3M One Pass Mini - Fiber Runaway

comtt74

Reaction score
Greetings.

I just want to share with HWZ brothers in case you are interested.

I am not related to 3M.

If there is a duplicate thread on these, please kindly forgive me.

The link is here below.

Promotion : 3M Singapore

Terms & Conditions

1.The promotion price of S$299 is applicable for HDB flats up to 5-room in size.

2.The promotion price of S$299 is inclusive of product and installation costs. (Subjects to site survey)

3.This promotion does not apply to Private & Executive Condominiums, Maisonettes and Landed properties.

4.The promotion price of S$299 is valid for the period of 12th March 2012 to 15th June 2012.

By the way, any HWZ brother sign up for it during the IT show 2012?

Thanks.

Qubicfactor

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think it's good that niche solutions are starting to come up since it means fiber is reaching critical mass in sg.

chengsun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It is like a "trunking" for the fiber right? How does this work with Opennet? As in, if I have FTP installed in living room, then I will use this for what purpose?

neubie

Reaction score
i think it is designed to conceal your fiber cable (the yellow one) that links to the ONT. but then again, if u look at the corners, I dunno if the fiber cable will break if the bending is too sharp (90 degrees).

comtt74

Reaction score
Another link from 3M below.

3M

It looks neat to me.

I tried calling up 3M at Yishun but their customer service cannot make it.

Sigh.

You may want to call up to enquire.

Cheers.

sWirL84

Master Member
Reaction score
looks really expensive, or is it just me? hmm

unless your FTP is really far from your ONT, if not it won't be worth it.

henrywjkoh

Reaction score
Usually the ONT is installed next to the FTP right?
Or am i wrong?

Whats the use of having the FTP in living room then ONT in study room?

tromba

Reaction score
Usually the ONT is installed next to the FTP right?
Or am i wrong?

Whats the use of having the FTP in living room then ONT in study room?

and provided the patch cable u use is not of poor quality and broken, this make it totally useless...

hawthorne

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
so this one is to just to let you pull the fibre into another part of the house?

comtt74

Reaction score
so this one is to just to let you pull the fibre into another part of the house?

It seemed like.

I did call up 3M to enquire about it.

According to them, 3M mini concept is like relocating your TP from your actual location to your choice location.

For example, TP is located at living room (HDB) and your choice of location is your bedroom.

3M mini fibre cable will run from your living room to your bedroom with another TP installed there.

Once you used the TP in your bedroom, you cannot use the one in the living room. (example for IPTV in the future)

Cheers.

hawthorne

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It seemed like.

According to them, 3M mini concept is like relocating your TP from your actual location to your choice location.

For example, TP is located at living room (HDB) and your choice of location is your bedroom.

3M mini fibre cable will run from your living room to your bedroom with another TP installed there.

Once you used the TP in your bedroom, you cannot use the one in the living room. (example for IPTV in the future)

Cheers.
ok. makes sense. I think it would be useful to have a similar concept for ethernet cables as well.

reframe

Reaction score
It seemed like.

Cheers.

Yes, I think I have the same understanding as you. I watched this video 3M and the major advantage I see is that their cable can bend at smaller radius.
The other advantage of course is that the 3M trunking is much smaller and nicer. For the price of $299 though, it is very expansive. You can do it yourself by using a long fiber optic cable. Connect one end to your TP and the other end to your ONT.
To make it look nicer, you have to enclose the fiber optic cable within an electrical trunking that you buy from electrical shop. The other more robust way is just to connect a long lan cable from your ONT to your router. Again have to use trunking to dress the cable nicely.

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any other users of this product?

can OpenNet install their TP in the house near to the entry point doorstep area? from there 3M will install another TP at our desired location from OpenNet's TP. would there be any charges incurred for trunking/cabling from FDP along corridor to our house near to the entry point doorstep area?

Delon1234

Reaction score
any other users of this product?

can OpenNet install their TP in the house near to the entry point doorstep area? from there 3M will install another TP at our desired location from OpenNet's TP. would there be any charges incurred for trunking/cabling from FDP along corridor to our house near to the entry point doorstep area?
Yes, you can. But u have to convince them that you are going to do extension urself.

If you missed the free installation period. it will be $220 for the installation. It includes trunking at corridor (no limit) and inside house first 15m.

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wah like that abit bo hua leh. $220 and $299 is $519 liao. unless they can just drill a hole and bring in the fiber without termination point, from there 3M continue. :s22:

nukeman

Reaction score
Anybody use this before? Does it look better and reliable?

Wan to know how it is before going for it

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.