Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Regarding PES Status

Like Tree1Likes
Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2012, 12:55 PM   #16
SingTel Trial User

Yup, that one. Program called Every Singaporeans Sons.
My Pes C friends said their environment worse than what's on that program.

During sec school, I got a classmate who's exempted from P.E for having lung burst. We saw him vommited blood doing mid-term exam before. I'm not medical expert so I dunno what it's like, but it does sound dangerous to do exercise.
There are serious cases of course. But from what I understand, lung burst don't cause vomiting of blood.

Pneumothorax occurs in most people, and because of less severe ones resolve by itself, therefore people don't really know they have this problem.

Apart from exercising, there are people who can get pneumothorax when they are sleeping.

Therefore it is a misconception that people had a history of pneumothorax must be exempted from combat status. So long the pulmonary function test is normal, there's is nothing to fear when exercising.
IndigoEyes likes this.
renfred89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 02:11 PM   #17

I heard from people that pes C is harsher than what's on TV. (Episodic program on NS life). The TV program showcase people from pes A/B but people said the TV program is fake and just for image. They told me pes C experience harsher than what those actors experienced on that program. You can search it up on youtube. I forgot the program title.
What you mean by Pes C is harsher? You mean Pes C BMT is more siong than Pes A or B BMT? You sure or not? Who you heard from? I think people joke with you lah.
lchiew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 05:43 PM   #18

@renfred89
Good info. Yeah, probably is the severity. I don't know much condition about my classmate who vommited blood during mid-terms before but heard from friends he had lung burst.

@ichiew
No, they meant their pes c bmt experience is worse than the experiences shown on tv program "Every Singaporean Son". The program portrayed nsf from pes a/b. If pes c bmt is already worse, the real life pes a/b is worser than that.

E.g. The tv program never even show the superior shout vulgarities. All smile to camera even while running. Even in pes E, they shout vulgarities to recruits every minute.

Last edited by IndigoEyes; 09-04-2012 at 05:45 PM..
IndigoEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 06:45 PM   #19
High Supremacy Member

@renfred89
Good info. Yeah, probably is the severity. I don't know much condition about my classmate who vommited blood during mid-terms before but heard from friends he had lung burst.

@ichiew
No, they meant their pes c bmt experience is worse than the experiences shown on tv program "Every Singaporean Son". The program portrayed nsf from pes a/b. If pes c bmt is already worse, the real life pes a/b is worser than that.

E.g. The tv program never even show the superior shout vulgarities. All smile to camera even while running. Even in pes E, they shout vulgarities to recruits every minute.
Every singaporean son got feature PES c meh
Old 09-04-2012, 09:05 PM   #20

Every singaporean son got feature PES c meh
No, the 'Every SG son' feature pes A environment but got pes C people said their environment pressure more harsh than what's on that program. Usually, those type of shows only for image to ease parents & public anxiety.
Old 09-04-2012, 11:19 PM   #21

Harsh or not harsh also must take it mah BMT not school holiday camp leh not happy can complain to teachers and ask your parents to come and bring you home must grow up lah NS life is like that is up to you to make the best out of it right or not?
CLCLCLCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:08 PM   #22

I heard from people that pes C is harsher than what's on TV. (Episodic program on NS life). The TV program showcase people from pes A/B but people said the TV program is fake and just for image. They told me pes C experience harsher than what those actors experienced on that program. You can search it up on youtube. I forgot the program title.
I enlisted in the 70s did BMT in the than ITD (Infantry Training Depot) aka Terror Camp. The people you heard from want to talk about BMT harshness? they got no idea lah.
lchiew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:55 PM   #23

I enlisted in the 70s did BMT in the than ITD (Infantry Training Depot) aka Terror Camp. The people you heard from want to talk about BMT harshness? they got no idea lah.
Wow ITD? I know many old birds from 7SIB alot of them did BMT there back than very siong most of them become Guardsmen.
CLCLCLCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:25 PM   #24

Yeah, I agree. The past one are harsher than any of the current ones. I heard from my dad told me that during his time, some have to hunt their own food in jungle. My dad ate a frog and anything edible in there before. Alot more lives were lost back then compared to now.
Old 10-04-2012, 06:41 PM   #25
High Supremacy Member

Hi guys, to clarify, I undergo surgery to remove layer of blebs from my lung cause I had nearly 40% collapsed left lung. I'm not complaining and gladly take up the PES C, but I do like the quick and serious response from you guys to make me understand what challenges I'm going to face upon enlistment.

Once again thank you.
Jirachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:05 PM   #26
High Supremacy Member

Hi guys, to clarify, I undergo surgery to remove layer of blebs from my lung cause I had nearly 40% collapsed left lung. I'm not complaining and gladly take up the PES C, but I do like the quick and serious response from you guys to make me understand what challenges I'm going to face upon enlistment.

Once again thank you.
challenges? bear with inefficiency and stupidity
Old 11-04-2012, 02:13 AM   #27

The gradings from the past and present are very different. I heard from my dad that in the past, people with any lung or heart problem with any severity were medically boarded from NS already. Now, people with these conditions still needs to enlist. In present S.Korea, I heard from the tour guide and a friend there that a person who has high blood pressure or being obese doesn't need to serve at all. High blood pressure here would still be in pes B-C. It's weird because S.Korea have very high risk of war while we've almost to none. Then, I also understand S.Korea is a bigger country than us which makes them lenient in their enlistment grade criteria.

