HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Signing on navy

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-11-2017, 02:50 PM   #1

Signing on navy

I'm a Malay Muslim and I feel that I can't sign on navy cause of religion or racial issue. I have no problem with no halal food onboard as long as I don't consume pork or alcohol. So does any of you know what I should do? Plan to sign on navy officer. Anyone knows anything about it? And also does indicating depression disrupt my chances of getting ocs? Cause I have mild depression even before ns so I'm not sure but I really like the ocean and water and traveling around the world on a ship sounds good. Better than doing army stuff
Barryallen123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2017, 08:26 PM   #2
High Supremacy Member

What you feel is not important. What is important is whether they have a policy allowing or not allowing Malay Muslim to serve in the navy.

Anyway being in navy doesn't mean you have to go on shop what. There are such thing as sea soldiers that are under navy.

What should you do? I don't get it.

Anyway http://www.straitstimes.com/singapor...ors-ng-eng-hen

If you have medically diagnose depression, I don't think you will even be combat fit to even stand a chance of going to command school.

Eh, you not merchant navy or cruise liner sailor hor. This is the military.

If you want to sign on cause of that, I don't think you should.
reddevil0728 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2017, 09:42 PM   #3

I'm a Malay Muslim and I feel that I can't sign on navy cause of religion or racial issue. I have no problem with no halal food onboard as long as I don't consume pork or alcohol. So does any of you know what I should do? Plan to sign on navy officer. Anyone knows anything about it? And also does indicating depression disrupt my chances of getting ocs? Cause I have mild depression even before ns so I'm not sure but I really like the ocean and water and traveling around the world on a ship sounds good. Better than doing army stuff
If you plan to sign on navy, you will not be posted to land unit for quite sometime. Your whole career will probably be on board ship.

During interview, you must be able to tell the board you are ready to serve and will not be bind by your religion.
cryptlord31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.