not?
2)after 2.4km can out-pro liao right? so agar around 8.30pm can zao liao?

1) I would say no. Out-pro should be ok.
2) Yes. Timing varies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.