HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

SAF IPPT, IPT & RT Questions...

Like Tree526Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-05-2013, 05:56 AM   #1
High Supremacy Member

SAF IPPT, IPT & RT Questions...

Hi all got some questions on IPPT, IPT & RT.

1. Does taking my IPPT during my ICT count as having taken my IPPT(pass or fail) if it is during my IPPT window period?

2. I heard from my friend who is studying in NUS that becos he is in an IHL, he is excused from RT. Does it count for me since I am studying full time at SIM now?

3. If the answer to qn 1 is yes and I failed the ICT IPPT, can I just go ahead and book IPT before my window closes to be safe from the RT sessions?

Thanks for the answering. Will try again to look through ns.sg to find the answers although the last time I couldnt get any...
mustsic likes this.
KWSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2013, 05:56 AM   #2
High Supremacy Member

Re: SAF 264 Problem

Reserved for updates.
mustsic likes this.
KWSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2013, 05:56 AM   #3
Administrator

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is here
mustsic likes this.
Connecting IT to You

Should you need to reach out to someone in charge, please PM the respective forum's moderator or start a discussion topic in the Online Membership/Feedback Forum.
hwzadmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2013, 05:56 AM   #4

Hi there,

I was asked to report for a RT default charge in May but due to an impending exam, I had to give it a miss (According to the customer service officer I called, she said it was alright to give the first charge date a miss and they will schedule me with another date which I would HAVE to attend). Then only yesterday, I received the next charge letter. I am now required to report for the charge at the end of June. Coincidentally, the date coincides with my ICT date. The thing is, according to the CSO, when the charge dates are issued, they are fixed and not able to be changed. I called up again and the CSO told me to go back to my camp and look for the Chief Clerk or S1 to settle my charge in camp.

Can this really happen?

Now the thing I am worried about is the Chief Clerk/S1 may be busy people/do not have information regarding my charge, and therefore, may not have the time to handle my charge. If thats the case, I would be considered as defaulting the charge and may face double the penalty. Even if they are able to handle my charge, the lack of coordination may even lead to the charge not being handled properly and I may be considered as 'failure to appear'. The advice of the CSO may backfire and it would then make this a difficult and meagre defense towards my case.

Please, anyone with similar experiences or any knowledge regarding my situation, could you give me some comments? Gratitude.
mustsic likes this.
oookkii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2013, 10:13 AM   #5
Greater Supremacy Member

Hi there,

I was asked to report for a RT default charge in May but due to an impending exam, I had to give it a miss (According to the customer service officer I called, she said it was alright to give the first charge date a miss and they will schedule me with another date which I would HAVE to attend). Then only yesterday, I received the next charge letter. I am now required to report for the charge at the end of June. Coincidentally, the date coincides with my ICT date. The thing is, according to the CSO, when the charge dates are issued, they are fixed and not able to be changed. I called up again and the CSO told me to go back to my camp and look for the Chief Clerk or S1 to settle my charge in camp.

Can this really happen?

Now the thing I am worried about is the Chief Clerk/S1 may be busy people/do not have information regarding my charge, and therefore, may not have the time to handle my charge. If thats the case, I would be considered as defaulting the charge and may face double the penalty. Even if they are able to handle my charge, the lack of coordination may even lead to the charge not being handled properly and I may be considered as 'failure to appear'. The advice of the CSO may backfire and it would then make this a difficult and meagre defense towards my case.

Please, anyone with similar experiences or any knowledge regarding my situation, could you give me some comments? Gratitude.
Coinciding with your ICT date is ok. Just let your superiors in your ICT camp know that u need to go attend to your charge. U dun have to reschedule it.
mustsic likes this.

No mercy for the despicable IBs. We must take the offensive against them.

Mourning Singapore democracy's death due to the presidential election farce.

Kiwi8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2013, 10:25 AM   #6

Hi there,

Can this really happen?

most likely they will ask u go back to mindef to answer charge on the 2nd date.. i am not sure about it but my chief clerk and S1 said they dun answer such charges in camp anymore.. all directed back to mindef.
mustsic likes this.
Davtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2013, 10:26 AM   #7

1. Does taking my IPPT during my ICT count as having taken my IPPT(pass or fail) if it is during my IPPT window period?
yes count

2. I heard from my friend who is studying in NUS that becos he is in an IHL, he is excused from RT. Does it count for me since I am studying full time at SIM now?
lol.. i nv study so high so i duno

3. If the answer to qn 1 is yes and I failed the ICT IPPT, can I just go ahead and book IPT before my window closes to be safe from the RT sessions?
u should be able to book IPT after fail, but if u dun pass IPT also still go for RT.
mustsic likes this.
Davtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2013, 10:46 AM   #8
Great Supremacy Member

Wow...new thread...
mustsic likes this.
vasilli07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2013, 10:52 AM   #9
Great Supremacy Member

Hi there,

Can this really happen?

I have seen people being charged during ict for being rt defaulter. So there is a chance u could get charged during ict instead.

But if u want to confirm, try to contact your unit S1.
mustsic likes this.
Old 21-05-2013, 01:26 PM   #10
Greater Supremacy Member

MINDEF Services > Non-ICT IPPT/RT > FAQ > Remedial Training

mustsic likes this.

Old 22-05-2013, 09:31 AM   #11
Arch-Supremacy Member

saw one thread that RT must wear Singlet liao?

is it true??

if true, outside singlet can is it??
mustsic likes this.
ohmydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2013, 09:41 AM   #12
Great Supremacy Member

saw one thread that RT must wear Singlet liao?

is it true??

if true, outside singlet can is it??
Should be a bluff lah. Never heard other people complaining.
mustsic and ohmydog like this.
Old 22-05-2013, 10:07 AM   #13

Hi all,

I'll get straight to the point, my ippt window ended yst 21/5 and before that, I've took up IPT but only went for the 1st lesson and subsequently booked and tried for Non-ICT IPPT twice (fail)before the window closes yesterday.

I know that I am supposed to go for 20 RT lessons for the last three months before birthday date but as I'll be getting keys to my new HDB soon (Jun) so I don't think I can commit to 20 lessons at all.

Should I appeal to NS.sg for exemption that to treat that I've completed my IPT so that I will require to go for 8 lessons only instead or just default my IPPT and receive my charge?
mustsic likes this.
Old 22-05-2013, 10:18 AM   #14
Greater Supremacy Member

Hi all,

I'll get straight to the point, my ippt window ended yst 21/5 and before that, I've took up IPT but only went for the 1st lesson and subsequently booked and tried for Non-ICT IPPT twice (fail)before the window closes yesterday.

I know that I am supposed to go for 20 RT lessons for the last three months before birthday date but as I'll be getting keys to my new HDB soon (Jun) so I don't think I can commit to 20 lessons at all.

Should I appeal to NS.sg for exemption that to treat that I've completed my IPT so that I will require to go for 8 lessons only instead or just default my IPPT and receive my charge?
Huh? Why getting the keys to the flat will affect the lessons?

Also, fail IPT is fail IPT, how can there be exemption and do only 8 lessons from 20 lessons?
mustsic likes this.

Old 22-05-2013, 10:21 AM   #15
Great Supremacy Member

Hi all,

I seriously doubt they will accept your appeal. Everyone got commitments and you only attended 1(out of 10) IPT session, how to convince them?
mustsic likes this.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.