HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Need some info for SCDF:)

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2014, 11:46 PM   #1

Need some info for SCDF:)

Hi guys,

Recently i just go my letter saying that i will be heading to SCDF.. I am a poly graduate with quite a decent GPA i would say and with a napfa result gold~
:/ wanted to go navy but ended up in SCDF :/ can anyone enlighten me how is the SCDF life and how is the procedure in progressing of ranks in SCDF? and what would i do in SCDF after rescue training?

thanks!
xbearbishopx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 12:51 AM   #2
High Supremacy Member

So what if you are a poly grad with quite a decent GPA and NAPFA Gold??

How is that related to your qns?
reddevil0728 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 02:04 AM   #3

So what if you are a poly grad with quite a decent GPA and NAPFA Gold??

How is that related to your qns?
Well heard that napfa results plays apart and results too.
Old 04-04-2014, 02:09 AM   #4
High Supremacy Member

Well heard that napfa results plays apart and results too.
plays a part in rank progression or what?
Old 04-04-2014, 07:53 AM   #5

plays a part in rank progression or what?
Both I guess? I heard to go to sgt u need to have diploma?
Old 04-04-2014, 06:50 PM   #6
Arch-Supremacy Member

Both I guess? I heard to go to sgt u need to have diploma?
why u need to become sgt?

it better to be low profile... then got less things / responsibilities to do...

unless u like scdf? if so, go sign on...
NWT1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 07:29 PM   #7

why u need to become sgt?

it better to be low profile... then got less things / responsibilities to do...

unless u like scdf? if so, go sign on...
Lol I don't like SCDF though. But still I am those ppl that will work hard still as long I have to perform... Well if wanted to sign on would have sign on the scholarship for navy lol.. They keep sending me scholarship for officer base on my poly results and sports background I suppose but I rejected it cause I don't want to have a bond holding me haha
Need to have challenges in live else it will be boring :/

Last edited by xbearbishopx; 04-04-2014 at 07:32 PM..
Old 04-04-2014, 07:38 PM   #8
High Supremacy Member

Lol I don't like SCDF though. But still I am those ppl that will work hard still as long I have to perform... Well if wanted to sign on would have sign on the scholarship for navy lol.. They keep sending me scholarship for officer base on my poly results and sports background I suppose but I rejected it cause I don't want to have a bond holding me haha
Why u dun like SCDF?

there's a difference between AWARD and SCHOLARSHIP.
Old 06-04-2014, 12:12 AM   #9

If you want challenges dont worry. there will be plenty of challenges in the fire side.

Having a diploma will help your chances if you want to be a section commander. but it is not a guarantee. Also attaining a gold for napha helps. But when you put on the bunker gear and BA on in the afternoon sun for the first time, whether you are gold, silver or pass it does not matter. After 10 mins i can tell you, all will be thinking about falling out. In the end it is your mental strength that pushes you on. From experience, those that fall out are usually the 'fitter' ones.
NS_han is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 12:29 AM   #10
High Supremacy Member

act blur live longer

if u want siao on then become firefighter.. then maybe u will regret
Old 06-04-2014, 12:55 AM   #11
High Supremacy Member

Hi guys,

Recently i just go my letter saying that i will be heading to SCDF.. I am a poly graduate with quite a decent GPA i would say and with a napfa result gold~
:/ wanted to go navy but ended up in SCDF :/ can anyone enlighten me how is the SCDF life and how is the procedure in progressing of ranks in SCDF? and what would i do in SCDF after rescue training?

thanks!
After Basic Rescue, those PES A/B with no criminal record will to CDA and go for fire training as Firefighters (3 months) or Sect Comdr (6 months).

If got poly diploma and fit, high chance go to SCC but no guarantee. If suay suay your batch alot of regulars sign on in that period, then lan lan hv to go Firefighter.

If somehow you dont get chosen for front line duties, then will go to other voc such as Provost, Infocomms, Clerks.

My life in SCDF was shiat as a recruit (as expected), but after go to CDA slack abit although the discipline there more strict.

My advise to you is to keep your fitness at tip top condition and start to do weight training.
Franzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 01:03 AM   #12
High Supremacy Member

If go SCDF pls don't slack or give ppl that impression. Simi low profile do lesser etc. You low profile lepak one corner doesn't make the fire less hot. And I can assure you the regulars there are more on that the most siao-on trainee who is trying to impress the instructors.

I was on office hours but used to go camp very early during NS. But every other day, I will see senior officers running around the camp at 6am liao. All the Marathon fanatics, Iron Man kakis, Triathlon wannabes all inside.
Old 06-04-2014, 10:17 PM   #13

After Basic Rescue, those PES A/B with no criminal record will to CDA and go for fire training as Firefighters (3 months) or Sect Comdr (6 months).

If got poly diploma and fit, high chance go to SCC but no guarantee. If suay suay your batch alot of regulars sign on in that period, then lan lan hv to go Firefighter.

If somehow you dont get chosen for front line duties, then will go to other voc such as Provost, Infocomms, Clerks.

My life in SCDF was shiat as a recruit (as expected), but after go to CDA slack abit although the discipline there more strict.

My advise to you is to keep your fitness at tip top condition and start to do weight training.

thanks for the info haha well i am still training regularly haha i am also a lifesaving instructor and training new lifeguards was an ex school swimmer currently still training competitively~ i really wish that SCDF :p can give me some thrill else very sianz after i train so much give me admin all this haha!
Old 06-04-2014, 10:18 PM   #14

If you want challenges dont worry. there will be plenty of challenges in the fire side.

Having a diploma will help your chances if you want to be a section commander. but it is not a guarantee. Also attaining a gold for napha helps. But when you put on the bunker gear and BA on in the afternoon sun for the first time, whether you are gold, silver or pass it does not matter. After 10 mins i can tell you, all will be thinking about falling out. In the end it is your mental strength that pushes you on. From experience, those that fall out are usually the 'fitter' ones.

icic thanks! haha! hopefully get selected :/ dont wish to get admin stuff
Old 06-04-2014, 10:56 PM   #15
High Supremacy Member

Good thing about scdf is everyone knows each other. I'm not sure about now, but at least under me, I can fight for my trainees posting all the way to hq.

I have seen some of my mates getting to their desired vocation despite being chosen for another. My BRT OC was that good. (Not applicable to fire training cos apparently they have first option on all the trainees)

So I recommend you angkat some bola, will help you get to your desired vocation. If possible, go for instructor roles in CDA as Firefighters instructors or SCC instructors (but not NSTI instructors hor, those are boring).

If you like swimming, request for PTI become swimming lesson instructor cum lifeguards there.

Tactfully ask if got ppl ORDing soon or not, if got vacancy and you are on good terms if the instructors, high chance get in.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.