HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Where to exchange SBO/LBV?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2017, 08:49 AM   #1

Where to exchange SBO/LBV?

Hi guys,

When I took out my SBO for ICT, I realised that it's been in storage for too long. The straps literally crumbled to pieces and dust (not kidding) to the extent where the shoulder straps just snapped and broke. So I can't wear it anymore. It's the older SBO like a jacket with buckles in front.

Is it possible to exchange for a new SBO/LBV? I don't really care whether it's the new pixelised version or the old one. I just need one that is functional.

Thanks.
kurt111494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 08:10 PM   #2
High Supremacy Member

u can try asking ur ns unit csm and CQ if u can do kit exchange..
Old 13-09-2017, 10:29 AM   #3
Greater Supremacy Member

Hi guys,

When I took out my SBO for ICT, I realised that it's been in storage for too long. The straps literally crumbled to pieces and dust (not kidding) to the extent where the shoulder straps just snapped and broke. So I can't wear it anymore. It's the older SBO like a jacket with buckles in front.

Is it possible to exchange for a new SBO/LBV? I don't really care whether it's the new pixelised version or the old one. I just need one that is functional.

Thanks.
Yes, should be able to exchange. Check with your unit CSM and he may direct u to liaise with his unit CQ to arrange for an exchange, just like mgx-alander wrote.

No mercy for the despicable IBs. We must take the offensive against them.

Mourning Singapore democracy's death due to the presidential election farce.

Kiwi8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2017, 06:07 PM   #4

I think by the time I request and all, my high key would have already ended lol. It's ok, I managed to loan out one from the NSF side.
kurt111494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2017, 06:25 PM   #5
Greater Supremacy Member

I think by the time I request and all, my high key would have already ended lol. It's ok, I managed to loan out one from the NSF side.
No lah, they have to what. Cos the full SBO/LBV cannot be bought using eMart credits (only certain parts can), so it's definitely a kit exchange with the CQ. And if they can't get it for u in time, wouldn't u have the perfect excuse not to be able to participate in field exercises?

Anyway, one possible scenario is that they might not be able to get one in time, then they might either ask u to borrow from someone, or they themselves borrow one for u.

Anyway, do let your unit CSM know your situation on the first day of your ICT.

No mercy for the despicable IBs. We must take the offensive against them.

Mourning Singapore democracy's death due to the presidential election farce.

Kiwi8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2017, 06:36 PM   #6
High Supremacy Member

Think about it this way, if you can't get it anywhere else but from them, what can they do to you if you don't have it?
Old 14-09-2017, 12:25 AM   #7
Arch-Supremacy Member

if your company have enough ppl with cui SBO, can lobby for kit exchange. my company did that in 2014, all got new helmets and 1st-gen pixelised LBV (old stock). i guess coy size small (below 70 pax) and brigade got budget for exchange to happen so they did it.

my sbo was the bra type, one gen before the olive/brown jacket LBV. change to almost 3g soldier appearance, only field pack i refuse to upgrade to pixelised one because only left few ICTs, spend the credits on towels and running shoes instead...
-hollowman- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2017, 06:08 PM   #8
High Supremacy Member

u wont get it immediately de, but u still have to request for kit exchange, you want to borrow for next 10 years meh

u request this ict, will get next ict la
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.