Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

SAF IPPT, IPT & RT Questions...

Like Tree519Likes
Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-07-2017, 01:19 PM   #5386
Supremacy Member

Ready? My system does not allow me to book for IPT until I fail IPPT. Then I can start to book IPT (Of course, 1st and 10th session is IPT-IPPT). That why I take 11 times (1 x IPPT session + 10 x IPT sessions) very year. Don't ask me why cause I believe I have bad luck.

correction to your post bro.

One does not need to specially book a non-ICT IPPT inorder to go for IPT.

Once the new window is available, you can directly book for your first IPT. However, take note that your first and last session (1st and 10th) has to be without "(No Test)" indicated in the session timeslot selection as this shall be a IPT-IPPT.

The description of "IPT-IPPT" will be updated automatically in the system by the next day.

Therefore, only a total number of 10 sessions of IPT is required to clear your window.
Old 14-07-2017, 02:00 PM   #5387

Ready? My system does not allow me to book for IPT until I fail IPPT. Then I can start to book IPT (Of course, 1st and 10th session is IPT-IPPT). That why I take 11 times (1 x IPPT session + 10 x IPT sessions) very year. Don't ask me why cause I believe I have bad luck.
Not to what I encounter.

I am already in the middle of my IPT and i have not booked any non-ICT IPPT.

this applies to my previous years too.

Last edited by Calander; 14-07-2017 at 02:05 PM..
Calander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2017, 02:00 PM   #5388
Supremacy Member

mac area...

another one who doesnt google..

http://lifestyle.www.ns.sg/ns-media/...pt-in-the-park
bro, the link not working.

is it still at the Mac?
Old 14-07-2017, 02:07 PM   #5389

Anyone knows how long they take to update the PPT status if you managed to achieved the target PPT band?

Like for my first IPT-IPPT I scored 0-15pts so I'm in PPT Band 1 and the target is Band 2, and I just took another non-ICT IPPT and scored 16-30 so technically I have achieved my PPT right?
xRaxoR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2017, 02:21 PM   #5390

bro, the link not working.

is it still at the Mac?
bro.. that post was a very long time ago...

it's somewhere opposite mac. if u are at mac looking towards the park.. it is at your 10 or 11 o'clock direction... around those stone edges and overhead structures.

did u not visit the ipt-in-the-park since then?
Old 14-07-2017, 04:06 PM   #5391

Anyone knows how long they take to update the PPT status if you managed to achieved the target PPT band?

Like for my first IPT-IPPT I scored 0-15pts so I'm in PPT Band 1 and the target is Band 2, and I just took another non-ICT IPPT and scored 16-30 so technically I have achieved my PPT right?
about 3-7 working days. u will receive an sms saying that u have met your requirements and u have therefore, cleared your window.

n yes u have technically achieved your PPT.
Old 14-07-2017, 04:58 PM   #5392
Supremacy Member

Then possible you consider taken IPPT in ICT which the system allow you to book IPT directly.

My unit don't conduct IPPT during ICT, that why consider zero attempt.

Not to what I encounter.

I am already in the middle of my IPT and i have not booked any non-ICT IPPT.

this applies to my previous years too.
Old 14-07-2017, 05:29 PM   #5393

about 3-7 working days. u will receive an sms saying that u have met your requirements and u have therefore, cleared your window.

n yes u have technically achieved your PPT.
okay thanks!
xRaxoR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2017, 09:35 AM   #5394

Then possible you consider taken IPPT in ICT which the system allow you to book IPT directly.

My unit don't conduct IPPT during ICT, that why consider zero attempt.
sad enough to say, my last ICT was about 3 years ago and have not taken any non-ICT nor ICT-IPPT at all since. maybe u should call NS Hotline to enquire why is it that you have to take 11 sessions in total which is not in accordance to the IPPT policy.
Old 15-07-2017, 04:59 PM   #5395
Supremacy Member

Haha, don't needs cause I already MR few years back.

Anyway, it just 1 IPPT session so I can still tahan but if you are talking about 20 RT sessions, I will be first to KPKB!

sad enough to say, my last ICT was about 3 years ago and have not taken any non-ICT nor ICT-IPPT at all since. maybe u should call NS Hotline to enquire why is it that you have to take 11 sessions in total which is not in accordance to the IPPT policy.
Old 16-07-2017, 04:43 PM   #5396

Hi guys. Want to ask question regarding ippt and exit permit question.

If let say i were to migrate in the future. For example in 2019. If I apply for exit permit before i received my saf100.

1) it mean i just have to apply exit permit straight away?

2)On the other hand, if i did receive my saf100(call up). Does it mean i have to apply deferment through my unit followed by the exit permit?

3) in either scenario, do i have to clock ippt for that year assuming that my exit permit is successful and i will leave in 2019?

Thanks for reply.
Esirious0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2017, 09:48 AM   #5397

Hi guys. Want to ask question regarding ippt and exit permit question.

If let say i were to migrate in the future. For example in 2019. If I apply for exit permit before i received my saf100.

1) it mean i just have to apply exit permit straight away?

2)On the other hand, if i did receive my saf100(call up). Does it mean i have to apply deferment through my unit followed by the exit permit?

3) in either scenario, do i have to clock ippt for that year assuming that my exit permit is successful and i will leave in 2019?

Thanks for reply.
refer to this if u haven done so.
https://www.ns.sg/nsp/portal/site/mi...eas-trips/info

basically, if u haven receive any saf100.. just apply for EP first.

but best is call ur unit
Old 17-07-2017, 09:34 PM   #5398

refer to this if u haven done so.
https://www.ns.sg/nsp/portal/site/mi...eas-trips/info

basically, if u haven receive any saf100.. just apply for EP first.

but best is call ur unit
Quite detailed explanation in the link though it doesnt answer the part whether there is a need to clock ippt. Some people told me that if my ippt period has 'started' for that year, i am supposed to clock ippt before i leave.

On the other hand, if my ippt window havent start and i apply exit permit before my ippt window start date. I need not clock for that year.

because the officer would ask 'whether there is NS obligation needed to be fulfilled'. So i presumed ippt is also part of NS obligation....

But will check with my unit for more info.

Thanks!
Esirious0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2017, 10:12 AM   #5399

Quite detailed explanation in the link though it doesnt answer the part whether there is a need to clock ippt. Some people told me that if my ippt period has 'started' for that year, i am supposed to clock ippt before i leave.

On the other hand, if my ippt window havent start and i apply exit permit before my ippt window start date. I need not clock for that year.

because the officer would ask 'whether there is NS obligation needed to be fulfilled'. So i presumed ippt is also part of NS obligation....

But will check with my unit for more info.

Thanks!
just to add-on. if i did not remember wrongly that is if u are in sg for consecutive 4 months ( within 1 window and regardless before or after your departure/return). u will need to clear your IPPT.
Old 18-07-2017, 04:01 PM   #5400
Supremacy Member

I know a person that SAF did not call him back for ICT after few years he ORD. then he get a PR from another country & went over there to find job. Once he get a job, he defer with SAF under 'work' reason. So every few years, he just defer using the same reason until he reach the SAF retirement age of 40 year old. In short, he serve his 2.5 years of NSF but did not serve a single day as NSman.

just to add-on. if i did not remember wrongly that is if u are in sg for consecutive 4 months ( within 1 window and regardless before or after your departure/return). u will need to clear your IPPT.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.