Once again thank you.
@Jirachi Actually, no one can predict what challenges you'll go through. It's because Pes C recruits have different conditions with different adaptivity level to the environment. Pes C has L1, L2 etc. I only know that pes C recruits still go through exercises. So you must be wary of your condition. Being wary of own well-being is also one of the challenges I guess? Your health is one of your responsibility.

One challenge mainly everyone (even pes E) will go through is facing vulgarity words from superiors. You can ask anyone. It's a culture in there to be scolded vulgar by superior every minute. It won't be a problem unless you have a mental disorder. If I'm not wrong, news got say before that 1 every 5 Singaporeans have mental disorders.

Off-topic: Most recruits with mental disorder you see in there are victims instead of psychotics. There're people with anxieties, panic disorders, trauma victims from accidents, ocd, even witness a pencil fell down from desk can trigger post-traumatic stress disorder symptoms etc. Hearing vulgarities itself is harmful towards a selected group of people. I once heard someone stab his own hand with dunno what after being shouted by his superior. Hearing a vulgarity even not towards these people, sub-consciously harms their mental condition. This is a challenge for them. Superiors should have a mindset that not everyone there has physical problems. This mindset made them anyhow give mental pressure to make up for physical tasks. In IMH, even visitors respect patients by not speaking out vulgarities to their friends.

Back to topic: No matter which pes you're in, you must see an medical officer if you feel unwell or condition worsen. Don't let peer pressure and psychological barrier prevent you from reporting sick. You'll face a time where subordinates accuse you of "keng" but you're really sick inside. This makes you afraid to report sick because they don't want others to have bad false impression of you. That's one of the challenges you may face.

There're several other challenges you & others may or not face.
Part of it also depends on you whether you see it positively or negatively.
Try your best to think positively when you enlisted.

Last edited by IndigoEyes; 11-04-2012 at 02:17 AM..
Old 11-04-2012, 02:23 AM   #28
High Supremacy Member

The gradings from the past and present are very different. I heard from my dad that in the past, people with any lung or heart problem with any severity were medically boarded from NS already. Now, people with these conditions still needs to enlist. In present S.Korea, I heard from the tour guide and a friend there that a person who has high blood pressure or being obese doesn't need to serve at all. High blood pressure here would still be in pes B-C. It's weird because S.Korea have very high risk of war while we've almost to none. Then, I also understand S.Korea is a bigger country than us which makes them lenient in their enlistment grade criteria.

@Jirachi Actually, no one can predict what challenges you'll go through. It's because Pes C recruits have different conditions with different adaptivity level to the environment. Pes C has L1, L2 etc. I only know that pes C recruits still go through exercises. So you must be wary of your condition. Being wary of own well-being is also one of the challenges I guess? Your health is one of your responsibility.

One challenge mainly everyone (even pes E) will go through is facing vulgarity words from superiors. You can ask anyone. It's a culture in there to be scolded vulgar by superior every minute. It won't be a problem unless you have a mental disorder. If I'm not wrong, news got say before that 1 every 5 Singaporeans have mental disorders.

Off-topic: Most recruits with mental disorder you see in there are victims instead of psychotics. There're people with anxieties, panic disorders, trauma victims from accidents, ocd, even witness a pencil fell down from desk can trigger post-traumatic stress disorder symptoms etc. Hearing vulgarities itself is harmful towards a selected group of people. I once heard someone stab his own hand with dunno what after being shouted by his superior. Hearing a vulgarity even not towards these people, sub-consciously harms their mental condition. This is a challenge for them. Superiors should have a mindset that not everyone there has physical problems. This mindset made them anyhow give mental pressure to make up for physical tasks. In IMH, even visitors respect patients by not speaking out vulgarities to their friends.

Back to topic: No matter which pes you're in, you must see an medical officer if you feel unwell or condition worsen. Don't let peer pressure and psychological barrier prevent you from reporting sick. You'll face a time where subordinates accuse you of "keng" but you're really sick inside. This makes you afraid to report sick because they don't want others to have bad false impression of you. That's one of the challenges you may face.

There're several other challenges you & others may or not face.
Part of it also depends on you whether you see it positively or negatively.
Try your best to think positively when you enlisted.
last time we got a lot of ppl cause high birth rate, no low birth rate, cannot anyhow throw away ppl.

1 in 5 got mental disorder!? that's like 20%!!! wtf
Old 11-04-2012, 02:40 AM   #29

last time we got a lot of ppl cause high birth rate, no low birth rate, cannot anyhow throw away ppl.

1 in 5 got mental disorder!? that's like 20%!!! wtf
Yup, I agree. The birth rate quite high last time. Now with lower birthrate, they're very strict in grading because they want as many people inside as possible.

Yea.. the news said before their records show 1/5 Singaporeans visit mental care centres like IMH for treatments and counselling. I was quite surprise about it too. I guess most people who visit mental care centres don't normally share with other friends or people.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.