Poly sign on regular

Status
Not open for further replies.

butter424

Reaction score
Hi guys, I am a saf regular going in on March(poly sponsorship)
Currently,I am very scared as many people in the forum have said about the future of ex regulars is pretty bad after they ord.
Personally, I do not know if I will stay (I'll let the future me decide) but I will do my best in saf and get a part time degree before I ord which then I will be 25/26.
I'm just afraid that I will not be able to find a job after I ord even though I am that type that is willing to take a paycut when I am 25/26 with no relevant experience in the marketing world.
So guys, please advice me what to do. (no point of telling me not to sign as I have put my name Liao)

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Degree or Diploma holder?

If Diploma holder, you are over the age limit for Officer & WOSpec.

Like what can I do to make myself employable
Is 25/26 years old too old for a career switch?

FatalityV

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Like what can I do to make myself employable
Is 25/26 years old too old for a career switch?

No it is not.
I have plenty of friends who go Sec 5 -> ITE -> Poly -> NS

many of them are ORDing at the age of 25 or so.

I also know regulars who have ER from service during first contract or ORD after 1x contract.

Make good use of your time inside when you are free to study/take courses and it should not be an issue.

Which vocation are you going for?

Purplestars

Master Member
Reaction score
Take skillsfuture course in NS, learn the important skills to be employable. What kind of skills are employable? PAP doesn't say. Just take a paycut la. Cheaper Better Faster

maniamcool

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just don't be an idiot and regret halfway through.

Worst still regret until don't do work then push to nsf

Useless regulars

butter424

Reaction score
No it is not.
I have plenty of friends who go Sec 5 -> ITE -> Poly -> NS

many of them are ORDing at the age of 25 or so.

I also know regulars who have ER from service during first contract or ORD after 1x contract.

Make good use of your time inside when you are free to study/take courses and it should not be an issue.

Which vocation are you going for?

Infantry spec

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.