LK +LK = HK?

Niaoson

Master Member
Reaction score
Understand that high key refers to call-ups of 7 days or more whereas low key refers to less than 7 days. But what if within one year they call back for 2 times, each time being a low key but when added together is more than 7 days? Will that year be considered a high or low key?

In other words, must a high key be 7 or more CONTINUOUS days or can it be added up together such that 2 low keys that are 7 or more days when added up are considered as 1 high key?

j_t_fusion

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
no need to be continuous, can accumulate.

however the work year for saf is from 1 april to 31 march so if you got 1 LK in feb 2014 and another LK in sept 2014, they are considered as 2 different years so they are 2 LK and not 1 HK.

Niaoson

Master Member
Reaction score

however the work year for saf is from 1 april to 31 march so if you got 1 LK in feb 2014 and another LK in sept 2014, they are considered as 2 different years so they are 2 LK and not 1 HK.

Thanks! That was what I was looking for. But is there anything black and white to confirm this? I tried searching the MINDEF website as well as the NS booklet (E-copy) but neither says anything about this 'accumulation' thing :o

vasilli07

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If I'm not wrong, there is no accumulation. SAF can call you up to 40 working days per year. So if you get 2 LK training callup this year, it's just considered as 1 LK. No adding up of days to be HK.

andyjeewk

Reaction score
If I'm not wrong, there is no accumulation. SAF can call you up to 40 working days per year. So if you get 2 LK training callup this year, it's just considered as 1 LK. No adding up of days to be HK.

Me agree. I also tink is counted as 2 LKs..

Niaoson

Master Member
Reaction score
Me agree. I also tink is counted as 2 LKs..

I was fearing this :( if this is true then it's very unfair to those who have more than 1 LK call up in the work year (yes, I know they can call up up to 40 days a year). Imagine they call you back for 8 times, each time for 5 days but considered as doing 1 LK only in the work year :s22:

andyjeewk

Reaction score
I was fearing this :( if this is true then it's very unfair to those who have more than 1 LK call up in the work year (yes, I know they can call up up to 40 days a year). Imagine they call you back for 8 times, each time for 5 days but considered as doing 1 LK only in the work year :s22:

Check with your S1?
We also like to know the answer too :D

Niaoson

Master Member
Reaction score
Check with your S1?
We also like to know the answer too :D

Haha how to get the S1 contact ar? I only know the universal NS hotline number hahaha.

To be honest, I think your interpretation is correct just that I hope you're wrong because I got a 2 day + 5 day call up next year. If can combine then at least as I can clock 1 HK rather than LK which is good for nothing since there are people who cannot MR because of insufficient HK but not because insufficient LK :(

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Haha how to get the S1 contact ar? I only know the universal NS hotline number hahaha.

To be honest, I think your interpretation is correct just that I hope you're wrong because I got a 2 day + 5 day call up next year. If can combine then at least as I can clock 1 HK rather than LK which is good for nothing since there are people who cannot MR because of insufficient HK but not because insufficient LK :(
you call NS hotline then they will refer u to someone if necessary.

I think u shouldn't have too high hopes.

NWT1978

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

that what my unit did...till they replaced with a new OC whom is fairer to us :D

chehjin

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
its confirmed 2 LK, they will never merge the events as there are objectives and goals attached to each LK and the budget, etc all separate.

anyway, now a days, there should be lesser of such cases as more NS commanders rise up the ranks. they also dun wan so many reservists. hahaha

LK + LK in same work year still okie. I seen those sent for courses. Becomes HK + HK in same work year. Now that is than really low morale.

those say LK no use, better think twice. you need 10 years ORNS, which means you can either clock 10 HK or 7 HK + 3LK. I rather 7HK + 3LK.

angcsbenny

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Best is one day call back oso considered one LK

Sent from GAGT Android App

mark lim

Reaction score
If you have 2 LK in one saf work year. It's considered 2 LK BUT only ONE ORNS year. eg if you have completed 8HK over 8 years and on the ninth year you get called up for 2 LK, it's 8HK + 2LK BUT only 9 ORNS years. So you need to do another year of a HK or LK. Then your are considered eligible for MR.

Niaoson

Master Member
Reaction score
If you have 2 LK in one saf work year. It's considered 2 LK BUT only ONE ORNS year. eg if you have completed 8HK over 8 years and on the ninth year you get called up for 2 LK, it's 8HK + 2LK BUT only 9 ORNS years. So you need to do another year of a HK or LK. Then your are considered eligible for MR.

Which essentially means the second LK (or the third, fourth, fifth, etc) can simply be ignored. But that isn't really the question here..

j_t_fusion

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ORNS year is easy to clock. all those half day callups like mob briefing and cohesion count as ORNS but not as LK.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.